Odds at Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
:cloud9:Looking to go in First part of May 2024.
Hopefully for a Studio or 1 bedroom :lovestruc .
Is this difficult to do at 7 months?? TIA:wave:

Last edited:
What time of year? 1 bedrooms can usually be done, unless it is the holiday season. CCV studios can be difficult many times of the year as they didn't build enough of them, but there are also times when they are relatively easy, such as the summer.

What time of year? 1 bedrooms can usually be done, unless it is the holiday season. CCV studios can be difficult many times of the year as they didn't build enough of them, but there are also times when they are relatively easy, such as the summer.
Sorry, had to add that in.
First part of May.

Something to consider is that this year the next-to-cheapest first two weeks of December got switched to the first two weeks of May.

There may not be a lot of DVCers aware of that as yet, but the points-poor as we used to be may be glomming onto those two weeks this year and in future until points allocations shift again.

You'll likely have a chance for a 1br but can probably forget a studio unless you don't mind waitlisting and hoping.

Remains to be seen how many people needing to schedule stays at points-cheaper times are aware that early May now is one of those. I suspect that booking then next year will be harder to do than this year.

We were able to book a Boulder Ridge studio for the 4 nights we needed in early May 2023 at the 7 month mark. Additional rooms were still available immediately after we booked. 1BR was even more available (the whole week was available).

Caveats:
  1. we booked before the BRV renovation was well known, I suspect there's higher demand now
  2. while our exact dates were available, I don't think we could have booked a whole week
  3. as @Her Dotness mentioned, there might be some shift of members to lower points times of the year, which May is now

Copper Creek studios were not available, but I don't recall how unavailable they were (e.g., some dates but not all, or completely unavailable).

I didn't know either resort had standard rooms. Good luck, both are great choices!

BRV has no "standard" booking designation. CCV also does not but does distinguish, for booking purposes, between the two types studios, those with only a walk-in shower and those with a combined tub and shower.

The first two weeks of May used to be in one of the higher-point booking seasons. Over a three-year period, DVC lowered the points needed for the first two weeks of May so that it is now in the second lowest point season. The result is that for 2023, being able to get reservations at 7-months out began to get a little more difficult than before. That problem will probably increase for 2024.

At 7 months out for time during the first two weeks of May 2023, the CCV shower-only studios were missing 2 days each week and the tub-and-shower studios 3 days each week, but 1BRs were open both weeks. For BRV, studios were gone one day in each week, and 1BRs were open. Studio availability at both will likely tighten somewhat more for 2024 at 7-months out, but I am guessing you will still have a good chance for a 1BR.

Do not know your party size but be aware that only four (plus a child under three) are allowed in the CCV studio and in the 1BR. The BRV studio has a somewhat less than twin-size Murphy bed that pulls out of a cabinet and thus you can reserve for 5 (plus a child under three). The BRV 1BRs also allow 5, but have only two queen-size sleeping areas (a bed and a pull-out couch, which by the time you go should instead be a Murphy bed that pulls from the wall). If you have a fifth for the 1BR, you need to bring your own sleeping materials for the fifth, such as an air-mattress or sleeping bag.

Last edited:
Interested in staying in a studio in either BRV or CCV mid-November (two weeks before thanksgiving). Is that close enough to holiday season that either will be tough to grab?

Interested in staying in a studio in either BRV or CCV mid-November (two weeks before thanksgiving). Is that close enough to holiday season that either will be tough to grab?
Anything from Halloween on is hard. Certainly won't get at 7 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter