Odd Result when posting a Link

This post by @pkrieger2287 contains a link to DVCFan.com. The link works, but appears as constantly loading.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...b-villa-with-dreams-unlimited-travel.3822214/
I've noticed a few other posts just like that.
It started the same time that I started having a log in issue with DISboards. My problem is, I open DISboards and log in. Then I click on a thread I want to read, and it requires me to log in again.

About the same time that the alert banner that Alex posted regarding the recent change on the server maybe causing some people's accounts appear to be locked due to failed log ins was removed.

The fix (per @WebmasterDoc) is to "put [ URL ] before the link and [ /URL ] after the link. (and there should NOT be a space before or after URL and /URL )".

Hoping that manual fix is temporary, until the software is fixed to do that automatically. The " add a link" icon subroutine needs a fix, too.

The fix (per @WebmasterDoc) is to "put [ URL ] before the link and [ /URL ] after the link. (and there should NOT be a space before or after URL and /URL )".

Hoping that manual fix is temporary, until the software is fixed to do that automatically. The " add a link" icon subroutine needs a fix, too.
Piggy-backing on this - am I the only one who's having issues with the log in? When I first open DISboards, and log in, then open a thread I want to read/reply to, I'm required to log in again.

It started at the same time that the posting links problem.

Piggy-backing on this - am I the only one who's having issues with the log in? When I first open DISboards, and log in, then open a thread I want to read/reply to, I'm required to log in again.

It started at the same time that the posting links problem.
I'm not having that problem on either my laptop or Kindle tablet. I mostly use the chrome browser on both, but sometimes I use the Silk browser on the Kindle. No issues with the login on either, unless I use incognito or private browsing.

What device & browser are you using? Have you tried clearing cache & cookies and then restarting your device?

I'm not having that problem on either my laptop or Kindle tablet. I mostly use the chrome browser on both, but sometimes I use the Silk browser on the Kindle. No issues with the login on either, unless I use incognito or private browsing.

What device & browser are you using? Have you tried clearing cache & cookies and then restarting your device?
Windows 10 laptop, Chrome browser. I'll try Edge and see if I'm having the same problem.

Tried this and it did stop the continuous loading -- but now my links don't work! I think I'll just have to wait until the software gets fixed. lol...

Tried this and it did stop the continuous loading -- but now my links don't work! I think I'll just have to wait until the software gets fixed. lol...

If [URL unfurl="true" ] appears in the link, remove unfurl='true so that you end up with just [URL]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter