October trip reports 😊

9C73E9A2-3FE7-4709-BF91-9A37ECAFEA48.jpeg

Some pictures of sea world and discovery cove! Had an amazing time at both places- especially discovery cove! Learned they also have pizza and soft serve pineapple and vanilla ice cream available- what a hidden treasure! Made the ticket price worth it just for that! 😁
7632BE07-F995-4A56-83E3-0C9468D4DEC9.jpeg
BF4E73DE-3FEB-4BD9-BF56-6CCEE84E6AAE.jpeg
3866360E-BF36-49D3-8616-A7A34AA277F8.jpeg62A92051-B58E-4368-880D-37C75BA042BB.jpeg

Can anyone else read what's in the Halloween Activities blue box? @serenitygr, can you type out for us what it says? Is it basically "stay tuned"?

Ed

C8ACDC82-5E43-4884-81CC-3D545AC7FAE1.jpeg
We went to the Hoop Dee Doo on Saturday night- absolutely have never had so much fun! First: place was completely full- including all the way around the balcony! Second: we were a party of nine and seated three tables back from the stage- perfect spot! Third: the performers were even better than I ever remember- they are simply amazing! Fourth: food was so good- something for everyone! And while I’ve heard people complain about the strawberry shortcake- I actually thought it was better than anytime in the past- it was delicious! And lastly: see that guy up there who’s an Angel? That’s our guy! We actually had someone from our family chosen to be the angel, and he was the most amazing sport in the world and agreed to go with them. To make this even better he had never been to the show and had no idea- it was just perfect!!

Last edited:

Found my next purchase 😂
E57848A4-D1A2-4BDE-89B0-2E0B2C680621.jpeg

We’ve been having an amazing time! Yesterday we went to the Halloween party at magic kingdom, and it was the best party I have ever been to! So much fun! Went on lots of rides- almost everything was a walk on except seven dwarfs. Peter Pan and space were about ten minutes. Posted wait times were much higher than actual waits throughout the party. ( 20-40 minutes higher)
Found a treat station by pirates that filled our big trick or treat bags ! Pirates was so fun-there was a live pirate in jail who borrowed my phone so he could talk to my daughter “in hopes she could get him a lawyer” 😂
The parade was incredible-the stage show cute, and the fireworks beautiful :) we had such a great time! Left right at midnight when they were doing the last stage show and only about five minutes boat wait and we we’re heading back to the fort- all in all a pretty perfect night!

We’ve been having an amazing time! Yesterday we went to the Halloween party at magic kingdom, and it was the best party I have ever been to! So much fun! Went on lots of rides- almost everything was a walk on except seven dwarfs. Peter Pan and space were about ten minutes. Posted wait times were much higher than actual waits throughout the party. ( 20-40 minutes higher)
Found a treat station by pirates that filled our big trick or treat bags ! Pirates was so fun-there was a live pirate in jail who borrowed my phone so he could talk to my daughter “in hopes she could get him a lawyer” 😂
The parade was incredible-the stage show cute, and the fireworks beautiful :) we had such a great time! Left right at midnight when they were doing the last stage show and only about five minutes boat wait and we we’re heading back to the fort- all in all a pretty perfect night!
What a great post! We have tickets for the party on 10/20 and cannot be more excited!!

First time in the 2100 loop. #2137 until Thursday, was a pretty easy site to back into. When I got the text, I almost called to see about moving to one of the other full hookup loops, but thought we'd give it a shot. It's actually really quiet. And we have our bikes to ride everywhere. I did see the bus stop at the the 1600-1900 loops, it's just two benches and a trash can now. The sign for 1400 loop is gone and a temporary one in place. There's a few trees uprooted here and there but it looks like they did a good job cleaning up.

Can’t believe we’re on our last week already! Only six more days and then we head home to cold and already snowy Minnesota 🤮

We are going on a college tour today near Tampa Bay- something two of our kids were interested in doing. Then planning on hitting some of the tacky Florida gift shops this afternoon for our other son 😝 Tonight we are going to Cape May - special dinner with our two very special friends who live in Florida and stay at the Fort when we do…

We had a couple cool bus experiences yesterday- we learned the KRONK buses are “unassigned” buses that go wherever they are needed- we had one at the Fort and the driver walked over and asked us where we we’re heading. We told him and he said “come with me!” Gave us a ride on our own personal bus since no one else was going there at the time- really nice of him!

We also got to ride one of the cool huge white buses- they are absolutely beautiful inside- even have spots in the ceiling to charge phones! AE14143C-F402-4C80-95F8-369847D7A5BC.jpeg

E0DA4913-4A90-4018-B34E-A4A6038FD573.jpeg9267BA23-C7C1-4EEA-845D-116C9F7CC255.jpegCF4514AA-3B25-4547-93BE-4C2EB443AB56.jpeg149EF76D-7089-43E7-AE49-DE16FE6308AF.jpegB8F3C4BF-D5EB-4397-AB08-5C6072A550A5.jpeg37762DEB-B7FD-4B8F-AFAA-67E129E0C6FD.jpegF6CD3CE1-3D1B-452F-91A6-62BDCB4871EE.jpeg
Just a short review regarding Space 220! We had a lunch reservation there yesterday in the lounge area. We mainly just wanted to see what it was like since we’d never been there 😊

We ordered three appetizers: shrimp, calamari, and cauliflower. All three were decent- nothing extraordinary. Service was definitely very good! Atmosphere was ok but not really all that different from just an ordinary restaurant to us. I’m glad we went though! It’s fun just to see new places and be able to know what they are like! We looked at the regular lunch and dinner options, and some of them did look pretty good so I wouldn’t mind going back and trying one of them someday!

We check in on 10/23 and out on 11/5. Probably won't get to meet and say hi but maybe a wave :wave2: It will be me and Teresa as well as DS and his wife (Jordan and Katie) and DD and husband (Emily and Michael) and most importantly my grandson Archer who will be almost 3 and on his first Disney vacation.

Steve
Steve:

Stop by and say Hi!! I should be in 100 next to Star Wars site and just look for Jack and friends :) We check in the 26th - 3rd
Michelle

Teresa and I have actually surprised ourselves at just how ready we are at this point. Camper is packed and ready. Clothes are packed and ready. Truck has been checked out and just needs to be topped off with fuel Thursday night. We have reservations for Friday night at the Jacksonville North / St Mary's Koa Holiday that is just off 95 and is located across the road from a Pilot with rv pumps. We then have a reservation at Lake Louisa State Park that is just a short drive from Fort Wilderness. Big thanks to @bama_ed who recommended this as an overnight stop years ago. It truly is a perfect overnight before arriving at the Fort due to having a Wal-Mart, Publix and a Lowes close as well as lots of restaurants to grab something to eat.

We are especially excited for this trip to the Fort as it will be our grandson's first to Disney. He is already a Mickey Mouse fan (actually his favorite is Donald Duck) and he really likes spooky pumpkins and spooky witches and spooky spiders and spooky.....well you get the picture. We just can't wait to see his eyes when he walks down Main Street for the first time.

This is Archer in his pirate outfit that his Mamaw and I got for him for ToT at the Fort.
.FB_IMG_1666238289863.jpg

Steve

A few random pictures: down on the dock- it looks so much better than last year! I know everyone says they won’t bring the little sea racer boats back, but I do wonder what they’ll do with this area now that they’ve fixed it up so nicely….
4277BD36-E518-4E3B-AF20-C3ED62CF39E4.jpegC3D8128C-A825-49F2-8C7E-D169DACD3511.jpegC70B979B-EF4F-471A-896F-47A65F388A90.jpeg9067D9DC-F58F-41A6-AF77-35E116BC86B2.jpeg96C9B78F-C676-431B-9D87-B2266B95D020.jpeg

I also definitely recommend the strawberry funnel cake at Hollywood Studios! I think it’s called Epic Eats right by Indiana Jones. Soooo good!
07896CF5-F801-4A07-BC21-4C31DC784B61.jpeg825EB244-66E9-4EC5-A003-C5F104CBEF30.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter