October trip reports 😊

serenitygr

2021: trip number six to the Fort!!
Well- I may be way too eager, but I figured I would get the ball rolling! This thread is for anyone arriving in October ( hoping that’s the way it works!) I can also update this thread with names and dates as we get families joining in. Hoping some of us can find time to meet other DIS members, even if it’s just a quick “hello!”

We’re coming in from Minnesota- arriving October 4th and staying until October 23rd. Hoping to get a site in Big Bear Loop. Our group is myself ( Shelly) my other half Joe, and three of our four kids (korey and kody- both 20, and sammi, who is 17) we are also being joined by two friends from Minnesota who have never been to Disney: Kristen and her son JT, who is 16.

Super excited and can’t wait to be there!

We check in on 10/23 and out on 11/5. Probably won't get to meet and say hi but maybe a wave :wave2: It will be me and Teresa as well as DS and his wife (Jordan and Katie) and DD and husband (Emily and Michael) and most importantly my grandson Archer who will be almost 3 and on his first Disney vacation.

Steve

Well, darn the bad luck ... we celebrate our 49th anniversary, Oct. 26, while at Ft. Wilderness and were hoping to do dinner at the HDDR. Booked up for the night, darn it. So, we were able to grab reservations on our arrival day, Oct. 23. Better early than never :love2:

Hey serenitygr,

Are y'all checking out the 23rd or 24th? If the 23rd, I suspect we will arrive about noon on the 23rd. It's been a couple years since the last time we were there the same time as y'all. Perhaps we can get together and have a cold one.

Hey serenitygr,

Are y'all checking out the 23rd or 24th? If the 23rd, I suspect we will arrive about noon on the 23rd. It's been a couple years since the last time we were there the same time as y'all. Perhaps we can get together and have a cold one.
We are checking out on Sunday the 23rd, so unfortunately we’ll just miss you guys! We have to head out early because we’re shooting to get home to northern Minnesota by Tuesday afternoon…. You guys have an awesome time!!

We are checking out on Sunday the 23rd, so unfortunately we’ll just miss you guys! We have to head out early because we’re shooting to get home to northern Minnesota by Tuesday afternoon…. You guys have an awesome time!!
Darn the bad luck again. Well, I look forward to your reports ... Y'all have a GREAT time also and safe travels.

I am so jealous … I promise to read all your camping trips at Fort Wilderness ! Today I saw a blue Jeep with a Fort Wilderness cover on their back spare tire! I wanted to follow them from Celebration Blvd 7-11 gas station to just say :
HI love your Fort W tire cover!

Just reserved a golf cart for 2 days. Still trying to decide whether we want to get Florida Seasonal Passes or just a 4 Day Pass. Decisions - Decisions
Unless you have a pass to renew, or want just the Pixie pass which is only good Mon-Fri, you are out of luck, at least for now. No new passes are being sold, except Pixie pass, at this time.

Unless you have a pass to renew, or want just the Pixie pass which is only good Mon-Fri, you are out of luck, at least for now. No new passes are being sold, except Pixie pass, at this time.
Yes, I'm aware of that. When we held Florida Resident Passes, they were the M-F only passes anyway.

Hello October campers! It’s getting close to our time! Now let’s hope Ian doesn’t decide to hang around too long! Be safe September campers that are still there ❤️🙏🏻

I'm still optimistic Ian won't be as bad as Irma or several others prior. They did upgrade the "tropical storm watch" to a "hurricane watch" to reflect the higher wind speeds anticipated, but given the predicted track, this will likely be Cat 1 force winds. Certainly manageable for WDW and the Fort. As a reminder, Irma was a strong Cat 3 as it rolled directly over WDW.

If anyone was on here 5 years ago, lots of doom and gloom about the Fort never re-opening after that. I was there for the Grand Re-opening and celebration the morning they let us back. It sounds like they are being very proactive to move everyone out and accommodating with safer places to ride this out. Hopefully everything will be back to normal by this weekend.

20170920_080556.jpg20170920_080403.jpg

The RV parade to the 4 loops that were open.

20170920_081620.jpg

j

Last edited:
I'm still optimistic Ian won't be as bad as Irma or several others prior. They did upgrade the "tropical storm watch" to a "hurricane watch" to reflect the higher wind speeds anticipated, but given the predicted track, this will likely be Cat 1 force winds. Certainly manageable for WDW and the Fort. As a reminder, Irma was a strong Cat 3 as it rolled directly over WDW.

If anyone was on here 5 years ago, lots of doom and gloom about the Fort never re-opening after that. I was there for the Grand Re-opening and celebration the morning they let us back. It sounds like they are being very proactive to move everyone out and accommodating with safer places to ride this out. Hopefully everything will be back to normal by this weekend.

View attachment 705735View attachment 705736

The RV parade to the 4 loops that were open.

View attachment 705737

j
I remember so well! We pulled in about ten days later and it was the best feeling ever ❤️

Yay! We arrive late Sunday 10/16 and are staying until 10/24. Fingers crossed for Loop 1800. We are especially excited that our adult children are joining us for 3 nights. They'll be glamping in the family tent behind the camper. I'll post pictures! ::MinnieMo

And this is all a big MAYBE. I am sad for Florida.

Last edited:
We are officially on our way from northern Minnesota! Check in scheduled for Tuesday the 4th. We’ve been following closely and know the Fort is currently closed but we’re hoping they can find a temporary place to put us until it opens. There will be seven of us, and we’re staying until the 23rd so I’m really hoping it will open before that! As a backup we do have reservations at the KOA…

We’ll keep everyone posted!

Have a safe trip down.

One of my staff has reservations in a cabin for the 4th. They were called yesterday and moved to OKW for at least the 4th.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter