October - December AP code active

kristler

SSR, OKW
FYI. Just saw the Fall AP discounts listed on the resort forum. Gave Disney a call and got my October 4th - 16th preferred site changed from $62 a night to $52 a night. Always good to save money. By the way the code is JYF, though I wasn't asked for it, just mentioned AP discount.

I am a little slow with the acronyms. I assume "AP" means annual passholder? This code only is only usable by passholders?

[edit] The JYF code I received came with my Annual Passholder email.

FWIW, I had AAA check for us today to see if we can use this for the first 3 weeks of November. Disney told them that there was no availability and that the campground fills up so quickly that it's rare that AP holders can get the discounted ressies. :confused3

Sounded weird to me. Early Nov. isn't a particularly busy time and what's the point of putting out AP rates if people can't use them. I'm going to try on my own and see if I have any luck (my AAA rep is very nice, but not all that knowledgeable when it comes to FW)

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Received email from Disney for up to 34% off resorts Oct. thru Dec. yesterday. So tried for late Oct. and now am the proud owner of 4 nights, late Oct. at the Fort, $33 a night for partial hookup. There were discounts listed for all grades of sites, but I'm a fan of the 2000 loop.
I am a passholder, but a seasonal one. So all passholders might want to try the WDW site for this offer. :thumbsup2

I am a passholder, but a seasonal one. So all passholders might want to try the WDW site for this offer. :thumbsup2

Good to know, thanks! Also good to know it's not just premium sites (our original ressie is a Preferred)

I'm going to give it a try and see if I get better luck through the website.

ETA: just checked the passholder site and I was able to get the nights I need with the discount :thumbsup2

I have a question about the preferred sites. Are they now calling the 1600-1900 loops preferred or is it just the 100-300 loops.

yep - what Jen said. :thumbsup2

100, 200 & 300 are the only Preferred sites left, with 300 being Preferred Pet.

Here's why I asked, we have a preferred site booked and I won't believe it till I see it. My hunch is they will say that 100-300 is full so we will end up in 1600-1900.

Shouldn't work that way. If you pay for Preferred they should be putting you in 100-300. We've had Preferred ressies the past 2 years and have been in 300.

An update on the Passholder discount situation...

After finding that the Passholder site showed me plenty of availability for the nights I needed, I called my AAA gal back. She placed another call to Disney, got a different, apparently MUCH more knowledgeable CM who put it through no problem!

So we have our 19 nights in November in a Preferred site, and the discount saved us $212! Heck, that's pretty much half the cost of our golf cart rental. :banana:

What apparently happened is that the first person AAA talked to at Disney was trying to put through all 19 nights and the system wouldn't let her, so she concluded there was no availability (and came up with the "FW is always full" excuse).

What needed to happen (for whatever reason) is that it had to go through as 2 linked reservations 14 nights + 5 nights.

ETA: Big THANKS to PPs. It's because of your info that I went back to try again and didn't just give up and take the first answer I got. :)

According to the AP part of the Disney website, the max length for a ressie for this discount is 14 days. All of the sites are included except full. The partial is $33, the pref. is $52 and the prem are $62. We booked a pref. but would have rather had a full. Actually, I wish I had a pop-up then I would be REALLY happy with my rate!

An update on the Passholder discount situation...

So we have our 19 nights in November in a Preferred site, and the discount saved us $212! Heck, that's pretty much half the cost of our golf cart rental. :banana:

ETA: Big THANKS to PPs. It's because of your info that I went back to try again and didn't just give up and take the first answer I got. :)

That's a major :thumbsup2.

I got a full, so yes they are included as well!

Based on the phone call I made two days ago and looking at the Disney website that is not possible.:confused3
When did you book? Did you book it through the website or call the Disney ressie center or did you already have the ressie and call and add the discount after it came out?
What code did you use and what is the rate?

When I made my ressies a few days ago, I had just received the email a few hours earlier. Timing is everything with Disney discounts. When making reservations the list that came up for sites had EVERY site classification shown....Premimum, preferred, full and partial. That having been said, there might have only been a few sites in each category. In fact, the first "offer" was for a full hookup. As I said before, I love the 2000 loop so that's what I requested and was able to get.
There was no code needed, just being a passholder was enough.
I just attempted to make reservations in Nov. via the same offer and there is very little available now.
But in defense of PookaJean, all classification of sites were listed initially with this offer. :banana:

I guess it all depends on who you ask...;)

If there's one complaint that may folks have, that would be it. The lack of valid information differs from one CM to the next. Sometimes I think some CM's make stuff up to amuse either themselves or the guest.:rolleyes1

Reservations are one of the BIGGEST areas of misinformation. I believe this is because many of the folks at central reservations haven't even been to the Fort. 2 years ago when making ressies, the person asked me, "They have camping at WDW?" HELLO......:confused3. Obviously not a Fort Fiend. All they have to go by is what comes up on their screen, so if it's a special code sent out to a few folks or passholders, they may never see it. I'm never comfortable with my ressies until I receive the email comfirmation.

Hope you can land a discount the next time. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter