October 2020 WISH Challenge - A Bunch of Hocus Pocus

Really tired right now and I can see I've missed a few days. Don't even remember what I did this weekend, nothing exciting I am sure! Monday I worked from home. Took twins and neighbor on their bikes to get free lunch at school. Twin2 crashed. Turns out he broke his femur. Life has been a whirlwind since then. Not a lot of sleep last night, but much more than he got! He's got crutches and physical therapy in his future now!

I'm hoping DH and I have a good night's sleep in ours!

Happiness is:
3 things that make me feel happy and inspired:
1. ”lightbulb moments” in my students
2. Christmastime
3. Disney
Thumbs Down:
3 things that make me feel unhappy
1. when my child is hurting
2. when I’m pulled in too many directions at once
3. when I see people being mean to each other

Begone Unhappiness:
How can I remove the unhappy things from my life?
stay organized, and anticipate my family's needs so I don’t get stressed by “emergencies“ that were actually predictable
It Hurts, Favourite belly laugh moment:
DS's funny rants

Gold Stars:
Good deed I did yesterday (too early in the morning to answer for today):
Helped DH when he was stuck on his puzzle game

Grinning from Ear to Ear:
Today I smiled because:
My Cats are lovable and cute in the morning!

Caring is Sharing:
How can I share my happiness with others?
make things for people, send texts to cheer people up

Plan for Happy:
I will make (today - it's only 7:00am) awesome by:
taking advantage of the day off! (I have an eye appointment smack in the middle of the day, so Grandpa is doing school with the twins instead of me.) - I have already completed my mail-in ballot, and I plan to do some sewing this morning and get out in nature this afternoon and enjoy the fall colors.

Happiness is:
3 things that make me feel happy and inspired:
My kids
Beach walks
Planning holidays

Thumbs Down:
3 things that make me feel unhappy
My lack of progress on healthy journey
My type 2 Diabetes diagnosis
How much Covid has changed the world and how live

Begone Unhappiness:
How can I remove the unhappy things from my life
Have realistic expectations for my emotions and actions - try to switch my thought loop

It Hurts, Favourite belly laugh moment:
I am watching Spin City re-runs as I type this and was just having a good giggle at that.
This will sound a little mean but it was more of a laugh with my son and not at him - when asked by his twin sister the other night if he had kissed the girl he has been on some dates with the last couple of weekends he said no - when we asked him why he laughed and said "I have no moves - I don't know how to initiate!" we all had a good laugh. He is 16 and it was just so sweet and totally relatable - we have all been there! This is also part of why they make me so happy - that they do chat with me about this stuff :)

Gold Stars:
Good deed I did today:
Helped an overwhelmed mother feel heard during a meeting at school.

Grinning from Ear to Ear:
Today I smiled because
I was watching Preppies (5 year olds) play at school

Caring is Sharing:
How can I share my happiness with others
Smile, be encouraging, compliment someone on something great I noticed that they did.

Plan for Happy:
I will make tomorrow awesome by
Starting it with a walk, stretches and setting a realistic intention for my school visit.

I am woohooing that DS19 had a good pre-prac visit to meet his prac educator and a tour of the school - he got introduced to the class and thought it was funny the teacher got the class to say "Goodmorning, Mr ##@#$$^&%" in that sing-song way kids do as a whole group lol. He starts in a couple of weeks an I have everything crossed it goes well and he enjoys it :)

I am woohooing twins report cards - everything passed As, Bs and a couple of C's but all good :)

Really tired right now and I can see I've missed a few days. Don't even remember what I did this weekend, nothing exciting I am sure! Monday I worked from home. Took twins and neighbor on their bikes to get free lunch at school. Twin2 crashed. Turns out he broke his femur. Life has been a whirlwind since then. Not a lot of sleep last night, but much more than he got! He's got crutches and physical therapy in his future now!

I'm hoping DH and I have a good night's sleep in ours!
Hope the twin is feeling better soon!

Woohoo... I decided I wanted some new clothing my my vacation, so I've ordered new PJs and a cozy fluffy cardigan for lounging in the hotel room. The new slipper/shoes I ordered earlier arrived yesterday and they fit strangely so they'll need to go back. When I go down to the store to return them I'll look for something else new to wear for vacation.

Woohoo... in two days transitioning to the cleanse I've dropped half of the weight I put back on in September. My blood sugar has dropped back to the almost acceptable range and my blood pressure was normal this morning, despite being off of the stuff I take for over two weeks because everyone was out of stock.

Woohoo... I really wanted to sleep soundly last night, so I pulled my Christmas bed linens out and switched to the down comforter, thinking it would be cozier and it worked, even tho I had to have one foot out because I get too warm under that comforter. I think I'll go all the way and put the red drapes up and and Christmas artwork.

Woohoo... had the first Zoom call for the group doing the cleanse yesterday. It was at 9:30am, so I had to block work time to do it, but was glad I did. I felt like I was in a much better place emotionally and was inspired to try to do more of the cleansing things. There was another gal who said she was from West Seattle, so we are going to be cleanse buddies which is something I was really looking forward to.

Woohoo... I remembered to call and book the Pet Nanny, for when I'll be gone. And I remembered to call the hotel about using the sauna, evidently you don't book time it is first-come-first-served. My plan is to use it after checking in and before dinner, so hopefully Monday afternoon isn't a peak time for saunas. This weekend I'll clean out the car and get it ready for a road trip.

I am woohooing that DD's COVID test was negative. Not that I really thought it wouldn't have been anything different but you just start thinking what if. 2 more days until surgery. I am also woohoo that DD has a very positive attitude about surgery. I do know she is worried, though she says she is not. She hasn't been leaving my side lately. She has even been doing school on the floor next to me or under the table where I am working. She has also been very happy and talkative lately. Another sign of her being nervous.

DS I am happy I am getting him on track with school. The kids is super smart but has no common sense and is scattered brain. Our district is using Blackboard so now every night I am going through all of his classes with him to make sure he has submitted all of his homework. This seems to be helping him as he is getting confuse with the dates. He thought the due date was when they were going to be getting the assignment.

despite being off of the stuff I take for over two weeks because everyone was out of stock.

Yikes! Glad to hear the cleanse is having some results you are hoping for.

I am also woohoo that DD has a very positive attitude about surgery. I do know she is worried, though she says she is not
She sounds like she is doing really good - all of us would have some anxiousness about surgery - but it seems like she is not getting the best of her :)

Wahoo twin2 is home! He doesn't have crutches, they gave him a walker. I guess they also ordered a wheelchair that will be coming to our house soon.

Wahoo grandma said she would come to our house to babysit so we don't have to transport our fella.

Wahoo DH and I slept last night. So very nice.

Wahoo I was down a pound when I weighed on Saturday. Don't know how that happened, but wahoo!

I am thankful for all the support at our school. I was really missing them in my classroom the first few weeks. But they were completing assessments and figuring out a schedule. But now that we have started 5 days live will full classrooms, I have lots of support pushing in which is definitely needed!

I am thankful the first few days have gone better than expected.

I am thankful my husbands has been making & cleaning up dinner since school stared! He’s also been taking & picking up the kids to & from their sports. Normally that was all me. So that has been extremely helpful!!!

I’m thankful my coworkers COVID test was negative.

Thankful it is Thursday.

Thankful we figured out our issue with the first deployment and put in the permanent fix yesterday for the first location. Today we do the second location, which is less complicated and should go really well. Tuesday we do the last deployment, and then clean up the few lingering things.

Then - vacation! I'm even going to add Friday of next week and take a bit more time... I head to the beach Monday morning and come back Wednesday. I think I'll take a day trip to Port Townsend towards the end of the week. I feel like this might be my best opportunity to do a "proper" vacation, if things tighten up again. County numbers have gone back up but have flattened, so hopefully it won't get any worse. I do want to be able to get together for the holidays, even if they are different.

Thankful for all the gifts Twin2 has been getting. Can't stand the clutter at the moment, but it will all get sorted! People have been very thoughtful to get him fun things he can do while stuck sitting for the next several weeks.

Thankful for community.

Thankful for masks and hand sanitizer as his uncle brought his brothers over for a very quick visit. They've been worried and phone calls just weren't cutting it!

Thankful for long, hot showers! Such a lovely way to unwind.

This week has been killer. Lil nugget has learned how to screech and yesterday I about lost my mind. He's not even mad when he does it. Just testing the limits of his vocal chords and my sanity :)

I managed to lose 0.5lb this week. I will take it because this was not my best week! I didn't plan well and just really didn't set myself up for success at all. So I'm creating a new plan for next week. I'm not sure I really had a plan for this week.

My lil nugget was approved for bi-weekly PT for the next 6 months and then we'll continue to re-evaluate for 6 months while we work to get him in tip top shape. He's already made TONS of improvements with the work I've done since he's been home with me. I am hopeful that once we have consistent PT and my MIL sees/hears the requirements then I can transition him to spending more time with her during the week so that I can actually get work done.

Things went smoothly yesterday (knock on wood, since I've said that before). It was still a long and exhausting day, in some ways coordinating things remotely is better, but it would have gone faster if we had been on-site. Today a tiny bit of breather, I hope, while we get ready for the deployment Tuesday.

My cleanse buddy reminded me about the spices we're supposed to be taking, so I went back to the cleanse instructions and realized I'd only gotten half way thru, yes, the little e-book is 44 pages long. Some of the spices are to be taken before bed, so I had really only missed two days. I think they are going to make a difference. I did the dry brushing and more of a self-massage last evening, then took a hot shower to sweat, per instructions. I both slept well and didn't sleep well, I woke up at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep for an hour, so I'm a bit tired this morning but I do feel really clean, like things are starting to move thru my system.

I've only got 2 more of the 8 pounds I gained last month to lose... I'm thinking maybe I'll have a goal to get back to net-zero and then lose 2 more pounds this month. I intend to eat well but healthily while I'm at the beach, don't want to shock my boody too much so I'll stay away from sugar, alcohol, gluten and dairy as much as possible. The hotel restaurant has expanded their menu, so there will be more good things to choose from.

Happy Weekend everyone!

Thankful today for some bonus time with DS! He and his roommate are here for the night (and going to see roommate's parents tomorrow) - taking advantage of MA and ME not being on each other's quarantine lists for the moment. They are having "guy time" with DH watching a movie right now, but I'm looking forward to some extra hugs and to making them a proper dinner tonight.

Hey all,

Friday night ended up with me asleep early again - sorry. Ugh at 4.30pm I booked a table for the kids and I to have dinner out .... at 5.45pm I started feeling off with belly pain and 6.30pm cancelled dinner and crawled into bed with a heatpack to sleep :( Its already my Saturday morning and I am feeling better :) So annoying we have been trying to have a nice night out for a month now ... finding a good night around kids part-time work, homework and everyone feeling good to go is way more of a struggle than it should be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!