October 2020 WISH Challenge - A Bunch of Hocus Pocus

DD and I are giving each other pedicures. We are used to going every 6 weeks to the spa for pedicures, and our feet have been a nightmare since March. We do our best, but I just couldn't bring myself to do her callouses last time. She's going to have to handle that herself. But the rest I can do.

~ Self Care Sunday ~
I’m excited it is a 3 day weekend for me as yesterday didn’t feel very rejuvenating. What are you doing to take care of YOU today?

I am glad for the 3-day weekend as well. I fell behind on a bunch of stuff this week, so the extra day meant I could relax yesterday and still get caught up today and tomorrow.

Sorry for the rant...I'm just losing my patience with people. To quote Buzz Lightyear, "There seems to be no signs of intelligent life anywhere."

Rant is all good - I would rant too if that was happening around me - I feel just awful for all of you trying your very best to keep yourselves and others safe knowing that it is somewhat in vain as we can't control the behaviour of others :hug:

We got this - Slay all those challenges getting in your way today! What is motivating you?

I started the day with a walk and my strength exercises - I really enjoyed it and I knew I had done at one thing right today and anything else was a bonus! I also finished off my outstanding reports and can now focus on slaying this term to get through referrals and end the year in a good place - even if it started a little wonky (ok alot wonky).

We got this - Slay all those challenges getting in your way today! What is motivating you?

I started the day with a walk and my strength exercises - I really enjoyed it and I knew I had done at one thing right today and anything else was a bonus! I also finished off my outstanding reports and can now focus on slaying this term to get through referrals and end the year in a good place - even if it started a little wonky (ok alot wonky).
I love that saying. Great way to start your day!

I'm off today for what used to be called Columbus Day. In my area, it is now referred to as Italian Heritage Day. Either way, I get an extra day off and a 4 day school week. Wednesday is virtual Back to School Night which will mean an extra long day, so I'm very happy to have today off.

Motivation today is that I just finished watching Mulan (loved it!!) and if she can save the emperor, I can get my chores done. 😆

Right now I’m walking the cat, but it’s cold and I’m not staying out long. Then I’m supposed to help DS study for a test. (Thank you FaceTime and being able to print the study guide from Blackboard!) Then I have to clean the bathroom. 😕

My motivation today and this week... late Friday a big issue with the deployment we just did came up. I'm gutted, because I thought we had gotten it right, and I spun over it most of the weekend, but not as badly as I normally do. Then late yesterday I got my bearings and told myself to march forward in to the week and move thru the aftermath with grace, wisdom and strength. It is going to make the week more challenging but it will pass and we'll be better for the experience. And by "we" I basically mean me. So my motivation is to stay in a place of grace and strength and work thru it.

I'm supposed to start the cleanse this week - both the worst and best time to be doing it. I'm having to strip it down to the point where I question whether I am really doing it or not, but at least I've got structure and a plan. Over the weekend, in addition to the lectin based congestion and coughing I started having the stomach issues as well. Something has really shifted in my body and the line of what I can tolerate has dropped, so being on a restricted food plan for a while will be a good thing.

Last edited:

Motivation today is that I just finished watching Mulan (loved it!!) and if she can save the emperor, I can get my chores done. 😆

Right now I’m walking the cat, but it’s cold and I’m not staying out long. Then I’m supposed to help DS study for a test. (Thank you FaceTime and being able to print the study guide from Blackboard!) Then I have to clean the bathroom. 😕
Technology is awesome when it works!

In the middle of cleaning my bathroom right now. I disinfected all surfaces and taking a break before I steam clean the tile.

My motivation is the horrible weekend (eating and exercising) I had. I only got about 1,000 steps yesterday. DD was also not feeling good this weekend. Her stomach hurt. I think she is getting nervous about surgery without realizing that she is. She is much better today though. I am still waiting to her from the COVID department about where and when she will need to have a test. She has to have one before her surgery.

I think my eating horrible is tired to her surgery. I am really nervous. DH can't come so I will be by myself. Also our COVID numbers are on the rise. I predict that our state will have over 2000 cases a day by the end of the week. We had our highest number yet on Friday at 1840. We always dip over the weekend but we were still staying about 1200 or above. So just going with the pattern we will be high by the end of the week. I am just worried sitting in the hospital for so long.

I have a friend that has/had COVID. I am not sure if she tested negative yet. She was in the hospital for awhile and is now back in the hospital with a pulmonary embolism. She is also having a really high resting heart rate, shortness of breath and a cough still. She has a very long road ahead of her to recover. They told her that she will have side affects for a long time to come. She hasn't told her son how sick she is because he is in basic training for the Navy. She doesn't get to talk to him much and she doesn't want to worry him right now since there is nothing he can do.

Hearing how it has affected something that was healthy so close to me is not helping me feel any more at easy with this surgery. I just nee to get through this week.

My motivation is the horrible weekend (eating and exercising) I had. I only got about 1,000 steps yesterday. DD was also not feeling good this weekend. Her stomach hurt. I think she is getting nervous about surgery without realizing that she is. She is much better today though. I am still waiting to her from the COVID department about where and when she will need to have a test. She has to have one before her surgery.

I think my eating horrible is tired to her surgery. I am really nervous. DH can't come so I will be by myself. Also our COVID numbers are on the rise. I predict that our state will have over 2000 cases a day by the end of the week. We had our highest number yet on Friday at 1840. We always dip over the weekend but we were still staying about 1200 or above. So just going with the pattern we will be high by the end of the week. I am just worried sitting in the hospital for so long.

I have a friend that has/had COVID. I am not sure if she tested negative yet. She was in the hospital for awhile and is now back in the hospital with a pulmonary embolism. She is also having a really high resting heart rate, shortness of breath and a cough still. She has a very long road ahead of her to recover. They told her that she will have side affects for a long time to come. She hasn't told her son how sick she is because he is in basic training for the Navy. She doesn't get to talk to him much and she doesn't want to worry him right now since there is nothing he can do.

Hearing how it has affected something that was healthy so close to me is not helping me feel any more at easy with this surgery. I just nee to get through this week.
I'm so sorry for all you are going through. Sending healing prayers for your friend, strength and faith for you and your family. :hug:

I survived another challenging day! Today was the first day with all students live. And I got 4 new students added to my roster as well. So 14 live kindergarten students (which sounds like a great class size...if it weren’t for COVID and social distancing). I had a little trouble sleeping last night because I was worried. But I will say it went better than I thought. But I’m exhausted! And I think I need to purchase some type of belt that will hold a hand sanitizer pump so I always have it with me in between helping students. Although it was great exercise walking back and forth to the hand sanitizer pump by the door all day.

I didn’t eat great over the weekend. But I did men’s plan and prep, so I got back on track today. And I’m doing better on drinking water today.

Today I stayed within my points which is technically a woohoo but I was motivated to be within my points range because last week I had a great week (and a great loss) and didn’t want to undo my progress this week. So I stayed within my points. I plan on working out T-F as well. I worked out on Sunday which I usually don’t do but needed to move my body.

Hi wish peeps.
Hope you are all well.
We are in a "well could be worse" situation here. Unfortunately my dad was diagnosed with cancer during his hospital admission. He is now out at a rehab center and radiation will start soon. Fortunately from what they can see the cancer is currently only in his stomach and the doctors have a positive outlook on radiation possibilities. Now that the immediate danger is past we are in fix forward mode.
If you have a moment thoughts/prayers/good vibes would be greatly appreciated.
I hope to be able to join you all again in November. By then I'll probably need to do some serious work on getting myself back in fighting shape.
I am so sorry to hear this-but glad the doctors are so encouraging. Take care of yourself and will be sending healing thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Amen to the power of self-talk. This post came across my IG feed recently and I saved it because I felt it was written specifically for me:

And I referred back to it over the weekend while I was stressing about work. And it helped. With food and binging I do tend towards all-or-nothing thinking, writing off the entire day/week/month not just an unfortunate meal or snack. If I'm not too far off course I can correct this, but when the sugar-monster is in control not so much.

I'd say I did well yesterday transitioning to (my version) of the cleanse. I did everything on my daily list except for an after work walk. It was so lovely I drove the beach loop instead, but when I got home I did some pruning in the front garden, so I got my contemplative outside time that way. The oatmeal I had in the morning had sugar in it, but other than that I was right on point food wise. And hungry, so I need to figure out how to consume more. I have my congestion and cough this morning but not as much and my tummy seems to have settled some, so good progress in the right direction. I did wake up tired this morning tho, and really wanted to stay in bed longer. It is storming outside and I think listening to the rain contributed to wanting to stay in bed.

Things went very well yesterday, working thru the aftermath of the issue... the week is still going to be super busy tho, so still need to keep my wits about me.

Yesterday ended up not being great for my weight loss. DD and I gave some candy baskets to some friends. They had no clue that we even left them. We just put them at the front door and left. After we got home I ate dinner and watched two episodes of Survivor with DS. Then I had to get back to work again. I missed some time this morning and some time yesterday. Yesterday was because of internet issues. It has been 2 weeks and 3 techs now and it has not been fixed. It just drops and comes back a few seconds to a minute later. It is really annoying. But I ended up working an hour or so at night.

Today has been a bit crazy. DD had her COVID test this morning. I forgot our masks and had to turn back home. We had an appointment time and were about 10ish minutes late. No need really for appointments. No one else was there to get a test. The test was very easy and DD didn't fight it. She has a tendency to fight things like the strep test and shots. I bribed her before we even got there. I will buy her edible cookie dough at the store tonight when we go grocery shopping. She did not fight it or flinch. The swab doesn't go very far in your nose. It better then the flu test. We won't get the results until Thursday. I have also pre-registered her for her surgery. Now we just need to wait until Thursday. Thursday they will can with the time of her surgery. Then Friday is the big day. Work is keeping me super busy with tons of meetings the rest of the week. This will help keep me from being worried too much.

I talked to my mom last night. yesterday was their first day with students in the building. They are hybrid for a few weeks until their middle is finished being built. She told me that her administration told the teachers not to teach to the students that are on line. They have families that have opted to stay fully remote. My mom is not following this. She will teach to everyone. They also got an email saying if students want a drink of water and the teacher does not want them to take their mask off in class that the student is allowed to go in the hallway to get a drink. My mom is not following this. If she did she would have students going in the hall all class. She is telling the students that they can drink water before class and after class. The didn't go good for her yesterday and she spent most of the day disciplining students. She is just ready to be done.

Hello friends,

Sorry for the delay in posting Topic Tuesday - I feel asleep before the time I usually post - I had a headache :(

I think @Oneanne gave us a good idea with her post - It is true our thinking is such a big influence on our emotions and behaviour. Do you tend to thing positively or negatively most of the time? Are you good at turning it around? I recently came across a couple of journals - I bought then and stashed them thinking about using them as Xmas gifts - One is called HAPPY CHAPPY - Here are the prompts from the journal - lets have a go to see if it helps our thinking:

Happiness is:
3 things that make me feel happy and inspired:

Thumbs Down:
3 things that make me feel unhappy

Begone Unhappiness:
How can I remove the unhappy things from my life

It Hurts, Favourite belly laugh moment:

Gold Stars:
Good deed I did today:

Grinning from Ear to Ear:
Today I smiled becuase

Caring is Sharing:
How can I share my happiness with others

Plan for Happy:
I will make tomorrow awesome by

I have to get up and get ready for work now - I have an early meeting - but I will be back later to answer my own questions!

Happiness is:
3 things that make me feel happy and inspired:
1. Babies & toddlers (especially their laughter...and specifically my little nephew)
2. Anything Disney
3. My family

Thumbs Down:
3 things that make me feel unhappy
1. COVID
2. Things being unorganized
3. Not being able to plan things ahead of time

Begone Unhappiness:
How can I remove the unhappy things from my life
1. Be thankful I don’t have COVID
2. Focus on being organized myself and not worry about others
3. Plan short terms things

It Hurts, Favourite belly laugh moment:
When my daughter starts laughing, like REALLY laughing. It spreads through us like crazy! Once my son starts, I’m usually in tears. The best part is that it usually isn’t anything really funny that gets us going.

Gold Stars:
Good deed I did today:
I printed the plans for my grade level partner who is home sick but thankfully COVID test came back negative. I planned a voluntary meeting to plan the hockey banquet.

Grinning from Ear to Ear:
Today I smiled becuase
My sister called to let me know my nephew is getting his first haircut tonight.

Caring is Sharing:
How can I share my happiness with others
Smile, be kind, simple gestures such as letting someone go first, holding the door or just using good manners.

Plan for Happy:
I will make tomorrow awesome by
Getting a good nights sleep and getting to school early to make sure everything is ready for the kids before they get there (videos ready to hit play, blocks counted and in bowls, letter tiles prepped, etc).

Happiness is - 3 things that make me feel happy and inspired:
... autumn, I love the sunlight in the fall when it is so slanted it makes me feel like I am stretching right along with it.
... vacations, to the beach, to Disney, to take a crafting class, it's all good
... kitten cuddles.

Thumbs Down - 3 things that make me feel unhappy
... COVID, and people's response to it
... stress
... too much multitasking

Begone Unhappiness - How can I remove the unhappy things from my life
... make sure I don't get sick.
... find a way to disengage and de-stress
... just stop trying to do so much at once

It Hurts - Favourite belly laugh moment:
... haven't had a side splitting belly laugh lately, but what makes me giggle is when I get up from my work chair it immediately fills with kittens. Guess my behind make it warm.

Gold Stars -Good deed I did today:
... I didn't yell at anyone. It's been a hectic day and the cleanse crabbiness is already kicking in, so I do really want to scream

Grinning from Ear to Ear -Today I smiled because
... there's a storm blowing outside, the clouds have blown away and now the sky is bright. I do love a good wind.

Caring is Sharing - How can I share my happiness with others:
... been texting support to my Sister, who just put together a scarecrow for a community contest.

Plan for Happy -I will make tomorrow awesome by:
... getting a good night's sleep

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter