** OCTOBER 2017 DISNEYLAND CHECK-IN **

dang. WOC only has a show at 9:45 on Oct 11. I think that will be too late for my little ones to stay up. so disappointed.

Hope everyone gets the dates and times that they want :) ... was thinking of the Fantasmic Dinner package ... but of the three nights we are at DL before we head to San Diego for the Halloween on the High Seas Panama Canal Cruise (from San Diego to Galveston, TX), we already have one night at the Blue Bayou for the Halloween Party Dinner and one night at Carthay Circle for World of Color. So will look at a FastPass for Fantasmic! the other night as want to try a restaurant such as Steakhouse 55.

The only time we have seen Fantasmic! was when it debuted at Disneyland back in 1992 when we were on our honeymoon. Have not seen it at WDW any of the times we have been there ... and have not seen either the WOC or the Halloween Frightfully Fun Parade. For those who have seen any or all three, how would you rate the three ... Fantasmic, WOC, Frightfully Fun Parade ?

Last edited:

Just October 7th. My very first trip and my first solo trip! Also quick question- Halloween party is sold out for the 6th...will it stay sold out or have they ever opened it up again?

Just October 7th. My very first trip and my first solo trip! Also quick question- Halloween party is sold out for the 6th...will it stay sold out or have they ever opened it up again?

Website says that tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable so probably unlikely ... I would give them a call though, just in case ... good luck !

Tickets for Disneyland's Mickey's Halloween Party for the following dates are now sold out as per their website ...
  • Friday, October 6th
  • Friday, October 13th
  • Friday, October 20th
  • Friday, October 27th
Only TUESDAY dates in October are still available ... including the 31st ! Good Luck!

We are locals with annual passes, but we have October 6th planned. My son will be turning 2 so we have breakfast at Plazza Inn. Wanted to book the Halloween party but it was sold out by the time my time off for the 6th was approved. It will be our first time doing breakfast there, I'm thinking of doing reservations for dinner somewhere else, as we usually just go to Plazza inn for lunch or dinner, but he is extremely picky..my 10 year old is more open, but still picky.

Oh no! Big Thunder closed for the dates we'll be there at least. That makes me so sad...

Oh no! Big Thunder closed for the dates we'll be there at least. That makes me so sad...

Same for us :( It's my favorite and my kiddos were really looking forward to riding it for the first time too (our last trip it kept going down when we wanted to ride and my youngest wasn't big enough yet).

For those who have seen any or all three, how would you rate the three ... Fantasmic, WOC, Frightfully Fun Parade ?
It's really hard to rate which is better between WOC and F! As I feel they are equally just as great. With that said even though I like the Frightfully Fun Parade I feel that WOC & F! Are on a different level so, I would rate WOC & F! First and the parade second to them.

Same for us :( It's my favorite and my kiddos were really looking forward to riding it for the first time too (our last trip it kept going down when we wanted to ride and my youngest wasn't big enough yet).

We feel the same way. Our last trip "out West" to Disneyland was in October 2014 at almost the exact same dates in October and it was closed then too. My little one isn't so little now and was ready to give it a go, but apparently not to be. I know rides are taken down around the same times each year for refurb, and it's needed, but the exact same time/dates every year? You'd think they would want to vary it a little more than by a week or so each year. I understand it's more "a locals park" and guess that's the reason they don't see a need to vary downtimes much. Problem is, Goofy's sky school, another coaster that's my kids favorite is down at the same time.

I am so not ready for this trip! My life has been chaos this summer. Going through a divorce. I finally realized the other day that I hadn't booked any dining reservations.

Is Fantasmic only playing on the weekends?

I did manage to get our tickets for two parties. I just have to find them.

Anything new that I'm missing or may not know about?

I am so not ready for this trip! My life has been chaos this summer. Going through a divorce. I finally realized the other day that I hadn't booked any dining reservations. nything new that I'm missing or may not know about?

I am so sorry to hear about your summer! I had been wondering where you were on the Halloween thread;) I don't know about F! showings but this year you can get into DCA with your party ticket 3 hours before the party. They are also decorating for Halloween. If I remember correctly you did the happiest haunts tour last year? It looks like they have changed it back to the one previously done. I guess the reviews were bad enough?

We feel the same way. Our last trip "out West" to Disneyland was in October 2014 at almost the exact same dates in October and it was closed then too. My little one isn't so little now and was ready to give it a go, but apparently not to be. I know rides are taken down around the same times each year for refurb, and it's needed, but the exact same time/dates every year? You'd think they would want to vary it a little more than by a week or so each year. I understand it's more "a locals park" and guess that's the reason they don't see a need to vary downtimes much. Problem is, Goofy's sky school, another coaster that's my kids favorite is down at the same time.

I agree! I had a feeling when we picked our Oct dates that one bigger ride would be down - but was hoping it would be Matterhorn. Nothing against it, but it rates below the other mountains on my list ;-) Our last day is the 16th, and I think I saw BTMRR is closed to or through the 19th - so very very slim chance of it finishing early to open while we are still there. Ah well. I'm bummed about Goofy's Sky School too - it's one of maybe two attractions in the parks that I have never done. Guess I'll have to plan for another trip now!

I am so not ready for this trip! My life has been chaos this summer. Going through a divorce. I finally realized the other day that I hadn't booked any dining reservations.

Is Fantasmic only playing on the weekends?

I did manage to get our tickets for two parties. I just have to find them.

Anything new that I'm missing or may not know about?

Prayers for you during this difficult time.

In re: to Fantasmic, it looks like that is the case when you go check out this link ...
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/

It's really hard to rate which is better between WOC and F! As I feel they are equally just as great. With that said even though I like the Frightfully Fun Parade I feel that WOC & F! Are on a different level so, I would rate WOC & F! First and the parade second to them.

Thanks ... all three sound like fun! Having been to WDW a number of times, am so keen on experiencing the new DL ... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter