October 16th, 2022 - 5-Night Halloween on the High Seas Cruise from New York (Bermuda)

Disney Cruise Line Updating Several Health and Safety Measure Beginning April 1st.​

Some onboard products and experiences that were paused due to physical distancing protocols will resume in a phased approach. Protocol updates, among other, include lifting physical distancing across DCL ships and resuming self-service buffets. Face coverings are optional in most places on the ship including Walt Disney Theater. Port Adventures will return to their traditional format where possible.

At this time, the Sail Away Celebration, the Pirate’s Night deck party, and up-close character interactions continue to be paused.

Just yesterday, it was announced on the Disney Parks Blog that as early as April 18, Disney Parks will start reintroducing traditional character greetings at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, as well as aboard Disney Cruise Line. An actual date for the reintroduction on the ships was not provided.

Full Article Link Below:
https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...ealth-and-safety-measure-beginning-april-1st/

Here is a screen shot from a recent Instagram post you can use for your phone’s wallpaper or for a countdown. Beautiful Disney ship with the New York skyline.

138F7343-B46B-4BE0-8314-0AFF77C746A2.jpeg
F4074D1E-406E-4375-A0F5-5C7029A32344.jpeg

Here is another one you can use for your desktop.

589E9F86-610D-4EB1-ABFB-8ACA33EB7560.jpeg

Last edited:
Thought this may be helpful to some. I looked up what ships will be in the Bermuda ports while we are there and found that the Mariner of the Sea will be porting with us. We set to arrive at 8:00am on Oct 18th and they are set to arrive at 3:00pm that day. If you have any plans for the island I would recommend that you do it our first day. Once the Mariners the Seas arrives it is going to get more crowded. I included a photo clip and link below of the schedule.
http://www.marops.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedules/2022 Cruise Ship Schedule.pdfView attachment 655872

This is VERY helpful as the Mariner of the Seas is approx. twice as large as the Magic, and while the Dockyards tourist area has many different attractions, it can get crowded by late-morning. FWIW, over the past 40 years, I have been to Bermuda a dozen times and, well, there's a lot to see beyond the "tip of the fish hook".

The Disney Excursions offer guardrails, but if one wants to explore on one's own and is open to doing the research, I suggest https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/

Taxis, as with many Bermudian services and goods, can be pricey. I have been comfortable on the scooters, but they are not for everyone. There is also a great network of bus and ferry
services which connect to the beaches, Hamilton and even St. George's that are frequent enough and affordable.

The summer 2023 itineraries were just released. Looks like we may possibly get the Disney Dream for the New York 2023 sailings Instead of the Magic. The Dream is scheduled to do the European sailings in 2023 instead of the Magic, they typically sail a transatlantic sailing after to NY to do those sailings. We will see later when they release their fall 2023 itineraries. I am hoping they bring back the Bahamian cruises out of NY with the stop at Port Canaveral with a WDW Day included. :goodvibes

Disney just announced:

First-of-its-kind character meet and greet
Disney Cruise Line guests will be the first to experience an all-new character meet and greet opportunity across the fleet during Halloween on the High Seas sailings. While all of the Disney characters on board will adorn Halloween costumes as part of the festivities, Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck and Clarabelle Cow will debut a never-before-seen look as they dress up as their favorite Halloween sisters, the Sandersons from the movie “Hocus Pocus.”

882E96E0-FAD0-4D39-B883-F4605819EB52.jpeg
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022...g-to-disney-cruise-line-in-an-unexpected-way/

Last edited:
First time Disney Cruiser! Excited to cruise with my family (Wife, Son (3), Mom, Dad, and Uncle)!

Coming from Pittsburgh, PA!

First time Disney Cruiser! Excited to cruise with my family (Wife, Son (3), Mom, Dad, and Uncle)!

Coming from Pittsburgh, PA!

Welcome aboard! Let me know if you would like to join our fish exchange or if you have any other questions I maybe able to help with. :goodvibes

Just added this to the first post. I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the important date to remember in case your family happens to get Covid before our sailing. You can still sail if you get Covid within 90 days before our sailing as long as you follow certain steps.

90 Day Covid Recovery - If you happen to get Covid after July 18th make sure you get an Official Covid test, inform your doctor and when you finally recover have your doctor write a doctors note stating your recovery status from Covid. You can submit this to safe passage to help with your testing and boarding process. Click Here for link to discussions here on the boards about this topic.

From Disney Offical Website:

Guests Recently Recovered from COVID-19:

In some cases, people who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may still test positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus. If Guests have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 within 11 to 90 days of their sail date, they may qualify to be considered as “90-Day-Recovered.” With the appropriate documentation and subsequent approval, Guests considered “90-Day-Recovered” are not required to participate in COVID-19 testing during the Pre-Sail, Embarkation or Debarkation phases of their voyage.

If you have tested positive for COVID-19 within 11 to 90 days of your sail date and would like to be identified as 90-Day-Recovered, please upload to Safe Passage the following:

• A copy of your previous positive COVID-19 test result which is greater than 11 days and less than 90 days from your expected sail date. The test must have been antigen, NAAT, rapid PCR or lab-based PCR. The test result must include your date of birth.
  • A signed letter (on official letterhead that shows the name, address and phone number of a licensed healthcare provider or public health official) stating that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days and are clear for travel.
  • Vaccinated Guests must also upload proof of vaccination in addition to their 90-Day-Recovered documentation.

Bring this documentation with you to the port as well.

This will be our first Disney cruise! Wife (37) and I (40) are so excited!! We have no kids, but are big kids ourselves and can’t freakin wait!
We are also looking into going on the Dream in July, which makes me wonder (no pun intended) if we do book the July cruise, will that make us Silver for October even though we’re already booked? Would they update the info on us automatically or would I have to call them or what?

This will be our first Disney cruise! Wife (37) and I (40) are so excited!! We have no kids, but are big kids ourselves and can’t freakin wait!
We are also looking into going on the Dream in July, which makes me wonder (no pun intended) if we do book the July cruise, will that make us Silver for October even though we’re already booked? Would they update the info on us automatically or would I have to call them or what?

Welcome!

If you sail in July you will be Silver in their system for your October sailing. It dose not matter in what order you book your cruises. Once you get back from your sailing a few days later their system will automatically update your Castaway status. If you like it updated sooner you can call when you return and have them make sure it is updated before the October sailings Silver onboard activities booking day which is July 18th.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can help with.

Welcome!

If you sail in July you will be Silver in their system for your October sailing. It dose not matter in what order you book your cruises. Once you get back from your sailing a few days later their system will automatically update your Castaway status. If you like it updated sooner you can call when you return and have them make sure it is updated before the October sailings Silver onboard activities booking day which is July 18th.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can help with.
Ah cool, thanks for the info! We want to do the Dream July 9th - 14th, so that would work out great for the 18th.

Ah cool, thanks for the info! We want to do the Dream July 9th - 14th, so that would work out great for the 18th.

Just remember if there is anything you really like to book be on at midnight July 17th into the 18th to have the best chance of it still being available.

Ah, good company; Pork roll, hoagies, and wudder ice! We own a home in Mount Holly. Thankful to find the info on the Weehawken ferry, as I wasn't looking forward to parking in NY again, plus the $20+ a day savings there.
Thanks for all the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter