Oct or Dec

lisajl

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone

We went to WDW in Dec '02 and had a great time. It had been 13 years since we had been there.
I have only been at WDW for the holidays and love the decorations.

Well, my DD and I were discussing the 999 haunts ball, MNSSHP and the like. She thinks we might have a good time in Oct.

Has anyone been and what was it like.

We won't be going this year, but are definately planning on it next year.

Thanks..
lisajl

We went the first week of December two years in a row; 2000 and 2001, then we decided to do something different and went Halloween week last year.

While I love the decorations, MVMCP, CP, and Osborne lights etc...we definitely enjoyed our stay this past Halloween week. The weather was perfect, the crowds were low and MNSSHP was a lot of fun! When all was said and done, though, I missed the Christmas season so we're going back this year in December, BUT next year, we're going Halloween week again!

Basically, Christmas season is more magical and October/Halloween was more perfect weather, IMHO. And MNSSHP was pretty fun too!

We like them both so I think we may be switching back and forth for a few years!!

If it was my one and only trip and I HAD to choose, it would be December.

We're trying Halloween week this year to add a little variety. We too have most often gone down the week right after T-day and usually run into Dec. We absolutely love all the decorations and holiday special entertainment going on, but DD really loves to swim. So this year we are hoping for lots of swimming weather in Oct. :) Plus I thought it would be really fun to do Halloween at WDW and to check out MNSSHP.

Gi

Thanks so much for the replies!

My DD will be 18 the next time we go and she wants to take her best friend. Some of the comments I have heard about Oct, have been so positive, I thought I would ask.

I think it will be a definite go for us in two years. Will have to take the boys out of school, but so what?

It sounds like fun!!

Thanks again for your help.
Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter