Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean

I have some exciting news, we just upgraded to a Cat 3:cool1::rotfl2:. So for everyone, Alex's Mom and Jiminy Cricket will be in the same stateroom. As soon as I get the stateroom number I will post it.

The other big news is that Criag and I are leaving Saturday for the DVC Member Cruise:dance3::cheer2:. I still have to get packed and get everything together. If you have never been on a Member Cruise, it is a blast. DVC leaves you gifts in your room every time you leave your room and the are walking around the ship handing out goodies as well. It is so much fun. Everyone on the ship is a DVC member. We are actually eating with friends we made last year. It is like one big family. We are so excited, just a little stress :confused::eek:to get everything done. We also did FE giftsprincess: for this cruise as well so I have a room in my house right now that is full of FE gifts for both cruises. :wizard:

I am going to start packing, I will check in on you guys later tonight!!

Carol

We got our cruise docs today! They came UPS. I was surprised they came direct to us as usually they go to the TA first but not this time.

I'm pretty psyched that they are going to be doing Halloween stuff on-board. We'll already have our costumes from MNSSHP on Thursday so we'll be able to use them on the ship too :thumbsup2 And Lila will love another round of trick-or-treating. I definitely want to go to the adult costume contest - I imagine there will be lots of pirates :rotfl2:

We got our cruise docs today! They came UPS. I was surprised they came direct to us as usually they go to the TA first but not this time.

I'm pretty psyched that they are going to be doing Halloween stuff on-board. We'll already have our costumes from MNSSHP on Thursday so we'll be able to use them on the ship too :thumbsup2 And Lila will love another round of trick-or-treating. I definitely want to go to the adult costume contest - I imagine there will be lots of pirates :rotfl2:

Where did you find this info?

Carol, Congrats on the upgrade:banana:! Maybe a little more magic will fall on Huntsville and we will get upgraded also:wizard:.

Gena

Today is a draining day! My 98 yr old Grandma went to meet the Lord today! I am sure the funeral Monday will be hard but I have prepared myself for a few yrs now.

On to brighter notes.....I am dieing for my cruise docs. I called the TA but she didn't return my call!! Arrggghhh ....ok so what if she thinks I am wanting them to soon....I don't wanna be the last to get them....not a contest I wanna win! So since Lisa said it says something about Halloween on the boat...who's kids will dress up? Luckily I already have ariel and cinderella costumes packed for Neice and Nelia for the princess gathering. Now I have to ask Sydney if she will dress up or if she will save me from packing anymore!! lol I won't be dressing cause I have NO room in my luggage!

Well off to just relax and read....have alot of planning to do tomorrow! TTFN

Congrats to those of you who have gotten upgrades. :) Very cool!

Awesome that some are starting to get their documents. I'm jealous as I want mine! Whaaaaaaaaaaa. :( Hee Hee I'm hoping that Disney sends me my documents soon!!!

Soooo, tell me all about this Halloween stuff please. :) Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Been a busy week already. Work has been busy and I started back in my church's choir tonight. Lilli starts gymnastics tomorrow night and she's so very excited. :) Gonna be a busy rest of the week. This makes the days go by fast. :) This is a very good thing!!!!

Well, not much to report from me for now. Chat atcha all later! Kristi

Corinna - have a blast at your sister's wedding!!!! May she and her new husband be richly blessed for many years! :)

I have some exciting news, we just upgraded to a Cat 3:cool1::rotfl2:. So for everyone, Alex's Mom and Jiminy Cricket will be in the same stateroom. As soon as I get the stateroom number I will post it.

The other big news is that Criag and I are leaving Saturday for the DVC Member Cruise:dance3::cheer2:. I still have to get packed and get everything together. If you have never been on a Member Cruise, it is a blast. DVC leaves you gifts in your room every time you leave your room and the are walking around the ship handing out goodies as well. It is so much fun. Everyone on the ship is a DVC member. We are actually eating with friends we made last year. It is like one big family. We are so excited, just a little stress :confused::eek:to get everything done. We also did FE giftsprincess: for this cruise as well so I have a room in my house right now that is full of FE gifts for both cruises. :wizard:

I am going to start packing, I will check in on you guys later tonight!!

Carol

Congratulations on the upgrade.

Have fun on the member cruise. How great to have two cruises so close together. I have read a lot about the last two member cruises and at some stage we really want to do one as well.

Oh dear, that does not sound too good. Fedex delivers here, UPS does not (gated community, to which UPS has no access). I wonder how much of a problem it will be if I don't get my cruise documents. I have filled out all the forms online, but I still need the luggage tags and the vouchers for the transfers. I was silly enough to give DCL my home address. DVC has my mail box address on file so there was no problem having the DME stuff delivered via UPS last year. I hope that this could still be sorted out at the check in for the DCL transfers at the airport.

Halloween stuff sounds good. Please tell me more.

Today is a draining day! My 98 yr old Grandma went to meet the Lord today! I am sure the funeral Monday will be hard but I have prepared myself for a few yrs now.

On to brighter notes.....I am dieing for my cruise docs. I called the TA but she didn't return my call!! Arrggghhh ....ok so what if she thinks I am wanting them to soon....I don't wanna be the last to get them....not a contest I wanna win! So since Lisa said it says something about Halloween on the boat...who's kids will dress up? Luckily I already have ariel and cinderella costumes packed for Neice and Nelia for the princess gathering. Now I have to ask Sydney if she will dress up or if she will save me from packing anymore!! lol I won't be dressing cause I have NO room in my luggage!

Well off to just relax and read....have alot of planning to do tomorrow! TTFN

Michelle, I am sorry to hear about your loss.

Corinna

Michelle, I'm sorry about your grandma. My grandpa has been in and out of the hospital a lot in the past year or so and yesterday my mom called to tell me he was admitted again. It's never anything huge, but just all points in the same direction, you know? Mom and Dad (he's my paternal grandfather) had just made arrangements to fly to Missouri to see him at the end of the month and now Mom is worried that they jinxed it (for lack of a better way to phrase it). They planned a trip to see my Mom's dad back in '96 and they got a call the morning they were planning to leave that he had passed that night.

OK, now that that's done....on to happier Disney-related stuff! This morning I applied to be on the WDW Mom's Panel! I have my fingers crossed that the cruise won't interfere with the process....

And, we leave 3 weeks from today!!! I am anxiously awaiting my cruise docs and I, too, want to know what all this talk is about Halloween activities. Do I need to pack a costume for DD? I was only planning on packing DS' pirate costume...

Some Disney math for you :teacher:
1 Family + 2 Excited = 3 Weeks!!!!:dance3:

:hug:Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Did she leave near you, or will you have to travel to go to the services?

If my docs don't come soon I just might go crazy! I want to read about the Halloween stuff! I am beyond excited, and now I'm starting to feel a little stress! We are leaving in 2 weeks and 6 days and I still have so much to do! I'm always packing last minute and it always takes me longer than I think it will, so my goal for this trip is to be packed at least 3 days ahead of time. I know that doesn't sound like much, but for me it is! I have a goal for this weekend, I need to find formals for Riley and Ashley. It's just been impossible with Ashley's schedule to find time to go look. :confused3

It's going to be 103 here today! :scared1: Seriously! I'm ready for fall.

Well, off to round two of school drop off. I'll check in later to see who has gotten their docs and to post when I get mine. :rotfl:

Andrea

:eek:Kristi, There really is nothing funny about me not having my documents!:sad2:

OK, if you didn't hear my sarcasim through the computer, it was there. :flower3:

For fellow Castaway Club members, if you haven't been to the website recently, I suggest you go visit it. Effective Oct 3 (yes, our cruise), the onboard "perks" will change to the level system. That means, for those of us who have only cruised 1-4 times, we have been disinvited to the Castaway Club reception.

I don't know why it angered me so much, but I sent them an email letting them know of my disappointment (and I didn't even plan on attending, since I'd heard it was crazy busy). I don't know, but for the past 17 months, I've been told I'll get X, Y and Z as a Castaway Club member. Now, 3 weeks before my trip, I'm told that I no longer get X, just Y and Z. I think they could have handled it a LOT better and I think it's the principal of the matter that bothers me. I told them it made me feel like a second-class citizen, to have been downgraded (rather than just having the other levels be upgraded) and I was very sad that Disney was the one to make me feel that way.:guilty:

Andrea, I want my documents too. Which is why I thought your message was hilarious. You were speaking for me as well. :)

HeatherD - I completely understand. I knew it was coming cause I had been reading alot lately but to have it handled this was was kinda a bummer. But, I'm too dang excited about my trip to allow something like this to get me down. :) I wouldn't have gone to the get together either so I'm not missing much. :) LOL

Chat atcha all later! Kristi

PS: I'm still dying to know what the Halloween stuff is for our cruise. :)

I'm anxious to get my cruise documents. I've been away in Chicago for a long weekend and haven't been lurking the board for a few days. I went there for Oprah's Season Kickoff party and had a wonderful time. Tune into Oprah today and it will be on. You can look for me, I have on a purple shirt. :lmao: Among 20,000 other people!!!

I guess I'll have to dust off the suitcases and start packing. I want to know more about this Halloween stuff!!!! Spill the beans.....:rolleyes:

I GOT MY DOCS TODAY!!!

It was a surprise when my TA called and said they were ready to pick up. My old TA always mailed them, so I wasn't even looking for them. This is a new (lazy) TA, but in this case I was all too happy to do his work for him. :rotfl:
All it says about Halloween is that there will be trick-or-treating, costume contests and fun activities in the Navigators. It also included a brochure to purchase Halloween gifts.
Now it's official! I can get excited for this cruise!
Have a great day everyone.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter