Oct. 15, 2006 (4 nights on the "New" Wonder)

Your teenager is wearing her Cinderella dress?? I'll have to show that to my daughter! She is so picky about her clothing choices!

Yes, I know there is no official "formal" night...my husband defines having to put on a tie as "formal". :rotfl2: Btw...I bought him a golfing Mickey tie...it's adorable! He wore it to see Beauty and the Beast a few weeks ago.

Does anyone else here wish that you got dining rotations before you arrived?? I would love to know which night I'd be eating were...what if the first night is Triton's and our bags don't arrive in time? I don't want to be stressed about that! :worried:

I read today (here on the DIS of course!) that there is a planned launch on October 19th...as we are heading back to Florida! My people would *love to see that. :cool1: It's an unmanned rocket to Mars.

Priorityonecb said:
Your teenager is wearing her Cinderella dress?? I'll have to show that to my daughter! She is so picky about her clothing choices!

Yes, I know there is no official "formal" night...my husband defines having to put on a tie as "formal". :rotfl2: Btw...I bought him a golfing Mickey tie...it's adorable! He wore it to see Beauty and the Beast a few weeks ago.

Does anyone else here wish that you got dining rotations before you arrived?? I would love to know which night I'd be eating were...what if the first night is Triton's and our bags don't arrive in time? I don't want to be stressed about that! :worried:

Yes DD is getting custom Cinderella, Snow White and I think Wendy dresses. She got the tiara for christmas and I'm going to get her the glass slippers for her birthday. We are definitly a family that believes in having fun at Disney. :yay: :banana: And my DH has the tie thing as well... I'll have to look for a Disney tie for DH! I'd love to have dining rotations before but alas I'd say plan for the worst and then go for it. That being said since you are late dining I don't think that you'd have to go to dinner in a swimsuit. :rotfl2: We were early dining last time as well and had our luggage in plenty of time and yes... we had Tritons first night.

::::whew:::: What a relief to know I won't be showing up to dinner in my swimsuit and pool shoes! :rotfl:

I was thinking of packing a suitcase soley for the cruise portion. Is that what you typically do? I do plan to do laundry <gasp...laundry on vacation!!> towards the end of our WDW portion.

MJ5MOUSE said:
Hi Priorityonecb,

And I am guessing it is Tammy, Thanks for the welcome. My DD is 17 but I know she is really looking forward to a private teens only beach. She may want to do the excursion. I would love to do a Palo Brunch since I hear Palo is a can't miss item but I don't want to miss the other dinning experiances either and I don't want to exclude my DD from my dinner options.

I dont think there is a formal night on the 4 night cruise but my DD already has a princess dress she is planning to wear. As for me I figure it is abt. 36 weeks away I am hoping to be 36 lbs. lighter by then :rotfl2: otherwise I'd be packing already. :thumbsup2
well maybe the palo thing wouldnt be a problem with my age if you had waited 18 days to do this cruise. maybe the cruise will be delayed again at least like 15 days then i will be able to go to palo and be able to do the teen thing. i dont think that would work. ooo well sorry mom you will just have to miss out. :confused3

Hello Fellow Cruisers!

Just wanted to say hello. I am traveling with my sister and neice who have already been posting! (See previous post!)
It is funny how a cruise can change your perspective. Now, every month on the 15th I do a little happy dance that we are one month closer! :banana:
The 15th of the month never used to be so exciting. Now it has its own special magic (oops, I mean WONDER) :wizard:

Sue88

Sue88 said:
Hello Fellow Cruisers!

Just wanted to say hello. I am traveling with my sister and neice who have already been posting! (See previous post!)
It is funny how a cruise can change your perspective. Now, every month on the 15th I do a little happy dance that we are one month closer! :banana:
The 15th of the month never used to be so exciting. Now it has its own special magic (oops, I mean WONDER) :wizard:

Sue88

Welcome Sue! :welcome:

That is funny about Wonder-dance on the 15th! Thanks for pointing that out... I definitly look forward to the passing months though... it keeps getting closer!!!!

I see you are in Kansas.... which part? We are in the northeastern part of the state.

:wave2:

Thanks for the festive welcome!!
Hey! It sounds like we are neighbors! I am in the North East too.

Sue88

Must be a busy weekend for everyone. Well weather turned cold again here... boy am I looking forward to warm weather!!! It's been one of those weeks here and I'm now trying to get caught up on school work (taking two classes right now... as you can see I'm working REALLY hard :rotfl2: )

Tammy thanks for the information on the launch. We have actually been talking about visiting the space center but we were talking before the cruise...may change it to after depending on what launch times they come up with. Here is a link to the NASA schedule. They do not have times up yet for that launch.

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/highlights/schedule.html

Does anyone else enjoy decorating their door for the cruise? I was wondering if anyone had any creative ideas. :confused3

Also, are you bringing pirate clothes? pirate:

Sue88

Sue88 said:
Does anyone else enjoy decorating their door for the cruise? I was wondering if anyone had any creative ideas. :confused3

Also, are you bringing pirate clothes? pirate:

Sue88

Yes we are planning to decorate the door. :banana: :banana: but have not confirmed any creative ideas yet.... :lmao:

My mother is making pirate outfits for us! Can't wait... ARgh! pirate: We even purchased a parrot that sits on your shoulder.

landmark said:
ARgh! pirate: We even purchased a parrot that sits on your shoulder.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I can't wait to see that one. My DD has been hounding me about what to wear each night. Seems she wants everynight to be a theme night! :clown:

MJ5MOUSE said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I can't wait to see that one. My DD has been hounding me about what to wear each night. Seems she wants everynight to be a theme night! :clown:
It was that ONE night and i was making a surprise. fine no more talking about the cruise!!!

I don't blame you MJ5MOUSEdd17! It is good to have a plan! :thumbsup2
Also, knowing what you want to wear cuts down on overpacking! (which I plan to do :rotfl: :rotfl: )

It WOULD be great to have some pirate outfits specially made! I have a shirt that will work great but I am wanting to accessorize. Every good pirate should display some treasure!

Sue88 pixiedust:

I can't wait to sail away! :sail:

We are boring...we are going with tropical that night I believe! Or...we will be the family holding down our male traveling companion and trying to force him to wear a pirate patch! pirate: Either way...good times! :rotfl:

Priorityonecb said:
We are boring...we are going with tropical that night I believe! Or...we will be the family holding down our male traveling companion and trying to force him to wear a pirate patch! pirate: Either way...good times! :rotfl:

Nothing boring about tropical! I wish it was a bit more tropical here in Kansas :sunny: But, alas, it is quite cold.

Has anyone seen the DCL fireworks before? How long do they last?

SUE88 :goofy:

Sue88 said:
Has anyone seen the DCL fireworks before? How long do they last?
SUE88 :goofy:

We saw them last March on our 3 night. I don't remember how long they lasted but they didn't seem to be very long. Boy that was helpful! Glad I answered huh! :lmao: They were definitly different... it seems like you are so much closer than when you say are watching Wishes in the MK. We are definitly planning on watching them again.

Hi all, I've been looking for this post! :bride: :groom: My fiance and I will be taking our honeymoon on this cruise (as well as a few days before at Disney) Was starting to wonder if we'd picked a bad time! We're definitely dressing up for Pirate night and will probably use the same costumes that we'll wear at MNSSHP to save on packing. We haven't decided yet whether to try Palo or not. I think I'm more excited about the honeymoon than the darn wedding. :woohoo:

Welcome to the thread SparKelly. :hippie:
We wont expect to see much of you on the cruise :love:
Are you staying at one of the Disney Resorts before the cruise?
sending you pixiedust: for a beautiful wedding.

Thanks! :) We are staying at one of the resorts before the cruise, we just haven't decided which one yet! We've only been to Pop Century before and thought it was great but would really like to try someplace new. It will be our second cruise, but our first Disney cruise. We're both sooo excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter