Oct. 12, 2013 - WONDERful cruise from Galveston

This is what DCL sent me.

Saturday Galveston. Sunday Day at Sea. Monday Key West
Tuesday Disney's Castaway Cay. Wednesday Nassau. Thursday Day at Sea
Friday Day at Sea Saturday Galveston

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We are looking at booking this cruise too.Just did our first cruise during Columbus day this year on the Magic.Love the new itinerary,there would be at least 9 of us going on this cruise.

I am so excited to find this meet. We have not booked yet....just waiting for DH to get his vacation approved and then we will be official!!! :yay: This is the first ever cruise for our family and it will be myself, DH and DD (6 at cruise time) princess:. Is it horrible that I may already be slightly obsessed. I have been researching cruising, the FE and everything I possibly can! So excited! Tips from you vets would be much appreciated! Let the fun begin!

Hello! We just booked this cruise and would love to be apart of this group and the FE! Never gone on a DC before, very excited! We have me, my husband, and three boys ages 8, 7, and 8 months at time of the cruise! Excited!! :)

Love that pixie dust and desert girl, welcome to the group. I'm sure we would all love to help you with planning and answering any questions. This will be my families 3rd DCL cruise. All aboard the Wonder. As we get closer to the date. I will start the FE lists. I love the FE activity. It is so much fun coming back to the stateroom and finding little gifts.

Welcome aboard and happy new year. We are only 9 months away!!!

Thinking about the cruise today. Dinner at Palo tonight sounds very good. Too bad I can't go.

We have our cruise booked. There will be 10 of us. Me:littleangel:(DW), DH, DD, DSIL, DGD princess: (10), DGD princess:(8), DS, DDIL, DGS pirate:(8), and DGD princess:(6).

This is our first cruise so we are super excited!!! party:Any advice and tips you can give I would appreciate.

See you soon!

Someone explain to me about the Fish Extender exchange. My daughter and I have been reading some about it, but some of what we have read is confusing.

From what I have read we need some small gifts to exchange, and then something to hang outside the door to collect what people exchange with us? Is that correct? How do we know how many things to make? What kinds of things should we get?

Thanks

:mickeyjum

Our family went to WDW this past July. My family accuses me that I am never going to get off the Disney High. I told them, why should I. It will be great to be around other people who get as excited about Disney as I do.

I also have been reading, but I think hearing from veteran cruise people would be the most beneficial.

In advance, thanks for the tips and advice.

I'm looking forward to meeting you!!

We are also excited about going to Castaway Cay. That is one of the reasons that we chose this cruise.

Has anyone been there before? Any suggestions on the excursions? Should we book them as soon as possible or do we have time?

I'll probably need those two days at sea on the way back to try to get some rest. I think I'm going to be pretty busy on our port stops.

Can't wait to meet all of you!!!

:yay:

My family has done 2 Disney cruises, but have never been to CC. We are looking forward to going there. As far as, fish extenders (FE). We love to do it. On this thread, we will organize the FE. Depending on the amount of rooms wanting to be included, it may be one or more groups. I think having more than 10 rooms is a problem. 8 rooms seem to work well.
This is how it works. This thread will organize rooms. It will include the family's name, number of people, their genders, and ages (for kids) and their stateroom number.
Prior to leaving: you will--- 1. need to make or buy a FE for your door. 2. Create gifts for the staterooms.
On the cruise: you will---- 1. We will have a meet and greet the 1st day. 2. Exchange stateroom changes. 3. Deliver your gifts and place them in the FE. 4. Find fun and exciting treasures in your FE.

Your gifts can be for individual family members, for the entire family, or just the kids. You can leave small toys, candy, things that represent your home, things that represent places we are traveling to, christmas ornaments, or creative things you can make.

You can count me and the rest of my family in. That will be 3 staterooms that will includ 6 adults and 4 children. Don't know if you need that information yet.

I am so excited!!

I am sad to say that we are switching cruises! You guys seem like a fun group and I hope you all have a wonderful cruise! Had to make some adjustments in our schedule...so we will be doing a different ship (still Disney, of course)! Maybe see you all on another ship, another time (I hope :):wave2:

Hi! I will be joining the group, I booked today. It will be myself, my Mom and my son. This is our first Disney cruise but not our first cruise. I admit I am not a big Disney fan by any means, but thought this would be a fun experience for my kiddo. Looking forward to learning how all this works, no clue what a FE is.

CallmeC welcome aboard. It's Ok if your not a big Disney fan. You can do a lot of Disney on the ship or not. It is up to you. I have been on several cruises and I hesitate to take my children on any except Disney. It is a great experience for them.

The FE is like a Santa clause activity. You buy or make a hanging pouch that you put on the decorative fish just outside your stateroom door. Then all the guests that are participating in the activity leave gifts in the pouches throughout the sailing. You come back to the room and have little surprises waiting for you. You also deliver little gifts to the other staterooms in your group. It's a great way to get to know people and see the entire ship. My family has played twice. I love it, and can't Imagine doing a Disney cruise without it.

We are booked! This will be our first cruise ever and our kids first Disney experience too. We are definitely interested in doing the FE. It will be me "AP7", DH "Chiefy", DS6 "BoyChild", and DD4 "Chicky".

We were thinking about DL instead of DCL, but this will be cheaper since we won't have to fly. We live in the Dallas area, so a drive down Galveston is something we do once a year anyway. The only thing I'm a little bummed about is that I haven't seen any kind of Star Wars presence mentioned on the cruise. I know DL and WDW both have Star Wars attractions that BoyChild would have adored. Chicky is definitely into the princess/mermaid/fairy scene.

From reading the previous posts, it looks like I'm among some fellow OCD planners! Glad to know I'm not alone in my obsessing. I can't wait till May for my crafting weekend retreat because that's when I'm going to be making my FE and all of the other fun stuff for the cruise. :D

Can't wait to meet you all!

Just got off the Magic today (our first DCL cruise, but we have cruised Carnival and Royal a lot), and booked this sailing on the Wonder :cool1::cool1:. Obviously, DCL has converted us :lmao::lmao:!!! We are in for the FE exchange! It was one of the highlights of my boys' cruise! We had a group of 29 rooms :scared1:. It was actually A LOT of fun with a group that big. Our FE was ALWAYS full!! It did take a little while to deliver to all the rooms, though!! We are Me (Katie) DH (Andrew) and our two boys ages 6 and 8. Looking forward to chatting with you guys over the next few months :goodvibes. --Katie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter