Obsession...I mean, planning is coming along...need to find a hotel in Vancouver still

scrapperkimmydee

Mouseketeer
Trying to keep costs down. Need a hotel for the night before the cruise.

Looking on hotel.com (where I always book through) but it doesn't say which places offer shuttles to the port.

Any chance anyone has a list of hotels that offer that?

Staying in downtown Vancouver means everything is close to Canada Place.

Cabs in Vancouver are relatively cheap and drives are short. I wouldn't waste my time getting a hotel with a shuttle. I would stay in downtown and take a taxi.

Pan Pacific is directly AT the port.

There are TWO Fairmonts right across from the port. There's another Fairmont a few blocks up. There's a Hyatt Regency (with a faboo club level) an easy downhill 10 minute walk from the port.

We liked that Hyatt. We love Sutton Place and their attached condo units Le Grand Residence at Sutton Place. If you like a smaller hotel, Listel Hotel is an art boutique hotel on Robson that's quite nice.

There are so many really decent hotels in downtown Vancouver!!! And all are a short, fairly cheap, cab ride away.

Don't waste time with a shuttle to the port.

Found it. $169/night. Not so cheap

Nothing is cheap in Vancouver in the summer aka cruise season. :)

Looking at your sig and working with the dates, are you up there May 12? FYI U2 plays that night in Vancouver. No wonder the hotels are up there. (sobbing at the jerks who bought up all the tickets and are scalping them ON ticketmaster's site...AUGH)

OK... from another post... I see you are on the May 22nd sailing.... OMG.... that's the Canadian long weekend!!! Hotel prices will be peaking.... from your other post... do you need two nights pre-cruise? Are still ferry from the island on the 20th?

There are dozens of hotels for under $100/night. I'll see which ones are downtown, but for now, I gotta get some sleep tonight.

Since it seems easy enough to get a taxi, I'll just pick the most interesting one and grab a cab.

Thanks a bunch. So excited!!

Looking Booking.com in USD for May 21st. This will give you an idea of the nightly rate with availability....
  • $74 YWCA
  • $125 Best Western Plus Sands
  • $162 Days Inn » 3 blocks from the cruise terminal.... check reviews for potential issues
  • $171 Residence Inn by Marriott
  • $174 Blue Horizon » a forum fav for value travelers
As you want rooms in Vancouver on a long weekend... I recommend making a decision in the next few days to lock in the rates and availability.
  • If you want something cheaper than the Days Inn rate.... research the YWCA.
  • If you want something with lots of restaurant choices... research the Blue Horizon for a little more than the Days Inn.
  • my fav airport hotel in the suburbs is $152 (Raddison Vancouver Airport) with a $4 subway ride to the cruise terminal
  • with the money you are saving.... you can afford the $10 cab from a downtown hotel to the cruise terminal. The Vancouver downtown is very compact.

I stayed at the Blue Horizon and LOVED it. Super nice staff, the room was great, and it was walkable to restaurants. And from the port for me - but I live in NYC and am used to walking all the time.

I reserved The Georgian Court for our stay in July. Anyone stayed there previously?

Once you are close or at $200, I would just go pan pacific. We stayed there for 210$ I think?

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Robson Street, its not right at the port but there is a free breakfast and free shuttle to the port the morning of the cruise, was very popular, lots of cruisers stayed there the night before.

Looking Booking.com in USD for May 21st. This will give you an idea of the nightly rate with availability....
  • $74 YWCA
  • $125 Best Western Plus Sands
  • $162 Days Inn » 3 blocks from the cruise terminal.... check reviews for potential issues
  • $171 Residence Inn by Marriott
  • $174 Blue Horizon » a forum fav for value travelers
As you want rooms in Vancouver on a long weekend... I recommend making a decision in the next few days to lock in the rates and availability.
  • If you want something cheaper than the Days Inn rate.... research the YWCA.
  • If you want something with lots of restaurant choices... research the Blue Horizon for a little more than the Days Inn.
  • my fav airport hotel in the suburbs is $152 (Raddison Vancouver Airport) with a $4 subway ride to the cruise terminal
  • with the money you are saving.... you can afford the $10 cab from a downtown hotel to the cruise terminal. The Vancouver downtown is very compact.
After spending the last month looking at WDW and Universal hotel prices these hotel prices look fantastic.

I reserved The Georgian Court for our stay in July. Anyone stayed there previously?
I am from BC and have stayed at the georgian court lots of times. It is pretty popular because it is walking distance to 2 major venues for sports/concerts. I have enjoyed all my stays there. If there is a concert during your stay you might encounter some noise in the hallways as people return to their rooms. It is walking distance to a skytrain station and there is a starbucks right by it, as well as lots of other restaurants.

I would stay in Richmond. Most of the Hotels offer a airport shuttle and they will be significantly less expensive. Then take the Canada Line (Subway). The last stop is Canada Place Cruise Terminal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter