Obamas New Logo

Please explain your basis for this accusation. And please leave the seal out of it for now, if that's what you're referring to. If you have other information I'd like to hear it. Those of us who haven't made a decision in this race need information not jokes and sarcastic comments about what you perceive as arrogance.

Nearly all of the statements in this thread (other than directly about the seal) are things I have thought about certain candidates for the last several months. Could there be a natural tendency in all of us to see arrogance in those we've already decided to dislike?

errrm... to lightly take me to task and sincerely ask for advice in the same breath is quite a feat. Bravo! I'll assume your sincerity in the matter.

Google "Rezko" for a starter on Obama's ethical problems (which could slide into criminality, but that's for DAs to decide)

As for tendency to see arrogance in those we've decided to dislike... not me, lady. I am the sort of person who gives folks the benefit of the doubt. I believe in possibilities, not dead-ends. But I can smell a fraud. I know when somebody is trying to pull the wool over my eyes for the sake of political expediency or self-aggrandizement. I'm too old and I've been jerked around too many times in too many settings not to know it when I see it coming.

errrm... to lightly take me to task and sincerely ask for advice in the same breath is quite a feat. Bravo! I'll assume your sincerity in the matter.

Google "Rezko" for a starter on Obama's ethical problems (which could slide into criminality, but that's for DAs to decide)

As for tendency to see arrogance in those we've decided to dislike... not me, lady. I am the sort of person who gives folks the benefit of the doubt. I believe in possibilities, not dead-ends. But I can smell a fraud. I know when somebody is trying to pull the wool over my eyes for the sake of political expediency or self-aggrandizement. I'm too old and I've been jerked around too many times in too many settings not to know it when I see it coming.

Wow Zip, well said.

This is about the ignorance of Bush. It's about the arrogance of Obama.

The race is between McCain and Obama not between Bush and Obama. I don't like Bush but it's time to put that dead horse to bed. He can't do diddily anyway-he's a lame duck. Obama better start coming up with some new ideas if he wants to win. The McCain= Bush won't fly. Many Republicans can't stand McCain because he voted with the Democrats too much.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: Funny, funny!!!! For the first 5 years of nit wit bush, his supporters kept bringing up Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, to justify every nit wit thing he did. I was just in the Caribbean on vacation and it was surprising at the number of people that can't wait for dubya to retire.

I also wonder why so many of the Hillary supporters on this thread trashing Obama did not use that energy to open their wallets to support her unnecessary extension of the primary driving herself into $22 million in debt. What happened to the old saying: Put your money where you mouth is!

NO to a bush III term!

Thank you.
I guess now we just have to decide if this association is more detrimental than the McCains with the Keating 5 and mysteriously unprosecuted drug theft.

Sorry, but the Rezko "issue" is over and done with, although I'm sure you are praying every night it will become something again. It won't. And should we delve into McCain's past?

As for smooth -talk, arrogance and playing dirty....well, let's talk again when this is all over.

If you can prove to me at the end of this election that McCain never had dirty dealings, doesn't try to win people over with his speeches, doesn't say things he doesn't mean just to get a vote, doesn't flip-flop, doesn't try to be charismatic, doesn't act like a "politician", well, then I'll give you a $1.:) You can put it towards the big Obama tax increase you are all frightened of. I'll even forget the past, just base this on what McCain does during this election. I mean, these are a lot of your complaints about Obama, correct?

It seems some want to have the attitude that if anyone says something negative about their candidate, then they feel the need to counter. That's fine. Everyone should feel free to express their opinions, and I don't get why some seem to take it almost as if it's a personal attack against them. It's the American way to discuss and debate without sugar coating it in order not to offend those with delicate sensibilities. Stay the hell off the political threads if it's going to shake you up that much.:thumbsup2

It seems some want to have the attitude that if anyone says something negative about their candidate, then they feel the need to counter. That's fine. Everyone should feel free to express their opinions, and I don't get why some seem to take it almost as if it's a personal attack against them. It's the American way to discuss and debate without sugar coating it in order not to offend those with delicate sensibilities. Stay the hell off the political threads if it's going to shake you up that much.:thumbsup2

Are you referring to my post??:confused3 I'm in no way personally offended, as I can assure you, I'm not Obama!:rotfl:

Hmmm, I thought I was discussing and debating.

Bring it on!:banana: ;)

:rotfl2: :rotfl: Funny, funny!!!! For the first 5 years of nit wit bush, his supporters kept bringing up Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, to justify every nit wit thing he did. I was just in the Caribbean on vacation and it was surprising at the number of people that can't wait for dubya to retire.

I also wonder why so many of the Hillary supporters on this thread trashing Obama did not use that energy to open their wallets to support her unnecessary extension of the primary driving herself into $22 million in debt. What happened to the old saying: Put your money where you mouth is!

NO to a bush III term!
I hope that you're not including all of HS in this. I'm not trashing Obama even though Hillary was trashed like crazy day in and day out. And how do you know all of the HS here did not open their wallets?

I do join the people you mentioned in being eager to see GW Bush retire though. :thumbsup2

Are you referring to my post??:confused3 I'm in no way personally offended, as I can assure you, I'm not Obama!:rotfl:

If I was, then I would have quoted you.;) Actually I'm not getting the angry vibe from you, but it is obvious that some are feeling rather frustrated by opposing viewpoints. Passion is a good thing, but a message board is hardly the place for rising blood pressure in my opinion. :teeth:

If I was, then I would have quoted you.;) Actually I'm not getting the angry vibe from you, but it is obvious that some are feeling rather frustrated by opposing viewpoints. Passion is a good thing, but a message board is hardly the place for rising blood pressure in my opinion. :teeth:

I just thought because you posted right after mine. My bad!

The only thing making my blood pressure rise right now is the salt I've POURED over my fries!:rotfl:

Well, apparently threads that are just meant to bash one candidate are sacrosanct and if you should try to point out that the other candidate has their issues too, or try to defend the candidate that is being bashed, then there is something terrible wrong with you. Get it?

Personally, I think some people just don't like hearing that their candidate is a nasty, flip-flopping old man who is married to a woman born with everything this world had to offer but still had to steal another's woman's husband and then steal drugs from her charity to be happy...:rolleyes1

I hope that you're not including all of HS in this. I'm not trashing Obama even though Hillary was trashed like crazy day in and day out. And how do you know all of the HS here did not open their wallets?

I do join the people you mentioned in being eager to see GW Bush retire though. :thumbsup2

No, I was not referring to you, Planogirl. I have read your posts on many of the political threads and know where you stand.:goodvibes

Actually, I expect the conservatives to bring up the tabloid and fluff issues to beat back Obama. So, I was just referring to the small percentage of Hillary supporters who have decided that cutting off their nose, so to speak, is better than supporting the Democratic Party for victory in November leading to among other things pro-choice judges and expanded healthcare.

The thing is, that even if we don't like Obama, it doesn't mean we like McCain... sure some are cut and dry... but NOT everyone. And I'm sick of narrow minded liberals assuming that I am a Republican because I dislike Obama (and Clinton).

The thing is, that even if we don't like Obama, it doesn't mean we like McCain... sure some are cut and dry... but NOT everyone. And I'm sick of narrow minded liberals assuming that I am a Republican because I dislike Obama (and Clinton).

And just because we like Obama doesn't mean we are obsessed with him, in love with him, worship him, think he can do no wrong etc. The narrow mindness is not limited to liberals you know...

I've worked in political marketing and I was SHOCKED to see that logo got through the campaign heads. It is very arrogant and elitist, both of which he is already being criticized for. Why would he throw that in the faces of his critiques? I don't see it lasting long.

And just because we like Obama doesn't mean we are obsessed with him, in love with him, worship him, think he can do no wrong etc. The narrow mindness is not limited to liberals you know...

:thumbsup2

I've worked in political marketing and I was SHOCKED to see that logo got through the campaign heads. It is very arrogant and elitist, both of which he is already being criticized for. Why would he throw that in the faces of his critiques? I don't see it lasting long.

Realistically, do you know how many people won't make the connection at all? Most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter