O/T but can anyone tell me what airlines from LA to Oahu

albianne

Mouseketeer
Sorry this is off topic but we are kicking around the idea of flying to Oahu from DL. I have tried Aloha airlines (says there is a sale of 159.00 but when you get priced it is 600.00 per ticket?) so I thought I would check other airlines as well but don't know what airlines do this route, any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Most of the major airlines fly to Oahu out of LAX. Northwest, Delta, American, Continental, and ATA (American Trans Air). I think ATA usually has the best fares. Oh and I believe Hawaiian Air also flys out of LAX.

Go to travelocity.com and put in a general search with no dates for the 2 cities...it will bring up all the airlines and their best prices!

Hawaiian Air's Email alert system is great, we got R/T last summer for a little less than $400. Our dates we could go were the main problem. If we were more flexible they had rates for $79 each way.
ETA: We rented a beach house on the North Shore and it was so nice. My family is too big for one hotel room and I did not want to pay for two rooms when we could get a house for the same or less $$$. We had an empty beach to ourselves most of the time.

We are flying free from Vancouver, B.C. to LA on Alaska Air points; and then hopping on a flight from LA to Kauai for 383.60 RT per person on Hawaiian Airlines. What a deal! (Normally, it would cost us close to $900 per person to fly from Vancouver to Kauai). I think it costs about the same to fly to Oahu from LA, unless you catch a seat sale.

Also a great excuse to stop by Anaheim on the way home and visit DL :flower:

We've found that unless you're very flexible on dates, Aloha and Hawaiian tend to be more expensive. We've always found best fares on Travelocity or Orbitz, and it was usually with United or ATA. Hawaiian and Aloha still serve a meal inflight, most of the other airlines seem to have done away with this perk.
Travel tip: Tinkerbelle gave good advice, the North Shore of Oahu is one of the prettiest parts of the island. Be aware though, that during the winter months (Nov. - March) you can't swim at most beaches on that side of the island. The surf during that time can be very high and dangerous for people that aren't experienced swimmers. If you are going during the summer months the beaches are perfect. We usually go every weekend when we can, my children love the surf out there.
Have fun! :cool1:

Thanks for all the advice everybody, our favorite place to stay is in Punaluu on the windward side of Oahu, we have always found the local people to be very friendly and like you say you almost have the beach to yourself. Last time a local fellow took my son (17 at the time) spear fishing with him and he absolutely loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter