NYE early dinner at PH in DTD

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
I had one of those WDTC $15 package vouchers to use before 2009, so last minute was it for me! :laughing:
I called yesterday to make sure I could use it 12/31/08. Found out I could and they also do not accept same day reservations. (Good to know.)
I also noticed on the coupon voucher it read something like priority seating was until 6 pm.
We arrived early for dinner as I was expecting a large crowd in DTD -- despite there not being fireworks or much celebrating of any kind in DTD.
I was wrong on that count. The parking lot we were in by PH was easily half empty.
And PH was a immediate sit down time for anyone. They were busy. But there were available tables. I think the only time people had somewhat of a seating issue was with larger groups. Since it was just DH and I, we had no seating issues.
We have dined at PH in the past. Usually about once a year. No particular reason we do or do not. We have enjoyed our past meals. It is normally crowded and loud in there. But we know that going in.
This time we were seated on the second floor. Our first time there and we both liked it MUCH better than the ground floor.
I think from here on I will request the top or middle floors. And probably would eat there more often by doing so.
It did not seem near as crowded, cramped or loud. We could actually have a conversation without yelling across a table, or getting our elbows jostled.
However this time, unlike the others, the food was just okay. :confused3
I ordered the crab cakes. DH ordered the LA lasagna. He has had their lasagna before and liked it. And it was not like he did not like it. He just said it was not as good as it had been in the past.
I almost sent my crab cakes back. They were room temperature on the outside. Had our server been there, I would have. I did split a crab cake and it was warm inside. So I kept it.
I had always wanted to try their lasagna, and DH almost ordered the crab cakes. So I gave him a crab cake, and he gave me a lasagna roll.
We both had the same opinion of the crab cake. It was okay. Guessing it was not a fresh crab cake. For "okay" it was not worth the asking price. Very glad I had used the $15 voucher on my meal. I think it was $21.99.
One reason I ordered the crab cake dinner was it came with vegetables. Many of the other dishes I was looking at, to get a veggie I would have had to order a $5 side salad. I was not that hungry, and for $5 it better be a good side salad. We both thought that was steep in $.
The lasagna roll was warmer than my crab cakes. But it cooled off so fast it made me wonder if it had been microwaved. :confused3
To me it too was "okay". Nothing bad, nothing worth mentioning. Had better. Had worse.
DH was asked if he wanted breadsticks. He said yes, but of course those were an extra $3. (DH said he felt nickled and dimed in there.)
Rather sadly, the breadsticks were the better part of either of our meals.
Our server was very good. That made the meal better.
So this time we had better atmosphere, we had a good server. The food was just not quite there.
However considering it was NYE I was very happy just to find a place that did not have a waiting line or was crazy crowded.
We will return again to PH. Not a big hurry though. For the cost, there are better places to dine.

I remember once when we had the voucher too.......we all ordered the burgers and fries and salad pkg and it was huge.......one person could of easily cut that in half and be the equal of a regular burger at any other place......I will definitely try it again some day.....thanks for the info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter