NYC hotel recommendations?

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn on 51st and 8th many times. It is a quick, safe walk to Times Sq. It has a very nice breakfast off the lobby....free to guests. It's my favorite spot to stay in.

That's the hotel I stay at too. It's safe and close to everything. Hampton Inn Times Square North is it's name.

That's the hotel I stay at too. It's safe and close to everything. Hampton Inn Times Square North is it's name.

i almost made reservations there, then at the last second (actually right after i made the reservation there) i noticed a similar level hotel immediately across from the theater we're going to.
directly across the street....
and given how much i hate walking late at night after the show's over, this will be a very nice change of pace.

the rate was a bit higher than the hampton, but it's brand new, so i guess it will be a little bit cleaner...i can always cancel and switch...

i almost made reservations there, then at the last second (actually right after i made the reservation there) i noticed a similar level hotel immediately across from the theater we're going to.
directly across the street....
and given how much i hate walking late at night after the show's over, this will be a very nice change of pace.

the rate was a bit higher than the hampton, but it's brand new, so i guess it will be a little bit cleaner...i can always cancel and switch...

Not walking late at night is always a good thing. :)

Which hotel is it? You never know ... I might be in the market for a new place some day. LOL (I haven't been to NYC in 2 years and I miss it so much!)

Not walking late at night is always a good thing. :)

Which hotel is it? You never know ... I might be in the market for a new place some day. LOL (I haven't been to NYC in 2 years and I miss it so much!)

it's called The Pearl Hotel. it's a small boutique hotel right across the street from the Book of Mormon.

the Hampton is ranked#21 on Trip Advisor and The Pearl is ranked #33, so i guess that's pretty close:
here's the link on trip advisor
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...s-The_Pearl_Hotel-New_York_City_New_York.html

And here's the hotel website:
http://www.pearlhotelnyc.com/

if i didn't want to be right near the theater, i probably would have gone with The Library hotel....that one looks very interesting...
i'm not a fan of the times square area, but we've done that late night after theater walk across to the east side before (because it's impossible to get a taxi)....i really don't like doing that....

in any case, we're only going to be in new york for a day and a half (two nights), so being close to the theater is the most important thing..
the only reason we decided to stop off this time (on the way home from orlando) was to see the Book of Mormon...
we don't have time to 'do' new york.....a shame really, because DSIL has never been to NYC.....in fact he's never been to the US, so the whole trip is a very big deal for him....just getting a visa to the US was exciting for him - he didn't even mind the major pain in the derrière the US embassy can be... :eek:

If you're going to be in town for such a short time, just don't sleep at all. :rotfl: There's plenty to do at 4am.:cheer2:

If you're going to be in town for such a short time, just don't sleep at all. :rotfl: There's plenty to do at 4am.:cheer2:

:goodvibes
maybe we'll do that!! as it is we'll be up at the crack of dawn and we'll go go go...
if we get into new york on time, i'll get us another set of tickets for something on monday night...i know most places are dark, but there's a few things...
the moment we get in, i'll call up to see what's available...
it will be between phantom, rent, avenue Q and wicked..

:goodvibes
maybe we'll do that!! as it is we'll be up at the crack of dawn and we'll go go go...
if we get into new york on time, i'll get us another set of tickets for something on monday night...i know most places are dark, but there's a few things...
the moment we get in, i'll call up to see what's available...
it will be between phantom, rent, avenue Q and wicked..

Here's a list of the B'way shows that play on Monday night. This is the schedule for New World Stages, where Avenue Q is and where Rent will be when they open.

Here's a list of the B'way shows that play on Monday night. This is the schedule for New World Stages, where Avenue Q is and where Rent will be when they open.

thanks! i know that phantom's on monday....all 3 times we've seen it have been on mondays - what can i say, we like phantom, though the last time we saw it, we didn't like the voices of the phantom and christine....pretty much destroys it if their voices are bad....
Avenue Q is usually on monday too, and i think rent as well..
unfortunately, Wicked is dark on monday....so that's out...
if we get a late flight on wednesday we can catch a matinee (what can i say, i like my showtunes)

too bad the met is dark in the summer....i haven't been to an opera at the met since we lived there....i'd love DD to see an opera there...(i managed to brainwash her into loving opera too :goodvibes )

Marriott East Side across from the Waldorf. The rooms are small but clean and you can walk safely in this area.

Marriott East Side across from the Waldorf. The rooms are small but clean and you can walk safely in this area.

thanks! we've made reservations at the pearl - right across the street from where the book of mormon is playing :)
it's a new little boutique hotel...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter