NYC Embarking question

mickeyway

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what time passengers must be on board for the cruises out of NYC?

The information is on your confirmation letter. It says everyone must be onboard before 4pm. boarding probably will begin at 12 or 1pm

OH thanks. I have not booked yet trying to arrange a cruise and work around DD work schedule. Her last day is August 17 and a cruise leaves from NYC the same day. I don't think we could make a 4pm deadline. We live about about 1 1/2 hours away and she gets out around 1pm. :sad1:

Does anyone know what time passengers must be on board for the cruises out of NYC?

Well...hard to say since none of the NY sailings happened yet. Normally, with other cruise ships out of NYC they board around 1:00-2:00....will Disney follow that or follow their PC boarding time start of of 11:30-11:45 am. I doubt they are using all their own staff for check-in so things may be slow going the first few cruises. Out of PC they usually set sail by 5:00 with the all aboard by 3:30 so we can speculate it will be the same....don't know if the port has any say in what time they need to leave. If they need to sail by 4:00 then the all aboard will be earlier. Of course this is just guessing.

MJ

Well...hard to say since none of the NY sailings happened yet. Normally, with other cruise ships out of NYC they board around 1:00-2:00....will Disney follow that or follow their PC boarding time start of of 11:30-11:45 am. I doubt they are using all their own staff for check-in so things may be slow going the first few cruises. Out of PC they usually set sail by 5:00 with the all aboard by 3:30 so we can speculate it will be the same....don't know if the port has any say in what time they need to leave. If they need to sail by 4:00 then the all aboard will be earlier. Of course this is just guessing.

MJ

On our confirmation letter for the sailing out of NY this summer it says all aboard is 4pm. I too have taken cruises out of NY and boarding time usually begins at 1pm

I didn't even look at my confirmation for all aboard time!!!LOL!! I am on one of the 2 night cruises out of NYC.

MJ

I am planning on making some cabin door signs and maybe a tshirt or two. Has anyone seen anything for cruising out of NYC?

Linda

Can anyone tell me how long it would take from the airport (LGA) to get to the port? Thanks!

Can anyone tell me how long it would take from the airport (LGA) to get to the port? Thanks!

Distance wise approx 8 miles but traffic could make a 30 minute trip into 90 minutes. The airport is in Queens which is at the opposite side of Manhattan island from where the pier is. Going crosstown is always a gamble.

Some links that might help. You can get mapquest directions right at the New York terminal site:

http://www.nycruise.com/directions.html

http://gonyc.about.com/cs/airlinesairports/a/getto_lga.htm

http://www.nycruise.com/dirNYC.html#

MJ

If you didn't have any traffic at all and you came in over the RFK Bridge and cut across to the West Side Highway and went down to the port, it would take about 30 minutes. That would happen on a weekend before early afternoon. Otherwise, depending on time of day and day of week, it could take a lot longer.

If you didn't have any traffic at all and you came in over the RFK Bridge and cut across to the West Side Highway and went down to the port, it would take about 30 minutes. That would happen on a weekend before early afternoon. Otherwise, depending on time of day and day of week, it could take a lot longer.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter