Now that California is fully reopened and we can go to Disneyland without masks or distancing...

Not necessarily. Many retailers had signs put up by the property company (like in large strip malls). We went to Target and Game Stop yesterday and they still had signs up because the property owner hadn't gotten around to taking the signs down yet. I specifically asked at Target if we needed to wear masks and they said no, and I pointed out the sign said otherwise and they actually didn't realize the sign was still up! The girl said "I'll let management know to take down the sign."

Same deal at Game Stop. They had added another sign next to the "masks required" sign that said masks were optional for vaccinated customers. The guy there said they were not allowed to remove signs placed there by the property owner, and had to wait for them to take it down.

So, just because there is a sign, that doesn't mean the business is following it.
But you're kinda saying the same thing though at least to me. If the property owner put up the sign and hasn't take it down yet (either by forgetting or by design) then what Christa says still follow of respecting the sign until such time that the sign is removed. That's really no different than other instances where the owner of a building has xyz and its expected to be followed. As for whether the business follows it or not that would be something the business deals with the property owner and isn't related to the patron respecting the sign placed.

It kinda goes all over. I mean if you're a franchised location a company may give you the rights to do what you want, then again they may say you need to follow our rules. A strip mall where a business pays rent to have their business there may be given the leeway to do what they want or they may not be. A salon where the stylist may rent the space from the owner may have to abide by the rules of the place. But I think the point still stands if it's up to respect it, but I also think it's not a problem to do what you did at Target about asking.

Where? Besides transportation (airports, buses, trains) and medical offices. Where else is still requiring masks?
[/QUOTE]
Under the law every individual employer has the right to require masks still. My employer does, but that policy will be reviewed again on July 12th. And under law, if you aren't vaccinated you still have to wear a mask. https://hacklerflynnlaw.com/force-employees-to-wear-a-mask/

But you're kinda saying the same thing though at least to me. If the property owner put up the sign and hasn't take it down yet (either by forgetting or by design) then what Christa says still follow of respecting the sign until such time that the sign is removed. That's really no different than other instances where the owner of a building has xyz and its expected to be followed. As for whether the business follows it or not that would be something the business deals with the property owner and isn't related to the patron respecting the sign placed.

It kinda goes all over. I mean if you're a franchised location a company may give you the rights to do what you want, then again they may say you need to follow our rules. A strip mall where a business pays rent to have their business there may be given the leeway to do what they want or they may not be. A salon where the stylist may rent the space from the owner may have to abide by the rules of the place. But I think the point still stands if it's up to respect it, but I also think it's not a problem to do what you did at Target about asking.

Our city is weird. One large company literally owns every shopping center, apartment complex, and most of the business parks as well. It's kind of a monopoly. The signs up all over were placed in every businesses windows by said company. It will take them a long time to take them all down or replace the wording on them.

Today, we went to CVS. CVS had placed their OWN sign saying that masks were required, so we wore masks. Walgreens, on the other hand, has an overhead announcement that masks are optional for vaccinated customers, except where local laws say otherwise. Our city, on Tuesday, aligned their guidance to match the state/CDC. Our city had been one of the first in the county to establish a mask mandate (last April 1). That is when those signs went up all over town. The property company has made a statement on FB/IG that masks will no longer be required in any stores pursuant to city guidelines. So, it's not an issue of the property company still requiring masks. It's literally just that they haven't yet taken down all those signs. There are probably a thousand or more of them to remove. It's a big city.

I know the characters are currently distanced, but do the adjacent cast members help the kids by passing their autograph books back and forth to the characters?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter