Now it's solo+1... when to do DHS?

leebee

DIS Veteran
DD28 has decided to join me on my solo trip 8/18-8/23, so that changes all my plans. We are staying at ASMo with 3 day PH tickets, not planning on using Genie+. Day 1, a Friday, is our MK day. It's a MNSSHP day, but we'll take advantage of hopefully lower crowds to get things done without Genie+, which means early entry. We'll hop to Epcot for touring, supper at F&W, then maybe DisneySprings. We'll repeat this plan, or similar, on Monday with AK being our park, hopping to Epcot.

I can't decide what to do about Hollywood Studios on Sunday. We were thinking of starting the day at Epcot so DD could ride Remy, graze around a bit, then hop to DHS at 2pm. No interest in riding RoR, DD did it last year and hated it, it hit all her "high anxiety" buttons. She is a ToT/RnRC girl, and we'll want to see Beauty and the Beast, MMRR, TSMM, hoping for SDD. Also MFSR... she's never been on that one! SO... Start the day at Epcot and hop to DHS, or start at the Studios and hop to Epcot? I guess also... if I cave and buy one day of Genie+, would you do this for MK or DHS?

Last edited:
I'm also looking for a really decent map for the Studios, especially the new Star Wars area, if anyone has a link to this. I do NOT like the park maps that Disney produces; they seem unrealistic to me, things never seem to actually be where the park map indicates!

Last edited:
Rope drop HS. Specifically TOT then RnR. If you are at the front of the top drop crowd, you can get those done by the end of early entry. Then MMRR, Toy Story, single ride MFSR, and bite the bullet and stand in line for Slinky. You may get that done with Beauty and Beast by 2pm. Then you can head to Epcot and have the rest of the day to wait in line for Remy and eat. Note that food booths don’t open until 11am, so even if you use early entry to rope drop Remy, you’ll be done by 9:30 at the latest and will waste an hour and a half waiting for booths.

I'm also looking for a really decent map for the Studios, especially the new Star Wars area, if anyone has a link to this. I do NOT like the park maps that Disney produces; they seem unrealistic to me, things never seem to actually be where the park map indicates!
The map on the website has everything exactly where it is. Well, except for Tron, they haven't added any of it yet. They have at least depicted that the path is gone from Barnstormer to Tomorrowland Light and Power
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/maps/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter