Now I understand why people don't love the Wish

Yeah, it's all just a big conspiracy. They put shuffle board and seating and all kinds of other stuff out there because they don't want you to use any of it.
There are not as many deck chairs per unit space out there compared to the Wonder or Magic, either.

Where are all these dead ends everyone is talking about? I never once walked into one, but admittedly, I didn't just walk around exploring--I'd look in the app where I was going and head there by the most direct route (e.g., if I was going to somewhere aft, I'd walk to the aft stairs/elevator, go the applicable floor and head to the correct side of the ship -- starboard or port before looking for the place I was going). I think I went to every single venue on the ship and never once hit a dead end.
Aside from the previously mentioned dead end between Cove Cafe and pool deck on the side, we were out on the promenade at night between CC and Canaveral and tried to go out to the bow of the ship. II understand why that would be closed off while the ship is in motion, but if you don't go up those stairs to level six/bow, the walkway dead ends at a "crew only" door.
Another thing that occurs to me after reading through this thread - the claustrophobic feel of the Wish. One of my favorite moments on our five-night Magic cruise in January of 2020 was sitting in the pub/lounge with my wife and adult daughter by a porthole watching the sea go by and enjoying an adult beverage. Other than the bars on the pool deck, the lounges are inside and windowless. Other than the back wall of Arrendelle, the restaurants are windowless. I feel like the ship would feel bigger and more open if some of the venues had more windows.

We sailed on the Wish last week. It’s a beautiful ship. Service was fine, but very detached. I won’t go into detail about all the negatives and positives because it’s already been discussed ad nauseam on these boards. I think for me it was mostly the layout and the inward feel of everything.

I’ve sailed other cruise lines besides Disney. It wasn’t just that it was different or unfamiliar…..the whole layout just really made no sense to me.

The Mexican and BBQ was great. The laundry was awesome. It will be interesting to see if they improve the next ship or it will be just another carbon copy.

I've never been on a cruise ship, but I have a question:

Why would there even be dead ends on a ship? It doesn't make sense to me. Just wondering.

I've never been on a cruise ship, but I have a question:

Why would there even be dead ends on a ship? It doesn't make sense to me. Just wondering.
There usually isn’t. Like I said I don’t understand what the purpose is? You would have to ask the people that designed the ship.

Yeah, it's all just a big conspiracy. They put shuffle board and seating and all kinds of other stuff out there because they don't want you to use any of it.
I saw very few people out there. I would not have known it existed if I hadn’t seen it from the gym. The previous poster was making a joke by the way... did you not get that.

Again, this is simply false. Most of the bars and lounges have windows.
The Bayou, Hyperspace Lounge, Keg and Compass, Luna, Triton's Lounge - I was in all of these and in none of them can you see outside the ship. What's left... Nightingales? The concierge lounge? The only one with an ocean view that I can think of is the Cove bar (pool deck) and The Rose, which is little more than a waiting area for Enchante.

The Bayou, Hyperspace Lounge, Keg and Compass, Luna, Triton's Lounge - I was in all of these and in none of them can you see outside the ship. What's left... Nightingales? The concierge lounge? The only one with an ocean view that I can think of is the Cove bar (pool deck) and The Rose, which is little more than a waiting area for Enchante.
Keg and Compass does have portholes but yes, ultimately the Wish attempts to keep guests from the ocean. We generally like sitting on the jogging deck on the loungers supplied but the Wish also provides few of these and they are generally placed in front of vents. Not pleasant. The Wish feels like a ship designed by people who never designed a ship before (the lead had never been on a cruise ship before). There are lovely areas but as a whole its inconsistent, illogical, and not cohesive. I don't hate it, I will probably only sail her again if she features are unique itinerary.

Keg and Compass does have portholes but yes, ultimately the Wish attempts to keep guests from the ocean. We generally like sitting on the jogging deck on the loungers supplied but the Wish also provides few of these and they are generally placed in front of vents. Not pleasant. The Wish feels like a ship designed by people who never designed a ship before (the lead had never been on a cruise ship before). There are lovely areas but as a whole its inconsistent, illogical, and not cohesive. I don't hate it, I will probably only sail her again if she features are unique itinerary.
I guess it's just me, but I spent a little over an hour sitting at the bar in Keg and Compass last Saturday nursing a beer, and I never noticed the porthole windows. It was during the day as well. Are there shades on those windows maybe?

The Bayou doesn't have windows of its own, but you can clearly see the portholes from the lounge. It's not that far removed from outside. Keg & Compass and Triton's have windows. Hyperspace Lounge obviously doesn't, but that's for thematic reasons. Cove Cafe, Nightingale's, and The Rose all have obvious windows.

We really enjoyed cocktails hour in the rose which had many comfortable seating areas and a full bar with a large and varied menu. Not sure why you think it is “little more than a waiting area.” And the sea views are STUNNING, especially from the chairs that face the windows directly.
1675376308056.jpeg

As for the others, we definitely saw the windows.

Keg and Compass:

1675376413089.jpeg

Tritons:

1675376457698.jpeg

Nightingales:

1675376039032.jpeg

Attachments

• 1675376214834.jpeg
    1675376214834.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 9
On the other ships especially the classics you can the ocean from just about everywhere due to the large port hole windows. My favorite thing to do the Magic and Wonder is sit in those padded portholes windows. They are great when the weather is bad. My favorite place to enjoy a drink on the other ships is the promenade lounge with the live music. I really couldn’t find a place I liked on the Wish.

Windows or no windows the consensus seems to be most people felt more closed in. It seems to be what they had intended to make you feel like you are in a castle not on a ship. Why it’s become an argument is beyond me. You either like it or you don’t.

We really enjoyed cocktails hour in the rose which had many comfortable seating areas and a full bar with a large and varied menu. Not sure why you think it is “little more than a waiting area.” And the sea views are STUNNING, especially from the chairs that face the windows directly.
View attachment 737007

As for the others, we definitely saw the windows.

Keg and Compass:

View attachment 737008

Tritons:

View attachment 737010

Nightingales:

View attachment 737005
Tritons and Nightingales look so tiny! Rose looks by far and away the best of those

Rose is beautiful but when we were there it was as hot as an oven. In fact, the temperature everywhere on the ship was just really warm. I'm usually always carting my sweater around with me and often run cold, but I was warm nearly everywhere. Some placed uncomfortably so and Rose was the worst of them all.

I will say, I forgot to mention in my report that I'm in agreement with the other poster about how smooth and quiet the ship was when thrusting and at speed. No vibration, no rattling or shaking. It was really nice.

Shops. Way to much space given up for high end. I guess they paid a premium but barely saw anyone in them. If I was about to drop 10K+ on a watch, it wouldn’t be on a ship. General merchandise was fair but the long, thin layout was cramped.

Would I do another cruise on Wish? Yes.
Do I plan on doing another cruise?
No. As the 3/4 PC/Nassau/CC cruises don’t appeal to me. 7-10 nights is the sweet spot so unless there is a change, I’ll wait until the Treasure.
I agree, there is no way I would pay 10K for a watch on a ship. But I did pay 9K for a real nice Breitling on the Dream this past December. :goodvibes It really was a good price and I am a watch snob and what you would call a watch aficionado.

I do agree with you on the 3/4 day cruises to the Bahamas. I have no interest in those itineraries regardless of the ship or if it's the new shiny toy in the fleet. 7-10 days is for me as well. We just felt even the 5 nights on the Dream in December was just too short. I'm looking forward to our 10 night cruise with RSSC in 36 days and then our next cruise on the Fantasy in April 2024.

View attachment 737007
Holy cow, The Rose looks gorgeous! I've been hearing a lot of great things about it, but from this picture I think I could spend nearly my whole cruise here looking out those windows!

Holy cow, The Rose looks gorgeous! I've been hearing a lot of great things about it, but from this picture I think I could spend nearly my whole cruise here looking out those windows!
Assuming they can get the temperature under control. It was a sauna when we were in there waiting for our Palo reservation.

Inside cabins are MUCH smaller than the other ships, especially the classics.
Here's a table that I just made, using data from the DCL website. I looked at cruises on the Wonder, Dream, and Wish. Bold entries are the largest cabins of a type, italic entries are the smallest. A --- means that the category isn't offered.

MAGIC CLASSDREAM CLASSTRITON CLASS
INSIDE184169169
DELUXE INSIDE214204---
OCEANVIEW214204218
FAMILY OCEANVIEW---241237
VERANDAH268246243
FAMILY VERANDAH304299284

So, almost no changes from the Dream class except that the family verandah lost another 15 square feet and the ocean view gained 14 square feet. The deluxe inside rooms were eliminated. The standard inside rooms on the Wish are exactly the same size as the standard inside rooms on the Dream class ships.

If you want to complain about lost size, then you should be complaining about the Dream class. Every category of rooms there is smaller than on the Magic class ships. The Wish just kept things mostly the same.

Here's a table that I just made, using data from the DCL website. I looked at cruises on the Wonder, Dream, and Wish. Bold entries are the largest cabins of a type, italic entries are the smallest. A --- means that the category isn't offered.

MAGIC CLASSDREAM CLASSTRITON CLASS
INSIDE184169169
DELUXE INSIDE214204---
OCEANVIEW214204218
FAMILY OCEANVIEW---241237
VERANDAH268246243
FAMILY VERANDAH304299284

So, almost no changes from the Dream class except that the family verandah lost another 15 square feet and the ocean view gained 14 square feet. The deluxe inside rooms were eliminated. The standard inside rooms on the Wish are exactly the same size as the standard inside rooms on the Dream class ships.

If you want to complain about lost size, then you should be complaining about the Dream class. Every category of rooms there is smaller than on the Magic class ships. The Wish just kept things mostly the same.
Our inside room on the Wish seemed much smaller. I think it was because there was only 1 closet with hanging space for about 7 hangars.1702C8E4-38A3-4DDA-ADAA-CB9C0D2D0C25.jpeg446BE0BB-3B85-47EB-8D6E-7B94414D7A7D.jpegBBBC13F7-7D91-43C6-A0D7-CB8B3DE9BC50.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter