November Wish Trip

Winchester24

Mouseketeer
My sister and her family are planning a Wish Trip with their 3 kids the last week of November. They wanted to go to the Christmas party but according to the Disney website that is the one week they are not doing it. Anyone know the reason why? Any other Christmas related (or not) events they might want to check out? Their oldest is 15 and is handicapped (uses a wheelchair) and the other 2 boys are 9 & 7. Thanks!

When exactly are they going? There are no Christmas parties between 11/20-24 because of the Thanksgiving break - there will be enough people in the parks as it is, and they have to close MK at 6pm on party nights. There is a Christmas Party on 11/19 and again on 11/25 and dates after that.

I see MVMCP tickets available for Sun. 11/25, Tues. 11/27, Thurs. 11/29 and Fri. 11/30. Or do you mean Thanksgiving week, which is the 3rd week of November? Did they request the party tickets as part of the Wish? Sometimes the Wish organization can include those if it's specifically part of the child's wish.

I hope they have a magical vacation!

I see MVMCP tickets available for Sun. 11/25, Tues. 11/27, Thurs. 11/29 and Fri. 11/30. Or do you mean Thanksgiving week, which is the 3rd week of November? Did they request the party tickets as part of the Wish? Sometimes the Wish organization can include those if it's specifically part of the child's wish.

I hope they have a magical vacation!
Yes they are going Thanksgiving week. That's a bummer, I know they were offered tickets to Universal, maybe they can head over there to some of their Xmas events. I don't think they do ticketed events like WDW but I know they decorate. Is there anything else going on that week that you know of that they could/should check out? I feel awful, so far their experience with Make a Wish hasn't been smooth sailing. There has been a lot of miscommunication between volunteers & employees, and promises made that can't be kept. It's all coming from a good place, but unfortunately seems to be adding to their stress. It is probably an isolated incident but they are considering cancelling the trip.

There are Christmas events and activities in EP and DHS - Candlelight Processional, Festival of the Holidays, Holiday Storytellers (in EP), Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, Flurry of Fun (at DHS). Would Make a Wish pay for them to go to one of the dessert parties? Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, Illuminations and Happily Ever After all have special dessert parties - maybe they could do that instead of the Christmas party?

I've never heard of Make a Wish paying for these parties. I have heard of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique being included if they child's wish was to become a princess. Are they staying at Give Kids the World? I'm only asking because it seems they are traveling during a busy season and sometimes when that happens there is no more room at the village and the family ends up staying on property. That being said you will have plenty to do on the MAW trip. You are given tickets to Disney World, (I think 3 day hoppers)Universal, and SeaWorld. The family will also want to spend time at the village because there is so much to see and do there. The village also has a Christmas Party and Halloween Party. I hope they enjoy their trip.

I've never heard of Make a Wish paying for these parties. I have heard of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique being included if they child's wish was to become a princess. Are they staying at Give Kids the World? I'm only asking because it seems they are traveling during a busy season and sometimes when that happens there is no more room at the village and the family ends up staying on property. That being said you will have plenty to do on the MAW trip. You are given tickets to Disney World, (I think 3 day hoppers)Universal, and SeaWorld. The family will also want to spend time at the village because there is so much to see and do there. The village also has a Christmas Party and Halloween Party. I hope they enjoy their trip.
MAW used to be 3 days at Disney with hoppers, 2 days at Universal with hoppers and 1 day at Sea World plus all the activities at the Village including their Christmas and Halloween parties. meals are included and from what I have been told even if not at village you can still come to the activities if part of MAW

My sister and her family are planning a Wish Trip with their 3 kids the last week of November. They wanted to go to the Christmas party but according to the Disney website that is the one week they are not doing it. Anyone know the reason why? Any other Christmas related (or not) events they might want to check out? Their oldest is 15 and is handicapped (uses a wheelchair) and the other 2 boys are 9 & 7. Thanks!
are they staying at Give Kids The World village? if so make sure they check the schedule of activities there. years ago Thursdays all year were the Christmas party. also one more thing make sure they have a lot of extra room for bringing stuff home. they will need it. not sure if village still have the horse back rides but even the one in wheelchair will be able to do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter