November to Remember: W.I.S.H November 2022

Ha ha, love the graphic as I did next to nothing yesterday so have a long list of things for today. Self-care started yesterday when I finally remembered to stop in at the Optometrist and have them straighten out my glasses. I can see properly now! Right now I’m getting breakfast at the beach then it’s a few chores before I go get my pedicure. Then back home to finish including putting up the tree and the rest of the outdoor lights.

Busy busy day today. Church in the morning then we put up the tree and finished decorating the inside of the house. I can't shake this exhausted feeling though, it's like no matter how long I sleep I am dragging by 4. Bleach
The polar express was fun last night. DS7 actually spoke to Santa and danced with the other kids which was HUGE for him. DD got shy around Santa but loved hearing the story and looking out the window of the train. The music was a bit loud for her but she calmed down by like the third song.
I have to do my one late night shift a year next weekend so DH and I will take stock of what I've purchased so far and start wrapping...I think I am about 75% done with the exception of my secret Santa. I tend to order as the kids ask for things since they generally only ask for a couple things each.

I'm actually feeling pretty motivated. DH is back to work after two weeks off, so I have the whole house to spread out the decorating in. The sun is out and the temp is mild, so providing all the bulbs work, putting up lights should be pleasant.

Of course, none of this has to do with health and fitness, but hey, motivation spills over, right?

Good Morning! I was off of work all last week and did not get on the dis. I had plans to get lots of cleaning done on Monday and Tuesday while DH was working and the kids were in school. None of that got done. We had a great Thanksgiving seeing lots of family. I didn't over eat and I only had one slice of a gluten free chocolate pie. (my mom has celiac's and can't have gluten) This pie was the best. I did get our tree up and decorated and most of my shopping done. For the kids I just need to get stuff for their stockings. Then I need to get a few gifts for family members but I am almost done with that too.

I hope everyone has a great Monday morning!

Happy Monday everyone! Super short work week for me... tee hee. Household things did get done yesterday, the tree is up but only partially decorated, as I'm waiting for a new basket for it to sit in to come. I've got it cat proofed, so yah for that.

Weather forecast for Orlando is still looking divine, not so much here in Seattle where there's an 85% chance of some snow Wednesday... hopefully it will just be pretty falling but not amount to anything.

Today's trip prep task is to freshen my go-bags and see if there is anything I need to get. I'm so happy with my pedicure, for the first time I mixed colors choosing four greens and a gold for the big toes. And surprise surprise, I saw my stretch goal weight on the scale this morning... woohoo. So nice ways to start the new week.

Happy Monday everyone! Super short work week for me... tee hee. Household things did get done yesterday, the tree is up but only partially decorated, as I'm waiting for a new basket for it to sit in to come. I've got it cat proofed, so yah for that.

Weather forecast for Orlando is still looking divine, not so much here in Seattle where there's an 85% chance of some snow Wednesday... hopefully it will just be pretty falling but not amount to anything.

Today's trip prep task is to freshen my go-bags and see if there is anything I need to get. I'm so happy with my pedicure, for the first time I mixed colors choosing four greens and a gold for the big toes. And surprise surprise, I saw my stretch goal weight on the scale this morning... woohoo. So nice ways to start the new week.
YAY!!!

Back on track with my eating…the busy school routine helps a lot. I gained a few pounds on Thanksgiving, but nothing major.

The mother of my student with a psychiatric diagnosis toured the various therapeutic settings available and unfortunately chose the least suitable one. She is in deep denial of his needs…medication and on staff psychiatrists…and knowing this is very frustrating. I am happy that I only have a couple weeks left to deal with him, but I wish she chose better for him. I hope that someone intervenes before a tragic event occurs. He’s in God’s hands.

Good Morning. It was a rough night for me. I didn't sleep well. I have been having an issue with my hip since July and since starting PT it has gotten worse. It feels like the muscle so I don't think it is anything big. I talked to PT last night about it and she has me doing more stretches that should help with it. Both hips were hurting last night and are still bothering me today. Every time I rolled over last night I work up because it hurt. I should have just taken some advil but I was being stubborn and thought that it might just go away.

I enjoy yoga. I've gone to community center-type classes a couple of times, and took a senior yoga course over Zoom last spring. I also have a DVD that I pull out once in a while.

But I must say my favorite yoga class is the Cosmic Kids YouTube channel that we used to play every week when I was watching the twins. It incorporates a story, and is much more engaging than trying to "quiet my mind". :lmao:

Before covid I had started going to a yoga studio within walking distance of home, and had been doing the sessions from a chair, which was a hard pill to swallow but I was so happy I sucked it up and did it that way. The past month or so I've been doing almost nightly seated yoga via YouTube. There is a series of routines put together by a rehabilitation group in Toronto that I really enjoy. It has made such a big difference in my body and how I move, which is more important to me the trying to calm my uber-busy brain.

I did yoga and really enjoyed it in my 20’s and 30’s. When I started having the issues that led to my hysterectomy, it became painful in my abdomen. I had an instructor who pressed down on me in a bent over position and I screamed out in pain. I haven’t done it since then. I am not at all flexible anymore. Not sure how it would go.

I am not a yoga person. My mom has been trying to get me to do yoga for awhile. I am sure if I did yoga I wouldn't have the issues I am having with my hips. Some of the exercises that I am doing for PT is doing yoga. If you have links to ones you like send it my way. I really need to start. Maybe I can get DD to do it with me.

For me, trying yoga was out of pure desperation.

I was born with severe hip dysphasia and was in a full body cast for the first year of my life.

I didn’t have issues with my hips again until I turned 30 and it was like someone turned on a switch and I had hip pain non stop. Had trouble sleeping, walking, sitting-it was awful.

I tried a yoga class at my gym and I was almost pain free doing it one hour a week. When the instructor left and they canceled the class I found some classes on YouTube that I do 1-2 times a week and it keeps me totally pain free in my hips!!

@piglet1979 if your up to it try this video:

I am not a yoga person. My mom has been trying to get me to do yoga for awhile. I am sure if I did yoga I wouldn't have the issues I am having with my hips. Some of the exercises that I am doing for PT is doing yoga. If you have links to ones you like send it my way. I really need to start. Maybe I can get DD to do it with me.
Here is one of the ones I've been doing:

I enjoy yoga but haven't done it in a long time. I have a hard time quieting my mind lately.
I have actually in the past lead "desk yoga" at work via web conference. Arm and neck stretches mostly...but it's primary function was really to get folks to take 10 mins to relax during high stress times of the year....have a couple giggles too

I've been doing yoga for a few years. I like flow yoga but what I've been doing is definitely restorative yoga. I'm not good at quieting my mind and since the pandemic where I've just been watching the videos from our instructor I fully admit that I skip over the beginning and ending where all we do is breathe. I always feel better after the class but now that she's only doing class on Saturday I don't like having to scroll back through the website to find a video. It was easier when there was just a new one every morning. I've done lots of youtube videos, and may start that again instead of her. But probably not since it involves some effort on my part!!

Edit: @Oneanne I just did your chair yoga and really enjoyed it! Thanks.
@PAsFab5 yours was a bit too long to do tonight, but I will definitely do it! Thanks.

Last edited:
Woohoo... vacation starts tomorrow! Will be seeing you soon my mousy friend! I actually got pre-vacation tingles last night thinking about walking around France in EPCOT.

1669823246341.png
Woohoo... yesterday I did on-line check-in for POP and booked my ground transportation, tomorrow I'll check in for my flight.

Woohoo... it snowed all day yesterday and the day had a wonderful calm Christmassy vibe. There was no accumulation on the ground in my area, then last night the temps rose enough that it turned to rain, which was fortunate because there was a lot of water coming down which would have been a lot of snow. I think I'll run my last errands today because more snow is in the Thursday forecast.

Woohoo... light work schedule today, which is good because I'm really not in to it at all.

November goals check in: I made my stretch goal for weight loss and I'm feeling good: I can get my right foot up on to my left knee but there is still a ways to go before it is similar to what I can do with left foot/right knee: I didn't get as many 10,000 step days in as I had hoped but I have walked enough to feel in shape for next week: and I exceeded my minutes of exercise for the month. So big pat on the back and a "well done me".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter