November discounts

I’ve seen a couple times Swolphin was sold out but it was because it had a conference blocking all rooms. Check back a few weeks before your trip, if it’s a conference that doesn’t book out the rooms will be released back into general inventory.

Definitely not everyone can afford a $700/nt deluxe stay. The prices & lack off benefits (30 min EE instead of hour, no package delivery, no transport) have driven me to doing my first off-site stays & I have seen many mention the same thing.
I would say 99% of people can't afford it. I'm sure there are some people that really stretch themselves financially to do it. I'm not sure that's wise either.

I think people are willing to pay rack right now for the trip they've been waiting to take for 2+ years. Remember, under 12 weren't vaxxed until late 2021. Lots of families in that age group (ours included) didn't want to risk booking a big trip only for a kid to be sick or quarantined. I mean, hotel room quarantine with young kids has to be one of the levels of hell, right? So, this is the first fall season that many families with young children are ready to return to Disney.

Also, they aren't filling these hotels yet due to staffing. Fewer rooms to go around means they are going to fill faster without discounts.

I cannot fathom this level of demand being sustainable, but right now Disney seems to be able to charge whatever they please and someone will say, "Well, we haven't had a big trip in 3 years. Let's do it up!"
It has nothing to do with vaccines for children. Vaccination rates for kids are low. Many people didn't want to wear a mask and social distance or they wanted to wait until entertainment came back. There's also been fewer travel options with international travel limited. Disney hotels are simply not worth rack of rate. The level of service and amenities is not there. I guess I'm odd, but I just don't like to over pay for things.

It has nothing to do with vaccines for children. Vaccination rates for kids are low.

The vaccination rate for 5-11 is about 40% in the US. Not nearly as high as older age groups, but to say it has "nothing" to do with vaccines is reductive. You're eliminating one of what are very many reasons for the current lack of room availability this fall. There are tons of factors, but parents not wanting to risk a 10 day quarantine period because their unvaccinated kid was exposed is definitely one of them.

Disney hotels are simply not worth rack of rate.

Well, clearly not enough travelers share your opinion or Disney would have to release discounts to fill rooms. As long as people keep paying, they'll keep charging these prices.

Well, clearly not enough travelers share your opinion or Disney would have to release discounts to fill rooms. As long as people keep paying, they'll keep charging these prices.
I could certainly be wrong, but I don't think the resorts are at full capacity due to the lack of housekeeping staff. So the occupancy rate might be a large percentage of the available rooms but all the rooms aren't filled--they're filled only to point X, whatever that is that can be supported by the current housekeeping staff.

I also think WDW is still benefiting from so-called revenge travel. Eventually all this will die down. In the past, even when it was crowded, room discounts were always offered. It's possible that the current Disney administration doesn't want to ever offer discounts, but so far, that hasn't been the case. Our last 4 trips--May 2021, Dec 2021, Feb 2022, May 2022--were all with some kind of discount. I'm expecting to see one for the fall. It just hasn't happened yet.

I could certainly be wrong, but I don't think the resorts are at full capacity due to the lack of housekeeping staff. So the occupancy rate might be a large percentage of the available rooms but all the rooms aren't filled--they're filled only to point X, whatever that is that can be supported by the current housekeeping staff.

I also think WDW is still benefiting from so-called revenge travel. Eventually all this will die down. In the past, even when it was crowded, room discounts were always offered. It's possible that the current Disney administration doesn't want to ever offer discounts, but so far, that hasn't been the case. Our last 4 trips--May 2021, Dec 2021, Feb 2022, May 2022--were all with some kind of discount. I'm expecting to see one for the fall. It just hasn't happened yet.

I agree resorts aren't full. I made the point upthread in an earlier part of the conversation. Who knows if they'd be able to keep flying by with these rack rates if they were able to really fill hotels.

The only Q4 2021 discount was 12/12/21 to 12/24/21 and that never went general public (FL res, APs, cardholders). Great that you managed to get that for your Dec 2021 trip, but it was a very short window.

I hope you're right and they drop something for this fall, but I think bookings are high enough that they don't need to. Certainly, the week I've been searching has been extremely limited for months. We are a family of five, though, so already starting with a smaller pool of options. Fingers crossed for everyone on this thread that I'm wrong and a great deal opens up soon.

Just a reminder about DISBoards Covid posting policy. Thanks all.

=====================================================

Policy on COVID discussions

The global COVID pandemic created unprecedented restrictions, disruptions and changes to our travel, work, shopping, schooling, social interactions and so many other aspects of our lives since the beginning of 2020. We’ve all been affected, and we have been inundated with news, information, mis-information, frustrations and opinions. We’ve heard them, we’ve shared them, we’ve argued about them.

The discussions, debates and arguments about the virus, distancing and masking policies, various politicians’ statements and actions have been overwhelming and divisive. Many threads on the DISboards have been derailed or devolved into arguments due to this topic. We understand the passion, but feel that we’ve let the discussions run their course. We are sure there are better places on the WWW to learn about and debate scientific, medical and political issues. The mission of the DISboards is to be a great travel resource and a friendly community.

Now that travel is opening up again, it’s time to refocus on that mission!

From this point on, we will welcome information on COVID policies RELATED TO TRAVEL. Things like the vaccination policies issued by venues or destinations, the cleaning or distancing procedures in use, practical tips for travelers or things they might need to know that are different from location to location are all valid topics. Any official policies issued by Disney, other travel destinations, cruise lines, airlines, etc. regarding requirements for visiting parks or cruising can be shared. This information needs to be on-topic for the specific forum and thread where posted.

We will NOT welcome debate or opinion about medical, scientific, or political aspects of the pandemic. There are a few often repeated trigger items that won’t be allowed: No statistics about infection rates, no ranting about individual rights, no “face-diaper” comments, no debate about whether vaccinations or masking are effective, no discussions about which governor or politician or news personality did or said what.

In summary: COVID related discussion should be limited to actual policy and practical application, and NOT veer into opinion or debate.

We understand that you may be passionate in your opinions on this topic and want to discuss or debate them, and appreciate your understanding that there are more appropriate places than the DISboards to do that.

Thank you,
DISboards Administrators

I hope you're right and they drop something for this fall, but I think bookings are high enough that they don't need to. Certainly, the week I've been searching has been extremely limited for months. We are a family of five, though, so already starting with a smaller pool of options. Fingers crossed for everyone on this thread that I'm wrong and a great deal opens up soon.
Availability for my mid-Sept week opened up the most 30 days out from check-out, I’ve been checking for a few months. I wanted an EP resort but availability was extremely limited and then bam! Saw standard rooms at BC & YC open up for the first time. I’ve changed that res like 4 times now between different discounts and rooms popping up. Availability is tightening again (not seeing standard rooms anymore) but it definitely had a nice little spurt of availability at the 30 day mark.

I agree with PP it is partially Disney trying to manage hotel staffing levels. A bunch of people did not all decide exactly 30 days out to cancel their standard room BC/YC packages but the hotels might have determined they had enough staff to release some more of their cheapest rooms for booking.

The vaccination rate for 5-11 is about 40% in the US. Not nearly as high as older age groups, but to say it has "nothing" to do with vaccines is reductive. You're eliminating one of what are very many reasons for the current lack of room availability this fall. There are tons of factors, but parents not wanting to risk a 10 day quarantine period because their unvaccinated kid was exposed is definitely one of them.

When the economy goes farther south or their stimulus checks run out they will share my opinion. They shared that opinion pre-covid. What's changed is a mystery.

The only Q4 2021 discount was 12/12/21 to 12/24/21 and that never went general public (FL res, APs, cardholders). Great that you managed to get that for your Dec 2021 trip, but it was a very short window.

Yes, we used the 12/12-12/24 AP discount. It wasn't all that great, it wasn't really the dates we wanted to travel, and the room was still more than we really wanted to spend, but we did it anyway. Those days are over now!

Availability for my mid-Sept week opened up the most 30 days out from check-out, I’ve been checking for a few months. I wanted an EP resort but availability was extremely limited and then bam! Saw standard rooms at BC & YC open up for the first time. I’ve changed that res like 4 times now between different discounts and rooms popping up. Availability is tightening again (not seeing standard rooms anymore) but it definitely had a nice little spurt of availability at the 30 day mark.

I agree with PP it is partially Disney trying to manage hotel staffing levels. A bunch of people did not all decide exactly 30 days out to cancel their standard room BC/YC packages but the hotels might have determined they had enough staff to release some more of their cheapest rooms for booking.
The best deals right now are renting points. I've seen some great rates on confirmed reservations. As we head into a recession I think you'll see more and more dvc owners selling their points. Another thing is a lot of people are unhappy with Disney right now and want to dump their points.

We're doing a split stay after having cruised- Sept 23-28th. We were late booking and the Disney + rate was not available at either of the resorts we wanted- POFQ then YC or BC. I've been checking every day since we booked and absolutely nothing has come up in the way of discounts. I was so sure they'd eventually come out with an AP rate, but for the first time in my memory since I because a passholder years ago, I don't believe we're going to see late September/October discount. We did manage to get the Disney+ discount for our stay pre-cruise, but paying rack rate is killing me- and yet I still do it.

However, without consistent room discounts, I'm not going to be able to justify renewing that AP I so badly want to keep!

It has nothing to do with vaccines for children. Vaccination rates for kids are low. Many people didn't want to wear a mask and social distance or they wanted to wait until entertainment came back. There's also been fewer travel options with international travel limited. Disney hotels are simply not worth rack of rate. The level of service and amenities is not there. I guess I'm odd, but I just don't like to over pay for things.
Then don't?

However, without consistent room discounts, I'm not going to be able to justify renewing that AP I so badly want to keep!
Just realize that if you don't renew your AP it may be a long, long time before you're able to get another one. They haven't been on sale since last September, and then only briefly.

There are entire threads here on the subject of APs, but it seems to boil down to this: Disney is willing to maintain only a certain number of APs and right now, they're at their maximum.

Just realize that if you don't renew your AP it may be a long, long time before you're able to get another one. They haven't been on sale since last September, and then only briefly.

There are entire threads here on the subject of APs, but it seems to boil down to this: Disney is willing to maintain only a certain number of APs and right now, they're at their maximum.

Yes, that's the risk. But I have until next July before I have to face that. I just activated a several years old voucher in mid July- I feel like one of the last dinosaurs with the old AP and benefits. lol Not too many of us around anymore.

The best deals right now are renting points. I've seen some great rates on confirmed reservations. As we head into a recession I think you'll see more and more dvc owners selling their points. Another thing is a lot of people are unhappy with Disney right now and want to dump their points.
I rented points for the Polynesian. There’s no way we are paying rack rate of 700 something. Not even 500.00! We also booked a couple days at Pop. If they don’t release some discounts I have a feeling the values and moderates will be full.

I rented points for the Polynesian. There’s no way we are paying rack rate of 700 something. Not even 500.00! We also booked a couple days at Pop. If they don’t release some discounts I have a feeling the values and moderates will be full.
We rented points in May and paid 1675 for 7 nights in a a preferred studio room at SSR. I’m shopping for another deal. I’d rather pay a one night deposit and have flexibility, but not at current prices. . Even the values are way over priced. I tried pop once it wasn’t for me.

We rented points in May and paid 1675 for 7 nights in a a preferred studio room at SSR. I’m shopping for another deal. I’d rather pay a one night deposit and have flexibility, but not at current prices. . Even the values are way over priced. I tried pop once it wasn’t for me.
Yeah we stayed at Pop once and I didn’t like it but we are staying there 2 nights mainly for the skyliner and price lol. I rented from DVC rental store and you can cancel, but not for a refund. You get a credit to use for up to two years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter