November 2021 Exercise Thread

Greetings from our happy place! It’s been a great trip so far! The first couple of days were surprisingly crowded. I mean, not getting on any rides crowded! Wait times were just ridiculous! I was so happy to get in the virtual queue for Remy, only to have our return time fluctuate wildly - by two hours at times! But, we did go over, finally, only to find now we had to wait another 45 minutes in the line. That would have run into our dinner reservation so we didn’t stay. Very frustrating! But waits were better yesterday and I made it on to Soarin’ - a favorite. The Food and Wine Festival is getting a mixed review. Some old favorites are back, with varied levels of quality. The waffles in Belgium and the lobster rolls in Hops and Barkey (America) were as good as usual. But the filet mignon in Canada and the lamb chop in Australia were down right awful.
We’ve gotten to 11 booths so far. I’ve clocked 19 miles and 160 minutes so far! My legs would say it’s been more 😜. So glad I did my (almost) daily walks to get ready.
345/750

Welcome home!

The chocolate carousel at the Beach Club - just love it!!!

45 minutes today , 390/750 We had a. We had a much needed pool day, then headed to Epcot this evening.
We finally got on Remy - so cute! And saw Harmonious! With about a million people- ugh. But it’s terrific!

in the queue for Remy

great shot of the golf ball! The new lighting is amazing.

Hoping to make the Christmas decorations tour tomorrow!

Won’t have as many steps today. Sitting on top of the bed waiting for pest control to come and find the gecko/salamander that ran into the room. I won’t be able to sleep tonight if they don’t get it. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Will post pix if I can.

Won’t have as many steps today. Sitting on top of the bed waiting for pest control to come and find the gecko/salamander that ran into the room. I won’t be able to sleep tonight if they don’t get it. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Will post pix if I can.
Awwwww you picked up a house lizard! They're good luck - they keep the bug population down. And they almost never bother folks. Of course, you might have to get a house cat to eat the lizard....#TrueFloridaStories.

Hello! I'm here, finally. I don't know why I waited until we were about two thirds of the way through the month before I decided to hop on here and add myself to the mix. I've really had no reason to be so flaky, but I guess that's just who I am now. LOL. 😂I've caught up on all the posts and I have to say how jealous I am of those of you at the parks this month. I love Disney in November!

I have 535 minutes so far for the month and I'll shoot for my usual 800, so I'm pretty much on track. Sorry to sophy1996 for making her adjust the team totals again!

I'm Turkey Brown and Elizabeth Smith jumps in at Bean Green! The TEAM stands at 62%, solidly Bean Green.

Here's an interesting item -- Disney Parks are featuring Black Santas for the first time in their history. I didn't see a Black Santa at the Merriest Nites party at Disneyland, but I think it's cool for the parks to be more inclusive. Over at DCA, the Festival of Holidays highlights not only Christmas, but also Hanukkah, Diwali, and Kwanzaa. And Saturday night there we were minding our own business, eating dinner (OK, it was second dinner, with third dessert :P), when all of a sudden there was a Navidad street party, featuring the Three Caballeros!

In the vein of Dapper Day, though, we really enjoyed a set by swing band Phat Cat Swingers. We saw them Saturday night, but here's some YouTube video from Friday.

17 minutes walking. Put in an offer on a home in Orlando, and now I don't want to be away from my phone/computer in case I miss the 'you got it!' call. They said they would decide at 'the end of the week' which I'm hoping is soon. :P

Wow, things are moving really fast! So exciting!!

Sorry to sophy1996 for making her adjust the team totals again!

Not a problem! Always glad when folks come back.

Well, pest control could not find our lizard 😜☺️ But we did - on the molding when we got home. My daughter climbed up and got it. In all the years we’ve been coming, we never had that happen!
We tried to do the Magic Kingdom on Thursday, but the crowds and wait times were just too much. The castle is so much prettier in person! So we had a quick lunch- mobile order, of course, and hit the monorail to see the decorations at those hotels. Nothing at all in the Poly! So disappointed. On to the Grand Floridian. Ahhhhhhh! Happy to see the beautiful gingerbread house!

C967D66A-8B4A-4B96-922D-47240BC2D36B.jpeg6F0EFDB8-F3B8-4B38-86D1-454B81E0EE0C.jpeg
E2939ED0-662F-4D23-A3D4-568A556EB795.jpegB8F02B4C-6D54-42A2-8A75-A6FD6650E143.jpeg

Raining now. Hopefully we’ll get to Epcot in a little while. Celebrating my daughter’s birthday today! And, it’s Dapper Day - can’t wait to see everyone!

Raya - good luck with the house!

Adding 60 minutes - 450/750

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter