November 2020

We are comfortable with the risk of being in our resort room,
We went to Universal 3 days after they reopened in June; and have been to Disney in July and Sept. I admit that for the June trip I was a little anxious about being in a resort room but after about an hour I felt 100% fine! Same with Disney, the level of cleaning and sanitizing going on (that you see, plus there's what you don't see) is ridiculous. Remember they don't want anyone claiming to have gotten sick due to anything related to their practices or cleanliness so I do not think what they say they're doing is just smoke and mirrors! I hope you feel comfortable when you get there :)
What about everyone else - plans changing? Staying the same?
No changes other than playing with our ADR's lol. Again DH and I have been twice already although the boys have only come on the Universal trip so this will be their first post-COVID Disney visit.

It's going to be crowded if you're going around Thanksgiving; which happens to be my favorite time to go! We know it'll be more crowded than in Sept., which was more crowded than July. We did leave DS early one night in July because it was a bit too crowded for us but Sept. was fine, and we only have plans to go there one night this trip to see the tree trail. Everyone's "back up" plans sound spot on; don't forget mini-golf as an option! Unless there's a long line of folks waiting (they always space out starting groups) it's a physically-distant activity to being with :goodvibes

@menotyou21 Nov. weather is a tad unpredictable but again, pretty much my favorite. We typically wear shorts and t-shirts and occasionally a tank top during the day; also typically but on capris or long pants in the evening and sometimes a light jacket. You do feel that change from 80's or even high 70's to 60's! Some trips there are days that stay in the high 60's and others where it doesn't fall below 75 through the night so while you won't freeze I feel like thinking you'll be warm most of the time and a bit chilly sometimes is the way to go lol

@menotyou21 Nov. weather is a tad unpredictable but again, pretty much my favorite. We typically wear shorts and t-shirts and occasionally a tank top during the day; also typically but on capris or long pants in the evening and sometimes a light jacket. You do feel that change from 80's or even high 70's to 60's! Some trips there are days that stay in the high 60's and others where it doesn't fall below 75 through the night so while you won't freeze I feel like thinking you'll be warm most of the time and a bit chilly sometimes is the way to go lol
Thanks to all of you so far. This is my thought too....If it's 72-80, I won't want to wear adidas pants (I'm a soccer person) and my girls won't want to wear leggings....but I just have this feeling around 6pm, if we don't go back to the hotel; they are all going to wish they had pants on.

@iheartglaciers - I'm the only one in my fam that doesn't have one of these ultra compressed jackets. lol

We’re here now! The parks are pretty manageable, though definitely busier than when we were here opening week...

In terms of the weather, in the mornings I’ve just thrown a spirit jersey over my tshirt but wore shorts all day. Took the spirit jersey off mid day.

The evenings I’ve switched into jeans, and I bought a sweatshirt (planned on that, didn’t bring one). We live in Houston, so similar weather to home.

It’s warm in the sun and cool in the shade and the breeze has been nice!

We’re here now! The parks are pretty manageable, though definitely busier than when we were here opening week...

In terms of the weather, in the mornings I’ve just thrown a spirit jersey over my tshirt but wore shorts all day. Took the spirit jersey off mid day.

The evenings I’ve switched into jeans, and I bought a sweatshirt (planned on that, didn’t bring one). We live in Houston, so similar weather to home.

It’s warm in the sun and cool in the shade and the breeze has been nice!

YAAY!

How was your travel? Did you drive from Houston or fly?

We fly into MCO tomorrow! Can’t believe we will be in the Magic Kingdom on Saturday!!!!!! Doesn’t seem real. Beyond excited and praying for an illness free experience 😁. Love everyone’s ideas on how to stay safe and comfortable. We have a one bedroom at the Riviera, so glad for the kitchen and space.

We fly into MCO tomorrow! Can’t believe we will be in the Magic Kingdom on Saturday!!!!!! Doesn’t seem real. Beyond excited and praying for an illness free experience 😁. Love everyone’s ideas on how to stay safe and comfortable. We have a one bedroom at the Riviera, so glad for the kitchen and space.

EXCELLENT!! How exciting!! If you have any downtime - I would love to hear how the MCO airport experience goes for you as well as Magical Express (if you're taking it too).

I love having the kitchen - one of our traditions is to get cookie dough either from the resort marketplace or grocery delivery and make cookies on the first night - the whole place smells amazing and it really makes it feel like home. Then the rest of the trip we just keep reaching into the cookie Ziploc bag or Tupperware.

Enjoy yourselves!!!

EXCELLENT!! How exciting!! If you have any downtime - I would love to hear how the MCO airport experience goes for you as well as Magical Express (if you're taking it too).

I love having the kitchen - one of our traditions is to get cookie dough either from the resort marketplace or grocery delivery and make cookies on the first night - the whole place smells amazing and it really makes it feel like home. Then the rest of the trip we just keep reaching into the cookie Ziploc bag or Tupperware.

Enjoy yourselves!!!
Great idea with the cookies!!!

Enjoy yourselves!!!
Hello!! Just got into Magical Express. We landed at 11:00pm, so the airport was empty. Very easy to distance and make our way to baggage claim. However we did wait through one monorail train. The first was extremely full (shoulder to shoulder) so we opted to wait for the next one. There was plenty of room to distance in the second one. Not many hand sanitizer stations around MCO that I noticed. But still restrooms to stop and wash hands if needed. We waited about 15 minutes to board Magical Express. They load the back of the bus first and space people out with a row of seats in between parties. Feel very comfortable. Our flight was on Delta and there was hardly any one one it. A lot of open seats!!!! Let me know if you have any other Airport or Magical Express questions.

We landed today. I’m not normally posting food info..... but we ate at Paddlefish tonight..... sadly it left a lot to be desired. I had the cod; tasted worse than what I can get at the grocery store in Oklahoma. I was shocked. Lobster corn dogs were good. I’m glad we had them; but the sauce... no thanks. Hot melted butter would have been superb. Kids chicken fingers and fries were fine. lol. DW had the salmon.... good piece, but the accompanying items were not fresh.

Overall Disney Springs was quite busy, but not horrible. We are doing MK tomorrow and are extremely thankful and excited to finally have something positive in 2020.

We landed today. I’m not normally posting food info..... but we ate at Paddlefish tonight..... sadly it left a lot to be desired. I had the cod; tasted worse than what I can get at the grocery store in Oklahoma. I was shocked. Lobster corn dogs were good. I’m glad we had them; but the sauce... no thanks. Hot melted butter would have been superb. Kids chicken fingers and fries were fine. lol. DW had the salmon.... good piece, but the accompanying items were not fresh.

Overall Disney Springs was quite busy, but not horrible. We are doing MK tomorrow and are extremely thankful and excited to finally have something positive in 2020.

I have heard mixed reviews on Paddlefish a I’m sorry you had one of the negative ones. Cod is either great or gross if done poorly. But you are so right - so glad to have something happy in 2020

Finallly getting the time to sit and write a bit about our trip so far. This is our first stay at Yacht Club and we are really loving the resort. We spent our first park day at HS on Friday and snagged boarding group 2 for Rise 😍. The ride and whole Galaxy's Edge area were absolutely amazing especially for my Star Wars obsessed husband and sons and even for me, the casual fan. We were really impressed with the safety protocols and we saw great compliance with masks. Crowds were fine at HS and at no point did I feel uncomfortable that day. We were able to get through everything in the park except Aliens Swirling Saucers (wait was longer than we cared for when in the area), Muppetvision, and Tower of Terror. We had the time to do Tower, we are just still debating it. We have done it before but after riding a couple of times, I still have yet to decide whether aI even like it 😂. I love the theming, it's the drop sensation that is overwhelming for me. We enjoyed dinner at Mama Melrose and absolutely loved it. Parties were well distanced and the food and service were fantastic.

We spent yesterday at Magic Kingdom. We were about fourth in line for thd bus and made it unto the park by about 8:05. We were lead to the ticket area by a cast member (who skipped by the temp and security check which I found strange) and we were let into the park around 8:15. We headed over to Tomorrowland and were riding Space Mountain by 8:30. We had a great morning making it through Space, Buzz, Pirates, Splash, Big Thunder, HM, Small World, and Peter Pan, and Philharmagic before stopping for a snack around 11. This was at a very relaxed walking pace as we have decided for this trip since there are no FP time constraints we are taking more time to enjoy the ambiance. Crowds were still very manageable up until that point but really began picking up. We made it through Mine Train, Tea Cups, Dumbo and Barnstormer before heading back over to The Plaza to eat. By the time we were finished with dinner, crowds had picked up massively and felt comparable to our July trips to me, but that may have depended on what part of the park you were in. We caught the Santa cavalcade as it was coming through (very cute) and then we headed over to Space for another ride then over to Adventureland for Jingle Cruise. Adventureland was sort of a hot mess for people who have spent the past few months avoiding any kind of crowd as the pathways are so narrow and the lines were spilling out into those already narrow walkways, making it impossible to distance. Wd headed over to Hall of Presidents to escape and kill some time before it got dark so we could head over to Main Street to see the lights and castle projections. Though we were sad not to get to see the Dream Lights for the first time, we did enjoy the holiday projections. Main Street wasn't too bad. It was crowded but easy to separate yourself from others unlike Adventureland. We wrapped up the day at the Emporium. The line to get in was backed up to Crystal Palace but moved quickly. I think we were in the store within about 5 minutes.

All in all we have had a wonderful time thus far and are so glad we decided to make the trip. We plan on spending today relaxing at Stormalong Bay 🙂.

but we ate at Paddlefish tonight..... sadly it left a lot to be desired.
Ugh so sorry you didn't enjoy it! We stayed away for awhile because reviews were "eh" but tried it with friends in July and really loved it. I don't eat seafood so I had the filet which was great - not the best I've had in Disney but good enough I'd have it again. DH had the salmon and he loved it . He and our friends shared I believe the lobster guacamole and thought it was the best thing ever lol. I had a pitcher of their sangria and thought THAT was the best thing ever :rolleyes1 Restaurants in Disney are so subjective! There are quite a few popular ones that we don't like. As you said it's great to have this trip in 2020 and I hope you guys enjoy it :goodvibes Looking forward to being back in 3 days!

After all the back and forth on what to do we are going. This week was an emotional roller coaster but DH said let’s just do it - so we leave for the airport at 5 am! My in-laws decided to keep their trip to so they left this morning to drive down and will meet us at POP. I’m still nervous about everything but hope I can relax a little once we arrive. Thank you to everyone for all of your reports and I will be sure to report how things go
(Posting on Thanksgiving thread too)

After all the back and forth on what to do we are going. This week was an emotional roller coaster but DH said let’s just do it - so we leave for the airport at 5 am! My in-laws decided to keep their trip to so they left this morning to drive down and will meet us at POP. I’m still nervous about everything but hope I can relax a little once we arrive. Thank you to everyone for all of your reports and I will be sure to report how things go
(Posting on Thanksgiving thread too)
I hope you have a fantastic and safe trip!

Nice posts from everyone.

@Stefne incredible how much your family accomplished!! That’s awesome! Very interested in the early rides. Is everyone seeing this (at other parks)? Wet got into MK around 8:30 and went onto Thunder MT.

We did MK today. CRT for lunch. Park definitely was busy from 10-6ish IMO. Wait times were overstated by 5-15 minutes on almost everything. I went to a popcorn stand early. No Christmas buckets. MK said they should have some in the parks on 23rd. I sure hope so. Anyone have tips??

We are doing Epcot on 23rd. Anyone else?

Nice posts from everyone.

@Stefne incredible how much your family accomplished!! That’s awesome! Very interested in the early rides. Is everyone seeing this (at other parks)?

We are doing Epcot on 23rd. Anyone else?
We will be at AK today. We are doing Epcot on Friday so we can experience the holiday festival.

The only other park we have been to so far is HS. I'm not sure what time the other rides began running, but the Mickey's Runaway Railway started around 9:45. We actually got in line for it about 9:15, but were warned that it would be operating with a delayed opening, so I would assume it was actually supposed to start even earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter