NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Thread~ Everybody is Welcome~Part 3 already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so out of the loop. I had no idea there was a new little Mermaid ride. i really need to get on it and see what rides we plan on going on. Our son will be almost 2 so I need to check and see what he can ride and what he can't.

Where can I find ride closures? I have taken a break from planning and I see I have missed a lot.
here is ride closures: http://allears.net/tp/rehabs.htm

here are the height restrictions:
Barnstormer- 35"
BTMRR- 40"
Space Mtn- 44"
Splash Mtn- 40"
Stitch- 40"
Tomorrowland Speedway- 52" to drive by themselves
Mission Space- 44"
Soarin- 40"
Sum of All Thrills- 48" to ride, 54" to go upside down (build your own coaster)
TT- 40"
RnR- 48"
Star Tours- 40"
ToT- 40"
Dinosaur- 40"
Kali- 38"
EE- 44"
Primeval Whirl- 48"

So I just changed our reservation. From CBR to POFQ. I hope I made a good move. Now I am second guessing myself. I really want POR, but nothing available. I just like the fact of the boat to DTD, and that it has queen size bed. It's a tight squeeze in a full size. I'm almost 6' tall. Oh and the price stayed the same :)
Love POFQ and we weren't fond of CBR. and like others have said, it is rumored CBR could be the overflow for POP. After staying at POR when it was overflow for POP years ago, I would NOT want to stay at their resort.

I'm getting more excited about this trip each day! Making a list of what I need to buy from the store:

-pop up laundry hamper
-disposable rain ponchos
-hanging shoe rack pocket holder thingy for the bathroom/vanity area
-pocket size hand sanitizer
-inexpensive power strip
-retractable Sharpies for autographs
-night light for hotel room
-lanyards w/clear pockets for holding our KTTW cards
-ibuprofin, cold meds, bandaids, etc
-lightup necklaces/bracelets for after dark fun
-breakfast foods for the room
have you had any luck finding the retractable sharpies anywhere- in other than black? I've looked everywhere and not finding them- and when I do, only in black.

How did you do this? We're a group of 9 (10 if they count my infant) so we will have the 18% added automatically... I assume we will take turns paying the tips unless it's possible to split them -- like putting half of the tip on my Key to the Word... does anyone know if that's possible?

I just want to get a good idea because I know H will have some serious sticker shock since I failed to mention this when I convinced him we HAD TO HAVE the DxDP! Bwahahahaha:rotfl2:

So, yeah... I need to get the numbers ready and lay it on him at just the right time...
be sure and let your server know you are on the DP first although they usually ask now- and let them know how many rooms and who is in which room and they will separate it. that way your credits all end up correctly. you will pay 18% off your bill for your room member's meals.

It's a crazy thought, right? RIGHT??

I had accepted that I would miss the Osborne lights, all of the previous dates I saw had them starting the day we leave. Fine, no big deal.

Then today I see that the lights start on November 9th -- the same night the Xmas party starts...and we have tickets for it!

Is it crazy to waste Xmas party time heading over to Hollywood Studios before it closes @ 8p to see the lights and then go back to Magic Kingdom unil it closes at midnight.

I don't know how much time we will "waste" getting there and going back on Disney transportation. Uggggghhhh decisions, decisions...:(
i wouldn't do that, unless you had absolutely no other option. By the time you see the lights and head back over, you'll be missing so much of the party- and with the prices for the party, i wouldn't want to waste any time. The first parade is at 8;15 and fireworks at 9:30. You need to be there early to get a decent spot. I would fit in the lights another night. PLUS seeing the lights on opening night........well it is PACKED!!! plus keep in mind you'll have Jersey week folks there trying to see them, folks in for the wine/dine marathon trying to see them (most come in just for the weekend for the marathon) etc.

have you had any luck finding the retractable sharpies anywhere- in other than black? I've looked everywhere and not finding them- and when I do, only in black.

I haven't looked yet this year, but we found them in a 2 pack of blue and green the last tme we went. I'll report back if/when I locate them.

We have been at Thanksgiving twice, last time was in 2011 and we have seen Santa both times. The line depends on time of day, etc... I think we waited about 1/2 hour last year. The Santa is really good, very nice. Yes, they let you take your own photo and they also take the pictures through photopass system.
Hope this helps!
Debbie

Quick question, I see you have been at Disney during Thanksgiving. What is it like crowdwise? I have been at Christmas time if you want to compare. Getting there Wed, leaving Mon. Thanks.

I had accepted that I would miss the Osborne lights, all of the previous dates I saw had them starting the day we leave. Fine, no big deal.

Then today I see that the lights start on November 9th -- the same night the Xmas party starts...and we have tickets for it!

Is it crazy to waste Xmas party time heading over to Hollywood Studios before it closes @ 8p to see the lights and then go back to Magic Kingdom unil it closes at midnight.

I don't know how much time we will "waste" getting there and going back on Disney transportation. Uggggghhhh decisions, decisions...:(

I think you need to skip the Osborne lights this time around. With your little ones and eating at Cape May and the price of the MVMCP, I think the lights would be a bad idea. They are great, but since you plan to return to Disney, I'd save them for another trip. Really. I think it would be just miserable to cart the kids all over when you have that awesome party to get to. It will be more crowded than you can imagine since it's the first night. BTW, love Cape May!:thumbsup2

AquaDame said:
Just imagine how much quicker this thread would have ended if not for the facebook group too! :laughing:

There's a FB page? I must have missed this.. Wow very busy today I miss a couple hours, and now I have a bunch of catching up.

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ said:

We had the same problem. We were leaving 11/10 and have MVMCP on 11/9. I was just going to skip OL, but I actually added a day partially so we could get in OL on 11/10. Then I made sure we fit in Fantasmic another night so we had plenty of time for both. And then I booked a late ADR at Brown Derby on our OL night. We can wander around, do OL leisurely and then get a nice late dinner that will have us leaving after park close. Seems like a great way to spend our last night!

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-10 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

Just changed my ticker. We upgraded to Riverside from POP because my dad and step-mom staying with us. Can't wait!!:littleangel:

Quick question, I see you have been at Disney during Thanksgiving. What is it like crowdwise? I have been at Christmas time if you want to compare. Getting there Wed, leaving Mon. Thanks.

Didn't know if I should answer this question here or on the new thread. Hopefully you will see my answer...
I have been to WDW at Thanksgiving twice and planning to be back there next year (2013) too. Of all the times I have been to WDW this is my favorite time. The weather is awesome, the Christmas decorations are perfect for this time of year and I like spending Thanksgiving at my favorite place on earth! :cheer2: Anyway - crowds...they will vary. We have always gone the Friday before Thanksgiving to the Friday after. The first couple of days are awesome. Lower crowds, easy to get a lot done. Then Wednesday through Friday have heavier crowds, longer waits at popular rides. But completely doable with Fastpass. AND we take our time at that point, enjoying Disney during the holidays. I have heard that the crowd starts to taper off on Sunday and it awesome again on Monday. I have seen crowds ratings of 9 and 10 for the days closest to Thanksgiving, but comparitively speaking - Easter and 4th of July week were definitely worse. I also would follow a good plan - stay away from Magic Kingdom on Thanksgiving day. We have done AK and it's been fine. We had Thanksgiving Dinner at Sanaa and it was really good!
Hope this helps!
Debbie

Disney Budget(will have a little more just in case) Let me know if this sounds good
Breakfast @ Airport~$30
Food at DIsney(includes snacks and tips~we take extra food and drinks)~$600
Souvineers~$500(we get the girls a nice shirt or sweatshirt and a few other things)
BBB-$255 (2 courtyard packages and one punk princess)
Dinner @ Airport $30
Parking @ Airport $25(split it with my brother)
Total Budget for 8 days and 2 adults/2kids =$1440 (estimated of course

Am I forgetting anything??

I still have my check out paper work from last year and we were at $620.00, with out FD. This means that with the $336 I spent to upgrade to DDP from QS only gives me like $300.00 for the week in order to be less or equal to what we paid last year. I cannt remember our room rate but we were in a 1br villa at WL so I know the room charge will be less. :headache:

Too funny. I have been so busy with work and my non-disney life that I haven't been online in a few days. I finally get on to the disboards go to my subscribed files and see that there haven't been posts to thread 3 in two days. :confused3 And then find out there is a 4th thread and already 13 pages into it. How can I be so out of the loop:confused3

I am at 100 days:cool1: Tomorrow is the double digit for me.

Is anyone ordering from Garden Grocer? I wonder if I should or just pack what I need.

I will post my ADR's below:

11-24: Garden Grill 6:35pm
11-25: 1900 Park Fare 6:10pm
11-26: Fantasmic Package H&V 3:35pm
11-27: Tusker House 11:15am
11-28: Crystal Palace 6:10pm
11-29: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall 11:00am

Mommyof3princess27, you are awesome for organizing all this. Thank you!!

:rotfl2: it feels like De ja Vous, I posted on the first 2 :lmao:
So glad to find this thread..... :wave2:
We will be there November 15-22nd, staying at Cornado Springs :banana:

:yay:Yay:cool1: big sis got mom and I a ressie at the new resturant in Magic Kingdom in the new Beauty and the Beast sections of New Fantasyland....Be Our Guest for Nov 22 at 6pm...her and her hubby started calling at 7am and by 713am she had us booked. Love that women. We are not telling mom so it will b a supper surprise.:thumbsup2:woohoo:

Hi all!!!

I need to start my hunt for disney stuff... such as snack bags, color books, and fun things I can bring with me to WDW instead of buying them at the parks.

I just got a flyer from Christmas Tree Shops -I am in RI - they have Disney sandwhich bags for $1.49

Anyone know of other places where I can get some Disney stuff? LOL

Hi all!!!

I need to start my hunt for disney stuff... such as snack bags, color books, and fun things I can bring with me to WDW instead of buying them at the parks.

I just got a flyer from Christmas Tree Shops -I am in RI - they have Disney sandwhich bags for $1.49

Anyone know of other places where I can get some Disney stuff? LOL

Dollar Tree has a lot of disney stuff too! They have the sandwhich bags for $1, along with the glow bracelts, small disney trinkets etc. I plan on getting a bunch of stuff there! They even have waterbottles, brown paper bags, etc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!