NOV. Hours & EMH - ALL are UP!

We have an 8:00pm reservation at Ohanas in Poly the night we will be at HS- do you think we will still have time to catch the Osbourn lights or should I move our time back some?

We have an 8:00pm reservation at Ohanas in Poly the night we will be at HS- do you think we will still have time to catch the Osbourn lights or should I move our time back some?

The OLights are illuminated at 6pm.

It takes about 8-12 minutes to walk from the OLights area to the Studio front gates.

It will likely take 45-60 minutes to get from DHS to the Poly.

You want to arrive and check in for your ADR 15-20 minutes early.

IMO, you won't have enough time to see and enjoy the lights that evening.

OLights are on the Streets of America.
DHS-ALL-Sat_052208.jpg

Here's a rather less-than COLORFUL image of the 4 main parks relative to each other-
Poly is near the MK.

Theme-Parks-ALL2.jpg

Poly-TTC-042408B.jpg

8:30 should work, don't you think? It's our first night in WDW and we have 3 littles ages (at that time) 9,7,5. I don't want to make their dinner time too late.

Couldn't we take a bus to Epcot and then jump on the monorail? (from HS)

You don't need to do that at all.

You can take a direct bus from DHS to the TTC, right next to the Poly (as seen in my maps.)

You can certainly try to do as much as you like.

I was pretty realistic in my time estimates.

Hooray that the hours are finally posted!! The hours for T'giving week 2008 are amazingly similar to T'giving week 2007. If my recollection of 2007 is correct, they're identical for Epcot, AK and DHS, and almost the same for MK (closing an hour earlier every day, opening an hour later on a couple days). The EMH parks/days are exactly the same. Luckily I planned ADRs based on 2007 and don't have to change a thing.

OK- changed time to 8:20- the next available time was 9:40 and that's just way too late to expect our kids to wait for dinner! Thanks for the help!

I know it's off topic (what's the topic now, anyway?) but isn't the monorail a big time saver or is it about the same as the buses?

I know it's off topic (what's the topic now, anyway?) but isn't the monorail a big time saver?...

The short answer is basically, no.

It's great if you are already at Epcot and want to go to TTC.

But to take another form of transportation just to get to the monorail wastes a lot of time.

As you can see below, the bus-loading at Epcot is a fair walking distance from the monorail station. That would take time, too.

Epcot-RopeDrop-042908.jpg

There are actually THREE monorail routes (with multiple trains running on each route).

On each route, the trains will "loop" around and around on their own unique track.

1) "Epcot Monorail" TTC > Epcot > TTC > (loop runs clockwise)
2) "MK Express Monorail" TTC > MK > TTC > (loop runs counter-clockwise)
3) "Resort Monorail" TTC > Poly > Grand Floridian > MK > Contemp. > TTC > (loop runs clockwise)

As you can see, you can transfer from or to any monorail at the TTC (which is also the MK parking lot).

You may ride any and all of these, if you like.
They do not "let you out" INSIDE any theme-park, so you don't need a ticket.

Here's a link to a Map of the WDW Monorail routes, from the files of
DISer, WillCAD.
http://willcad.org/maps/aerials/wdw-monorail.jpg

Well, darn!...I guess other than the monorail being cool, it's no differnt than any other transport. When will they have those things like in Star Trek? :teleport:

The transporters are off-line, captain.
;)

PM EMH at Epcot-

1) 9pm-12 Midnight (Holiday season 9:30pm-12:30am)
2) Same for both FW and WS
3) The gates are already open... since regular hours.
4) PM EMH starts at regular park closing time, not 11pm.

AM EMH begins one hour before regular park opening time and continues until regular opening time.
PM EMH begins at regular park closing time and continues for 3 hours following.

There is no "break" between regular hours and EMH hours...
the park is open continuously for WDW resort guests.

Sorry, Robo, I should have made myself more clear. When I said 11:00, I meant 11:00AM not 11:00PM. I was wondering when the gates open, is there access to both WS and FW, or do they just not open the rides, stores, etc. in WS until 11:00AM, their regularly scheduled opening time. Same goes for EMH. Does WS open everything up at 8:00am, the same as FW? Or do they just not open the stores, rides, etc. until 10:00am, which is an hour before THEIR regularly scheduled opening time.

okay i have a really stupid question now that the hours are up and I see AK opens at 9 on the 22nd how do i get in for my 8 am ressie for Donald's breakfast at the tusker house. I said it was stupid.

okay i have a really stupid question now that the hours are up and I see AK opens at 9 on the 22nd how do i get in for my 8 am ressie for Donald's breakfast at the tusker house. I said it was stupid.
Not a stupid question at all....There should be a CM standing at one of the turnstyles with a clipboard and a sign saying something like Character Breakfast Entrance or something. You give them you name having your confirmation number too is a good idea. Then they will check you off the list and let you into the park. It's nice to get to walk through when there is so few people let in that early. Most of the areas are still roped off but still nice if you want to take photos and such. Hope that helps.:)

ok just had to post now that the hours are up, i figured out which parks we were going to on which days. today i called and made the rest of my reservations and got all the rest at the times that i wanted!!! i feel very lucky and now can relax a little!!

good luck to all who are still planning!!

and even though the hours are up, i still find myself checking this post. i guess we need to keep it going until they close it down!!!

Sorry, Robo, I should have made myself more clear. When I said 11:00, I meant 11:00AM not 11:00PM. I was wondering when the gates open, is there access to both WS and FW, or do they just not open the rides, stores, etc. in WS until 11:00AM, their regularly scheduled opening time. Same goes for EMH. Does WS open everything up at 8:00am, the same as FW? Or do they just not open the stores, rides, etc. until 10:00am, which is an hour before THEIR regularly scheduled opening time.

The attractions, shops, and restaurants of WS are not open to guests until 11am.
There are CMs positioned at the WS entrances to direct passage for guests to/from the International Gateway and to/from Norway's Princess Breakfast (which opens about 8am.)

In general, WS is not a part of AM EMH at all.

Not a stupid question at all....There should be a CM standing at one of the turnstyles with a clipboard and a sign saying something like Character Breakfast Entrance or something. You give them you name having your confirmation number too is a good idea. Then they will check you off the list and let you into the park. It's nice to get to walk through when there is so few people let in that early. Most of the areas are still roped off but still nice if you want to take photos and such. Hope that helps.:)

thank you a ton.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter