NOV. Hours & EMH - ALL are UP!

This was just posted on "another" forum site:

Still shows unavailable for me......

November and December park hours are finally up !!!

Kathi

Operating Hours Information
November 2008

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Dates Operating Hours Fantasmic
November 1 9am – 7:30pm 7:30pm
November 2-4 9am – 7pm 7pm
November 5 9am – 8pm 6:30pm & 8pm
November 6-9 9am – 7pm 7pm
November 10 9am – 8pm 6:30pm & 8pm
November 11-14 9am – 7pm 7pm
November 15-16 9am – 8pm 6:30pm & 8pm
November 17-23 9am – 8pm 7pm
November 24-30 9am – 8pm 6:30pm & 8pm
Dates Parades Operating Hours
November 1-30 Block Party Bash 3pm
Extra Magic Mornings
November 1, 8, 11, 22, 29
Extra Magic Evenings
November 5, 10, 16, 24, 30

I'm sorry if this has already been covered. I'm still trying to read my way through this post.. MANY new entries since yesterday afternoon :)

I was wondering what the Block Party Bash is at Hollywood Studios...

YAY!!! Finally! Better late than never! And we don't have ANY EMH days on the days we are going which is good for us since we aren't staying on property and can't go to them anyway! But I do have a few questions.

I noticed that Osborne Lights is not listed on the 26th of Nov. Please tell me that they ARE doing it and that it is just not listed yet?

Also I noticed that the Jingle Jungle Parade was listed at AK but not the Holly Day Parade at DHS. Aren't these usually both running at the same time?

We are going to DHS on the 26th and were hoping to see it.

Is there a chance they may change that or does it not start till AFTER thanksgiving. Also I didn't see the Christmas Parade at MK either. Does this not start till after Thanksgiving either?

We have the 1st of Dec as our last day and as of now have left it open to see where we want to go. We figured we would decide depending on what we didn't get to see or do during the rest of the week. At this point we only have one day schedulded at both AK and DHS and 2 at MK one of which though is our MVMCP which also happens to be on the day before (the 30th). I really didn't want to go back the VERY next day and would rather go back to either AK or DHS but am just not sure.

But if they have the parade I might consider it. We don't have hoppers either though so would have to relegate it to one park.

Anyone know the answers to these questions?

TIA

For the EMH hours at Epcot, does it include both WS and FW? Such as, there are evening EMH on Nov. 14th. Normally FW hours are 9-7 and WS are 11-9. So, that day, it will be 9-10 and 11-midnight? Also, there are morning EMH on the 15th. So the hours will be FW 8-7 and WS 10-9?

I noticed that Osborne Lights is not listed on the 26th of Nov. Please tell me that they ARE doing it and that it is just not listed yet?

The Osborne Lights web page is still up, but no dates have been listed. Everyone's hoping they'll put that information up soon. Robo assures everyone that the Osborne Lights will, indeed, be running this year. :thumbsup2

Also I noticed that the Jingle Jungle Parade was listed at AK but not the Holly Day Parade at DHS. Aren't these usually both running at the same time?

The standard (non-holiday) parade at DHS has changed this year to the "Block Party Bash." The Holly Day Parade was simply an overlay on the old standard parade, so they may not do that particular parade this year for the holidays. Whether Block Party Bash will get an overlay is another question, but as far as I can tell, no one knows.

Also I didn't see the Christmas Parade at MK either. Does this not start till after Thanksgiving either?

The Christmas parade at MK is run exclusively during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party until the week of Christmas, when it becomes the 3 o'clock parade. Until then, the standard 3 o'clock parade continues to run.

The Osborne Lights web page is still up, but no dates have been listed. Everyone's hoping they'll put that information up soon. Robo assures everyone that the Osborne Lights will, indeed, be running this year. :thumbsup2

The standard (non-holiday) parade at DHS has changed this year to the "Block Party Bash." The Holly Day Parade was simply an overlay on the old standard parade, so they may not do that particular parade this year for the holidays. Whether Block Party Bash will get an overlay is another question, but as far as I can tell, no one knows.

The Christmas parade at MK is run exclusively during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party until the week of Christmas, when it becomes the 3 o'clock parade. Until then, the standard 3 o'clock parade continues to run.

Thanks for all your help. The Osborne lights is one of the main reasons we are coming LOL. WE were there till the 5th of Nov on our last trip in 05 and they had most of the lights on the bldgs but of course it didn't start running till the next week and we were SO dissapointed that we missed it by a week. But we DID get to go to Food and Wine which was worth it! ;)

But we specifically planned this so we could see the lights so I sure hope Robo is right (and I am sure he is :) ) and that is a bummer about the Holly Day parade. It looked really neat. I didn't care to see the stars and motor cars again as I saw it the last two times but I have seen block party bash MANY times at DCA so I don't really care to see that either. So I guess that answers my question about where to go on that Monday LOL.

And thanks for letting me know about the Christmas parade. We are going to MVMCP on the 30th so glad to know that we will get to see it then and I don't have to worry about it! :)

Having the same problem. Trying to get the Plaza and Crystal Palace for 11/1 and 11/8 and they keep telling me the latest is 4:30 and 5:15. They can confirmed it is not because it is booked but because they can not book later ADR's.

UGH! :furious:

Anyone have better luck?

Joan1 and kenny, I'm with you!!
Between yesterday (after the hours went up) and today, I've called 3 times trying for an LTT ADR around 6pm - with no luck. Yesterday, the CMs couldn't even see the MK park calendar, even though it was up on the website. Today, the CM could bring up the calendar, but apparently the Dining System is not updated with the published hours yet. :confused3

Guess we just keep trying! Once someone succeeds, please be sure to let us know here! :flower3:

Good morning all!

Finally rec'd a call from Maria at WDW Executive Offices....

She was very apologetic and understands all us planners out here! She had no other answers other than they were finalizing events in November.

She knew about the Dis Boards and was amazed when I mentioned the # of views on this thread.

Tried to find out if they were doing anything special for Mickey's Birthday...but she pleaded ignorance. Talked quite a bit about obsessive Disneyites and the need for our planning.

In the end, got an apology and an invite to send her a picture of my Disney wall.....pin display, framed Lithographs, etc. Little does she know, i have 3 Disney walls and quite a few Disney scrapbooks to boot!

She was very, very nice and said she enjoyed our talk and loved talking to the guests.

For the EMH hours at Epcot, does it include both WS and FW? Such as, there are evening EMH on Nov. 14th. Normally FW hours are 9-7 and WS are 11-9. So, that day, it will be 9-10 and 11-midnight? Also, there are morning EMH on the 15th. So the hours will be FW 8-7 and WS 10-9?

Edited to add: Why do Future World and World Showcase open and close two hours apart when they are in the same park?

Edited to add: Why do Future World and World Showcase open and close two hours apart when they are in the same park?

They really DON'T.

This is less confusing if you understand that

FW does not fully "close" at 7pm on ANY night of the year.

The following attractions stay open until IllumiNations begins every night:

Space Ship Earth
Mission: Space
Test Track
Soarin'
The Seas with Nemo and Friends Pavilion

The reason for the (limited) separate hours for FW and WS is that Disney found that MOST
guests spent their early mornings in FW and left WS largely empty until later in the day.
At night, the draw of restaurants and IllumiNations found most guests in WS.

No need to staff the entire park if there are few guests there.

So what would the real EMH hours be? The two are not separated in the park, are they? Technically when the gates open for 1, do they open for the other? Do they just not open the stores, rides, etc until 11:00?

LOL, I AM confused! ::yes::

1) So what would the real EMH hours be?
2) The two are not separated in the park, are they?
3) Technically when the gates open for 1, do they open for the other?
4) Do they just not open the stores, rides, etc until 11:00?

PM EMH at Epcot-

1) 9pm-12 Midnight (Holiday season 9:30pm-12:30am)
2) Same for both FW and WS
3) The gates are already open... since regular hours.
4) PM EMH starts at regular park closing time, not 11pm.

AM EMH begins one hour before regular park opening time and continues until regular opening time.
PM EMH begins at regular park closing time and continues for 3 hours following.

There is no "break" between regular hours and EMH hours...
the park is open continuously for WDW resort guests.

:woohoo: Glad the hours are finally posted! Now to get out the spreadsheet and back to work.

Thanks for the info on the signature block - I love this place.

Where do you get the cool countdown things? (Only 33 weeks and 3 days until we go!!!!!)

Resubscribing now that the coast is (presumably) clear... ;)

... specifically, to ask a question: Did they swapped the MK hours for Friday 11/7 and Saturday 11/8? I could have swore that Saturday was the later night when the hours were first posted....

Just got off the phone with dining and was able to reschedule all of the meals I needed to (including 2 princess ones I was worried about) for within 10 minutes of my requested times :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 - lucky morning for me! I had to re-do most of my days as I am not doing any EMHs this trip - now I just have to go back and fix one day - forgot the 18th was Mickey's Birthday and I want to be in MK that day.:bday: ::MickeyMo

Many Thanks to Robo for keeping this thread 'organized' and updating us!!:worship: :thanks: :disrocks:

Now if they'd just confirm the starting date for Osbourne lights I'm all set!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter