• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nov. 4th, 2012 Dream cruise meet thread!

Welcome! We are doing a family cruise too. My DD and I (My DH can't make it). My parents, My Aunt and Uncle, My sister and her family, and some cousins. You'll have a fun time.

Wow... you'll have quite a crowd. Too bad your DH can't join the family reunion. Should be a great time. I'm anxious to see the fun through the eyes of my grandchildren. They've been to DW before, but not on the cruise.

Alexa

Wow... you'll have quite a crowd. Too bad your DH can't join the family reunion. Should be a great time. I'm anxious to see the fun through the eyes of my grandchildren. They've been to DW before, but not on the cruise.

Alexa

My DH is a dairy farmer, and that is usually harvest time too, so he said no, plus I don't think he's all that enthused on being with my family that long. :rotfl:
We are all excited. We gave some disney gift cards and other cruise goodies for christmas this year.

My DH is a dairy farmer, and that is usually harvest time too, so he said no, plus I don't think he's all that enthused on being with my family that long. :rotfl:
We are all excited. We gave some disney gift cards and other cruise goodies for christmas this year.

I guess it's better if someone doesn't really want to be there that they not go. It might be too much of a good thing for your DH, ;). Plus, I imagine he would worry about the farm and not have as good a time as he should, considering the amount of money it costs to go on the cruise.

Giving the gift cards and other Disney goodies for Christmas was a great idea. I plan to make my DH and I some matching pjs out of Disney fabrics, and will be on the hunt for some fun tee shirts and other "cruise wear" to make the wait more bearable. Such a long time until November!

:goodvibes
Alexa

I guess it's better if someone doesn't really want to be there that they not go. It might be too much of a good thing for your DH, ;). Plus, I imagine he would worry about the farm and not have as good a time as he should, considering the amount of money it costs to go on the cruise.

Giving the gift cards and other Disney goodies for Christmas was a great idea. I plan to make my DH and I some matching pjs out of Disney fabrics, and will be on the hunt for some fun tee shirts and other "cruise wear" to make the wait more bearable. Such a long time until November!

:goodvibes
Alexa

I think he may be having second thoughts abhout it. I did tell him he needs to decide sooner than later if he wants to be added.
But we may do a cruise with him this spring too.

My husband and I are considering this cruise. He is currently deployed to Afghanistan and we are looking at doing this cruise without the kiddos because we are also planning on staying a few extra days at a resort and then running the wine and dine half marathon the following weekend. I'm trying to figure out the details and we'll know for sure! Look forward to getting to know you better!
Cara

My husband and I are considering this cruise. He is currently deployed to Afghanistan and we are looking at doing this cruise without the kiddos because we are also planning on staying a few extra days at a resort and then running the wine and dine half marathon the following weekend. I'm trying to figure out the details and we'll know for sure! Look forward to getting to know you better!
Cara

I hope it all works out for you!

My Fiance and I are on this cruise for part 1 of our honeymoon!! I'm a first time cruiser, so we started off with a shorter one in case i don't like it - but the more i read about cruising, i'm pretty sure it's a lifestyle to which i would like to become accustomed ;)

Super excited for this!

My Fiance and I are on this cruise for part 1 of our honeymoon!! I'm a first time cruiser, so we started off with a shorter one in case i don't like it - but the more i read about cruising, i'm pretty sure it's a lifestyle to which i would like to become accustomed ;)

Super excited for this!

Welcome! You will have so much fun...where is the 2nd part of your honeymoon taking place?

Welcome! You will have so much fun...where is the 2nd part of your honeymoon taking place?

we're doing an AKL/Poly split stay. We're getting married in WDW so we're going to let our families and friends enjoy the parks for a few days before we come back for 6 more nights, hopefully we'll have some alone time by te time we get back.

we're doing an AKL/Poly split stay. We're getting married in WDW so we're going to let our families and friends enjoy the parks for a few days before we come back for 6 more nights, hopefully we'll have some alone time by te time we get back.

Thats awesome

Hi-
We will be on this cruise (followed by 9 days at WDW). But probably no FE or meets for us as we're sailing as part of the WDW Radio show podcast group with Lou Mongello. This year's cruise had around 400 people and numerous events specific to our group, plus many of the people we met this year will be sailing again, so I'm anticipating a VERY busy cruise for us already!

I've been on five DCL cruises (and 4 non Disney) and will be on the Fantasy next April so this will be my 7th Disney cruise. Plus I'll have experience will all four ships by the time we sail. Happy to answer any questions people might have!

I am going for that reason too!:woohoo: We are Deck 6! What is your box name?

We've booked as part of the WDW Cruise as well. I'm Two_Eagle_Mom in the box, but don't log in or talk much on there. It will just be myself and my DH, our boys (21 and 25) will be staying home. We had to postpone from an April sailing on the Fantasy because my job is ending in March. We'll be celebrating my 50th birthday (which would have happened in April - but I'm postponing that as well). Our plan is to come in a day or so before the cruise so we don't have to panic about our flight and then stay a couple of days afterwards to cheer on some friends doing the Wine and Dine Marathon.

My husband and I will be on this cruise. It'll be our first, and we're very excited. Our grandchildren will be there, too, with their parents. I'm wondering if a couple of old fuddy duddies will feel out of place?

We'll also be spending a few days at DW after the cruise.... again, our first time. I'm going to be scouring these forums to find out all the information I can about what others have done and recommend. I feel like such a kid as I think ahead to planning :-).

Alexa
Alexa - This will be our second cruise as old fuddy duddies, we had a blast last time and didn't feel out of place at all! You will have a fantastic time. The boards are a great place to get tips and suggestions.

I sure wish it was Nov. already. Watching the Fantasy come to NYC makes me long to be on a ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter