Nov. 28, 2009 Western - Post Thanksgiving Relaxation Cruise

Hi everyone!
My DD would like to post a hello so here she is...
This is so cool:cool1:.I am going on vaction in 24 days.:banana:.Ilike to use the little faces like this:jumping1::rainbow:.I am supposed to say hi. So,hi.:wave2:

Wow!!! One month until Cozumel AND one month until my eighth wedding anniversary!!! Hubby and I will be celebrating by doing an ATX rail expedition.

:welcome:Martian767 and crew. On page 1 of this thread is a Getting To Know You (GTKY) list of questions. We are also planning a DisMeet at the Promenade Lounge onboard on the 1st day at 2:45. jd99 (jeff) is the one to contact if you think you would like to join us. There are also people in our group who are doing the Fish Extender (FE) thing. Nessa is in charge of the list for this.

General GTKY…
1. Where do you live? I live in Illinois, my husband lives in California. Been living this way for nearly three years and hoping the housing market will rebound soon so we can live together again.

2. Are you married? How long? Yes, for eight years on December 1st. We were married at the Wedding Pavilion with the reception at the Grand Floridian.

3. Do you have any children? Ages? Nope.

4. Do you have any pets? Yes, three dogs. Hate to say it, but they are my children

5. What do you do for a living? Work? Stay at home? I am an office manager for a foot doctor and a physical therapist. Hubby is Director of Investor Relations for a pharmaceutical company.

6. What is your favorite movie? Chicago

7. What is your favorite book? All four books by Jen Lancaster (Bitter is the New Black; Bright Lights, Big A**; Such a Pretty Fat; Pretty in Plaid)

8. What is/are your favorite TV show(s)? The Office (though I believe it has "jumped the shark") and basically just about anything on Food Network.

9. What is your favorite food? Beef.

10. What type of music do you listen to? Do you have a favorite group/singer/band etc.? I pretty much listen to anything, but my favorite group is Five for Fighting.

11. Where did you do your schooling from? Only some college education through community college and one year at the University of San Diego.

12. Do you like sports? What's your favorite football team? Yes, hockey. Chicago Blackhawks, of course!

13. How many siblings do you have? One brother.

14. Did you always want to be a XXX? (your profession) Chef or nurse.

15. What do you like to do in your spare time? I participate in endurance events (5K to half marathon) to the best of my ability.

16. Any interesting places that you've traveled to lately? Most interesting place was Scotland.

17. Any particular cuisines or dishes that you like the most? Italian.

18. What is your attitude when it comes to money? Are you a spender or a saver? Depends. If we're going on vacation, I'm a saver for the few months preceeding vacation. Otherwise, I'm an admitted spender. I'm working on that though!

19. What does your name mean? Who is like God.

20. When is your birthday? April 11th

21. What is your zodiac sign? Aries

22. What are your preferences when it comes to clothes and fashion? Casual, very casual.

23. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Introvert.

24. Are you an outdoors person? Yes.

25. Are you an adventurous person by nature or do you prefer playing it safe? If I feel that the adventure is safe, then I am adventurous (i.e., zipline, dune buggies, etc., etc.).

26. How was your childhood like? Only a few complaints, otherwise uneventful.

27. Post a recent picture of yourself.... I would if I could figure it out!!

General GTKY…
27. Post a recent picture of yourself.... I would if I could figure it out!!

You need more posts in order to post a picture. (Not sure how many, maybe someone else does.) Then you have to post a picture on an internet photo site (photobucket is one) then put the link in your post.

Just back from a 10 hour day at Disneyland. My mother in law was visiting from Colorado and wanted to take the kids - but my youngest daughter was coming of a 3 day fever so she and my son stayed back with DH so I was lucky to just have my 7 & 8 year olds with DMIL. So nice to be stroller free at the park! And must say makes me VERY excited for the cruise. The girls were so excited to see the princesses and other characters and I can't wait to see how excited they are for a whole week of Disney!

Going through photos and then to bed - busy week.

One month from today..

Another relaxing day at sea

Perhaps time for a massage?
Brunch at Palo?
A wine tasting?
A cooking workshop?
Tea with Alice?
A getaway to the Quiet Cove pool?
Watching the little ones come down the Mickey Slide?
A Mickey Mouse ice cream bar? or two?
Drink of the day?

I repeat, let's go NOW!!!!!!!!!

Nessa I sent you a pm , wow time is getting really close still havent done any packing but maybe will start today! Have all my ding reservations done for when we are in disney and all the shore excursions done so Im a little organized lol!:cool1:

Nessa I sent you a pm , wow time is getting really close still havent done any packing but maybe will start today! Have all my dining reservations done for when we are in disney and all the shore excursions done so Im a little organized lol!:cool1:

I can't believe how time is flying by! I finally got around to getting our care rental today. Now I'm putting all our info in a folder so I don't forget anything - I am getting so excited :banana::banana::banana: K- Here's our info:

General GTKY…
1. Where do you live? We live in Woodbury, MN
2. Are you married? How long? Yes, for 16 years.
3. Do you have any children? Ages? 3 - 2girls ages 15 and 12, and 1 boy age 9

4. Do you have any pets? Yes, 2 dogs (dachshunds).

5. What do you do for a living? Work? Stay at home? I am a SAHM who sells on ebay and DH is a bill collector ;0)
6. What is your favorite movie? IDK -- I love all Harry Potter movies

7. What is your favorite book? Again, Harry Potter

8. What is/are your favorite TV show(s)? My new fave show is Vampire Diaries (love Damon!), also Amazing Race, Survivor, Desperate Housewives

9. What is your favorite food? PIZZA

10. What type of music do you listen to? Do you have a favorite group/singer/band etc.? I love 80's bands- esp. Motley Crue. Gotta meet Nikii Sixx last year :love:
11. Where did you do your schooling from? Dh and I didn't go to college-- but u can bet my kids are going

12. Do you like sports? What's your favorite football team? Only if my kids are playing
13. How many siblings do you have? Dh and I both have 2 sisters

14. Did you always want to be a XXX? (your profession) I wanted to be a travel agent-- but ended up staying home when my kids came along

15. What do you like to do in your spare time? cross-stitch, ebay, sweepstakes
16. Any interesting places that you've traveled to lately? last vacation was Disney Cruise was 2 years ago
17. Any particular cuisines or dishes that you like the most? just discovered Sushi-- but only have tried crab so far

18. What is your attitude when it comes to money? Are you a spender or a saver? I will gladly spend money on vacation-- but anything else I can be kinda cheap. I finally broke down and bought new dishes cuz half of ours were broken. Now I'm thinking a new hamper-- it is 16 years old :rotfl2:

19. What does your name mean? IDK

20. When is your birthday? July 11th

21. What is your zodiac sign? Cancer

22. What are your preferences when it comes to clothes and fashion? jeans or capris, casual
23. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? def. Introvert.

24. Are you an outdoors person? no

25. Are you an adventurous person by nature or do you prefer playing it safe? playing it safe
26. How was your childhood like? normal

27. Post a recent picture of yourself.... i will try ;0)

Forgot to add : 24 more days til I am on a plane :cool1: I'm sure they serve a turkey dinner with all the trimmings right?:rotfl:

Just want to check if we are included in the FE? I signed up awhile ago, but want to make sure ;) Thanks :flower3:

Welcome to those just now wandering over!!! :yay::yay::yay: Fun to read the new gtky's!

The closer it gets the more I can't wait :laughing:

Hey, is breakfast a sit down table service affair (seated at your table with your server etc) or only buffet or fast style? Lunch?

Welcome to those just now wandering over!!! :yay::yay::yay: Fun to read the new gtky's!

The closer it gets the more I can't wait :laughing:

Hey, is breakfast a sit down table service affair (seated at your table with your server etc) or only buffet or fast style? Lunch?

You can do breakfast and lunch either way. There are sit down opportunities, buffet opportunities and grab and go as well. Whatever you choose.

Jeff....are there specific seating times for breakfast according to dinner seating (main, late etc.) Did that make sense?? lol...Or are there just certain bfast hours at the sit down restaurants? I only see people talking about the bfast buffet, and quick service...never sit down bfast/lunch....

I can't believe we're in the final "weeks" countdown!!! AAAAAAAHHHH! I could burst with excitement!

I tried to change our cabins today (because when we booked the DCL CM told me that we were "close to each other"...when really we were on opposite sides of the boat...*doh*) so that we would be closer to my sister and her family...The online reservation system has a tab that says you can change your stateroom and that shows you which ones are available in your category. Fine. So Jen and I both go online and we plan to switch to two cabins right next door to each other. We chose them, and press save. Then Jen notices that the her stateroom reverts back to the original number next time she logs in. Mine switches one down from the original one.

UGH. I had originally planned to do it on the phone because Jen was leary of the online system. I was confident it would work online. I guess I was wrong....hehe...

I called (I tried earlier and it was busy, then an hr wait--I didn't realize everyone was calling to book the Dream)...and she said she couldn't see the two staterooms that were showing available next to each other and that the best she could do would be 3 rooms down. Fine. I book that. Sadly, the "new" room she gave me has a connecting room....but someone is already in it. Who would want a connecting room if they aren't going with anyone??? There are plenty of Cat. 8's available...can't they move that person...?? ;) Anywho--we're closer to each other now...and I guess I'll just keep checking back to see if the other rooms becomes available....

Thank you for the warm welcome

I am new to posting so bear with me (what are pms)

yes we are definately interested in the fish extenders but am at work so will let you know room number later

my sister in law is joining us on this cruise i will check and see if she is interested as well

thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter