Nov. 28, 2009 Western - Post Thanksgiving Relaxation Cruise

If you were in stateroom 8080 ... "Hello, neighbor!" Everytime my husband saw you that is all he would say. I'm just so happy he was finally able to recognize someone and remember where he saw/met them. :rotfl2:

Yep that was us!

Oh how cool! You know I thought you were on the disboards because you mentioned the ship had a brig and a morgue! :rotfl2:
Turns out that the couple that was harassing DH was flagged by Disney. They weren't allowed to order any more alcohol. Apparently they were in the adult area attempting to get people to buy them drinks. And one of the other people DH was chatting with told him that the woman was purposely trying to fall down in the bathroom and hurt herself so she could sue Disney. :sad2:

And to make it even worse, these weren't young adults. He said they were easily in their 50s and their son that was with them was 31. :sad2:

OMG - How did I miss this? I didn't spend a lot of time at the adult pool but I did go there a number of times. Didn't notice this kind of bad behaviour, but I did notice a lot of parents having their kids come into the pool area to "meet" them. First time I've seen that before since my kids are never allowed there.

Hello All,
Had a great time on the cruise, all of us did. As for those intoxicated adults, I saw them several times when I would retrieve my Mom from the smoking area. They were intoxicated from the moment they woke up till the moment they passed out. At one point the male did a face plant on the deck as he was so intoxicated (he was escourted back to his room in a wheelchair by Disney). I heard his wife had to receive IV treatment for her behavior. They never went to any dining rooms, left the ship, nor any shows. Not sure why they chose Disney. Can't image what their bar bill was. By the way, they are both bus drivers for a school district in PA (watch out).
Great to meet so many of you,
Kim

Hello All,
Had a great time on the cruise, all of us did. As for those intoxicated adults, I saw them several times when I would retrieve my Mom from the smoking area. They were intoxicated from the moment they woke up till the moment they passed out. At one point the male did a face plant on the deck as he was so intoxicated (he was escourted back to his room in a wheelchair by Disney). I heard his wife had to receive IV treatment for her behavior. They never went to any dining rooms, left the ship, nor any shows. Not sure why they chose Disney. Can't image what their bar bill was. By the way, they are both bus drivers for a school district in PA (watch out).
Great to meet so many of you,
Kim
:scared1::scared1::scared1: Now that is scary.

We landed in snow but otherwise the trip home was fine. We even got over to the Kennedy Space center for a few hours after leaving the Magic. It was so nice meeting everyone- thanks for all the cool FE gifts, too! I know Eliana had a great time with Erin, Kim. I have some cute photos to email you- just finishing photoshopping everything today and tomorrow... Thank you all for all the good hints and advice too- we had a fabulous time and the kids are of course already asking when we can go back (not sure, exactly, but maybe sometime after David's Bar Mitzvah (May 2011).

Just curious, is there a separate place to post photos from the trip?

--Suzanne :^)

Suzanne,
Erin has already been asking me to set up an email address for her so she can try and get in touch with Eliana. Amazing how quickly they can form friendships. I have a nice picture of the 2 of them on the stairs also. Not sure where to post pictures, but hopefully someone will know. Keep in touch.
Kim
:goodvibes

It's so c-c-c-c-c-old here. It's hard to imagine I was splashing in the purdy waters at Castaway Cay just 3 days ago. Ahhhh if I could bottle up that sunshine, and warmth...

It was so nice meeting you all...and I loved that from the second we stepped into the terminal it was full of "friends"....I loved seeing everyone around....:) I wish we could have spent some time together...but I understand with all the hussle and bussle of the vacation. It was great to get to spend some time with you Shelley...and fam. It seemed like we were on the same "schedule"....;) Can you believe we survived the Tequila tasting?? hehe

We didn't book onboard...as we don't know if/when we'll be able to cruise in the near future...but I will say I'm already jonesin' to go back.

Belle went off to school today with tears (hey, stop that...they are going to get angry with me for pulling you out if you can't adjust back in...hehe)....and the kids are already asking to go back. It was so sad when they waved at us leaving the boat...

Can't wait to hear the details of eveyones trip....

Sorry I haven't been able to check in earlier. I flew to Chicago Sunday night and just got home. Leave Monday for Sioux Falls, SD - yeah. Why can't I go to warm places in the winter? :confused3 It managed to get above 0 today....yes I said 0!! What a shock to go from 80's to 0! Annemarie was crying during the last night during the show. She was also sniffling when we were walking down the gangway. She's the sentimental one obviously. Really enjoyed spending time with you and Jen too. I think I would've been a gonner if I would've had one more tequila! I think we will have a wait at least 2 years before we go again. Really like the idea of an adult one. Hey Steph....there's an idea!

Hey shelly! :)

Hey, did anyone ever hear the story with the crew member who had to be taken off the ship by the coast guard? We watched the cutter come up to the ship etc--it was wild. I hope the person is okay.

Hey, did anyone ever hear the story with the crew member who had to be taken off the ship by the coast guard? We watched the cutter come up to the ship etc--it was wild. I hope the person is okay.

I was just thinking about this today too.

All I heard was what they announced overhead - that a crew member fell ill overnight and needed hospital attention. I couldn't find anything on the internet. I hope he/she is o.k. too!

I'm hoping to win the lottery tonight so that I can have my stateroom attendant move in with us. I REALLY miss having someone clean up after me every day! Denita rocks!

I even have a picture of Nessa and her husband. Once I upload it to photobucket I will post it. The wedding was beautiful (we peeked over our balcony) and Nessa was a beautiful bride. :bride:

I can't wait to see them. I didn't get a chance to meet her at all during the cruise. Thanks for doing that!

Hey Shelly!

Yeah...we're eyeballin' a RC cruise, for just the adults...you should join us....:) We haven't gone anywhere without the little since Belle was 2 (5 day cruise)...I think we're about due...;)

Hiya everyone else! How are you adjusting back to real life?? It's though...but we're getting in the Holiday spirit...embracing the freezy temps...hehe

I wrote a lil trip report. Feel free to share any of your pics over there--I'd love to see em'...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2348587

Just got back today.

The FE was super. (Had to ship all the stuff home from WDW there was so much). Great to meet some of you.:thumbsup2

My 10 days at WDW after were great also.:woohoo:

Talked to the Capt and all he would say was the man needed surgery and they had received word it went well.

Just got back today.

The FE was super. (Had to ship all the stuff home from WDW there was so much). Great to meet some of you.:thumbsup2

My 10 days at WDW after were great also.:woohoo:

Talked to the Capt and all he would say was the man needed surgery and they had received word it went well.

That is real strange, we talked to the Captain too and he said that within an hour of being back on the mainland he was much better! Mmmm...

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter