Not to be second-guessing myself or anything...

ptrbryant

DIS Veteran
but I just realized that we could stay at the Marriott Orlando World Center Resort [which I've heard fabulous things about] for $5 more per night than at POR. Hmm, we've always stayed on-site at WL/VWL and have always said we'd never stay off-site. We'll have 4 nts. at Saratoga Springs and I have the next 3 nts. booked at POR [with no codes, it will be our first MOD stay). Our dates for POR are May 20-23 and we're planning on attending the Star Wars Weekend events at MGM all weekend.

Honest opinions, please!

Thanks!
Karla B. :flower: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :flower:

I can't count the number of times I stayed at the World Center on family trips as a kid. We always stayed there, and we loved the pool slide, the glass elevators, etc. (My dad traveled a TON, so we always used his Marriott points for our vacations.)

Now that I'm an adult and on my own, we've been staying on property. While the Marriott is very nice, I would still keep your reservations at POR. The drive can sometimes be a bit tiresome, and it just isn't very "Disney". It could be at any other locale in the US - but POR can only be found in the World!

Hope this helps (I'll admit - I'm hooked on staying onsite!).

Have not stayed at the Marriott, however I have stayed offsite at the Grand Cypress and it was fab - but we spent ZERO time there so not worth it at all. I'd stay onsite and enjoy POR - beautiful resort!

I would not consider staying offsite because of all the "perks"...But if you plan to do anything else in Orlando maybe you might want to try it.

POR is a nice resort. I don't know about the orlando hotel you mentioned but I wouldn't give up staying on site especially if thats what you are used to.

Whatever you decide, have fun in WDW!

If you are planning on doing mostly WDW things during the trip, then DEFINITELY stay on site. Even though it is a distance of less than a mile or so--it makes all the difference in the world. Just look at the difference in convenience from the resorts that are "park" resorts liike GF, YC etc,. then from a WDW resort that is not near a park like the value, moderate, etc resorts,
But, if you are going to be doing Universal, SeaWorld, etc., then stay at the Marriott. You will not need the WDW park property advantage and you will have a bigger room!

so I think my first choice is the correct one: POR!!! It sounds like there's a lot to like at the Marriott World Center, but as an earlier poster said, it could be Anywhere, USA.

Staying put!!!

Karla B. :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

ptrbryant said:
so I think my first choice is the correct one: POR!!! It sounds like there's a lot to like at the Marriott World Center, but as an earlier poster said, it could be Anywhere, USA.

Staying put!!!

Karla B. :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:
Yep! We've stayed at the Marriott World Center and a POFQ. While the Marriott was nice (and free to us) I think you will be much happier at POR :) .
Oops, hit the button too soon. ETA: If I was given a choice between the two, I'd stay on site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter