Norwegian dropping vaccine requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
But crew members don't test three days before boarding and allowing any of them to work after a positive test would be very irresponsible. So, we might still see more frequent crew shortages if Covid-19 spreads on ships more than it already is.

We shall see. I don’t expect It to be a problem, likely they will stop testing them as frequently as they do.

Carnival announced welcoming unvaccinated passengers and dropping testing for sailings under 16 nights starting 9/6

MIAMI, Aug. 12, 2022 – Carnival Cruise Line today announced protocol updates that meet public health goals but recognize the evolving nature of COVID-19. With these changes, America’s Cruise Line is making it easier for more guests to sail with simplified vaccination and testing guidelines, including no testing for vaccinated guests on sailings less than 16 nights, and eliminating the exemption request process for unvaccinated guests, who will only need to show a negative test result at embarkation. All new guidelines are effective for cruises departing on Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2022 or later, and include: .

• Vaccinated guests must continue to provide evidence of their vaccination status prior to embarkation. Pre-cruise testing is no longer required, except for cruises to Canada, Bermuda, Greece and Australia (per local guidelines), and on voyages 16 nights or longer.

• Unvaccinated guests are welcome to sail and are no longer required to apply for a vaccine exemption, except for cruises in Australia or on voyages 16 nights and longer.

• Unvaccinated guests or those who do not provide proof of vaccination must present the results of a negative PCR or antigen test taken within three days of embarkation.

• All policies are subject to local destination regulations.

If we were being really really honest with ourselves, the truth is that if the end game goal was reduced infections on cruise ships then they would require pcr testing at the port and totally disregard vaccinations.
I would take that deal. Unfortunately, those tests cost the cruise companies a fair bit of money and the added stress of at-port testing turned a lot of people off of cruising and so the cruise lines don't want to do it. If we can't have at-port tests, then requiring up-to-date vaccines is a second best approach. It would be even better if the CDC actually allowed us to get boosters, though.

There wasn’t any major staffing issues on the Magic last week. In fact the staff was annoyingly attentive in cabanas The only place they seemed stressed was the promenade lounge and Sports bar. They need to train some of their wait staff to pour drinks.

Testing 3 days before you board is essentially useless.
Especially when you hear about people really letting it loose after they test. How many times have I read “we’re gonna test once we land in Orlando and then head to Walt Disney World for a day or two before we go to port”. I mean heellllloo?!!!

Especially when you hear about people really letting it loose after they test. How many times have I read “we’re gonna test once we land in Orlando and then head to Walt Disney World for a day or two before we go to port”. I mean heellllloo?!!!
Very true. We had one family head to Disney Springs the day before the cruise. So even though they were all tested within three days, they could still bring the virus on board. The testing does probably reduce people with COVID coming aboard, but it certainly doesn't stop it and once on board it will spread to crew and guests.

That is our exact plan. Test then 2 days at WDW, Halloween party included!

you might be getting more than candy at that party lol

We have been going to the parks multiple times event the year with 3 kids. Not a single time anyone has come home with any symptoms of anything. Even in July when case numbers were higher again. No masks no vaccines and what not.

For the amount of people in the world the percentage with covid is still incredibly small.

I like that a ton of posts were deleted from this thread (including mine, I’ll admit) and people are still debating Covid lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter