Non Genie+ Days

Were the Touring Plans estimates close or overestimated too? Did you do any preplanned itineraries? I'm curious how your actual waits compared to predictions. I used Touring plans for our 2018 trip and was pretty impressed that our actual waits were very close to the predictions but so much has changed, I'm nervous about how it will fare this trip.

Touring Plans is definitely pretty accurate.

I don't do pre-planned itineraries because my family would riot. So, I kind of have a head plan of what I think we should do and then guide them that way.

And the morning I wasn't with them (took a nap after the half marathon), I gave them pretty clear instructions of where I thought they should go.

Our last trip was right before Thanksgiving, and we skipped using Genie +. Just judged wait times based on what we felt like doing. I watched the times in both Genie & TP. For the record, I do love what TP has to offer. It was my first trip with TP and I found it easy to use and slightly more accurate much of the time.

Our approach is very laid back 'whatever' for the most part tho, which is not what everyone is looking for. By the last day of our trip things started to get REALLY busy for the holidays, to the point where it may have simply been TOO busy for Genie + to be optimal anyways. Not much use if all the slots are taken for the entire day! We did all 4 parks that way, and for us, it was perfectly fine without it. If you're a cram everything/do everything/go go go style tho, skipping Genie+ may be a poor choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter