Non-Disney wedding at Disney?

We really aren't having a lot of disney elements going on in our wedding either... DF family though the same thing about mickey giving us aware and things of that sort! Most of our friends haven't really said a whole lot about it though!! Just the other day one of my friends at work was talking about how exciting it was getting married there and all and a new nurse made the comment on how childish it was and that was the first time I really experienced that!! All I could say was how it wasn't her wedding!! How rediculous.. its our day not theres! lol :rotfl:

I had a friend who was in my wedding put it down for the disney elements.

Sure we had Mickey and Minnie on our cake and I had a Hidden Mickey in my flowers. But that is all of the DIsney Elements I had. Oh yeah and the Mickey Programs, but I still had an elegant Beach wedding that had very little to do with Mickey Mouse!

My MIL laughed right out loud when we told her we were getting married at WDW. Then came the Mickey question!

I left in tears with my DH trying to console me and cursing about his mother. We still 'laugh' at how she reacted. She also did no part of the planning and couldn't even make her own reservations to go to FL. My very helpful SIL made sure she got there and booked her room and flight.

Other than that hurtful reaction everyone else was wonderful. So many people thanked us for letting them experience a WDW vacation and we got to spend more time with our small party of 25 people than we would have at a giant at home reception.

I have this problem too. We love Disney and are getting married in Disney, but there will be no Mickey's and no Disney related decorations. I now just tell people that we're getting married in Orlando, b/c everytime I said Disney they assumed that I was getting married in front of the castle with Cinderella's coach and everything! It was getting very annoying and frustrating. When I went to my planning session this past week, my planner said it's refreshing to have someone who doesn't want things all decked out with Mickeys. While there's nothing wrong with that and it's beautiful, it's just not me. So, it was nice to have support from them as well :-)

You'll be fine! Just hang in there!

I had the exact same reaction. My family was completely on board but DH's family was not. They are Catholic and could not understand why anyone would want to get married at Disney, they could not imagine how it would be at all.

Fast forwarded and people are still talking about how amazing and beautiful our wedding was. We didn't have anything 'Disney' about it, just a small little wedding at the Grand Floridian. The only bad part is that Disney gets credit for a lot of the work I did on my own our used outside vendors for but oh well, it was still amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter