Non Disney w/ EMH????

LWatson

I Still Do!!!!
Someone mentioned to me that there are non disney hotels (other than SOG, Swan and Dolphin) that are allowed to participate in EMH. Could someone verify if this is true or not and what hotels they are if it is true?

The only other one that comes to mind is the DTD Hilton.

You can also always get access by booking a throwaway campground reservation. That together with a top-notch offsite resort can sometimes still be less expensive than a comparable unit onsite.

According to the Birnbaum Guides book for WDW, the non-Disney hotels that have access to EMH are: the Swan, the Dolphin, Shades of Green, and the Hilton on Hotel Plaza Boulevard (near Downtown Disney).

According to the Birnbaum Guides book for WDW, the non-Disney hotels that have access to EMH are: the Swan, the Dolphin, Shades of Green, and the Hilton on Hotel Plaza Boulevard (near Downtown Disney).

This is exactly right. :thumbsup2

The other DTD hotels used to have access to EMH, but the DTD Hilton is the only DTD hotel that can use it now (Swan, Dolphin & SoG as well). One word of advice - be sure to get a room key for every person in the room, even children, since each person will need one to show to get on rides.

I checked Fort Wilderness and it was 63 a night but great idea. i am going to price it with a dp and see what it comes to

We are doing this for the 4th of July. we are a party of 7, renting a house off-site. EMH is until 2 am on the fourth at MK. With the crowds we will need the extra time. I got the campsite for 63.15. Remember, than you are an on site guest, so you park free. So deduct the parking fee, it brings it down to49 dollars or so. Plus we can go and use the pool in the afternoon, if we want to take the chance of not getting back in. That make it about 7 dollars a person, so for us a great deal. I know some one is going to flame us for using a camp-site and not camping, but I told the CM on the phone and she said that it was a great idea, and I was not breaking any rules. Good Luck.

I do not see what the issue would be as long as you were paying for it you are not stealing the extra hours or anything. :confused3

I do not see what the issue would be as long as you were paying for it you are not stealing the extra hours or anything. :confused3

Some people get upset because they feel that a campsite is being taken away from someone who is actually going to use it.

We are doing this for the 4th of July. we are a party of 7, renting a house off-site. EMH is until 2 am on the fourth at MK. With the crowds we will need the extra time. I got the campsite for 63.15. Remember, than you are an on site guest, so you park free. So deduct the parking fee, it brings it down to49 dollars or so. Plus we can go and use the pool in the afternoon, if we want to take the chance of not getting back in. That make it about 7 dollars a person, so for us a great deal. I know some one is going to flame us for using a camp-site and not camping, but I told the CM on the phone and she said that it was a great idea, and I was not breaking any rules. Good Luck.

So if you do this do you have to check in? Sounds interesting, would love to know how you plan on doing this.

too many guests did this to get free dinning -so disney does not offer free dinng to camping guest any longer.

that is why others get mad - some people ruin it for others.

that say Disney is still getting their money - so they shouldn't get upset.

also look at the value resorts sometime with the special you can get one for $49 to $79 and they do have DDP.
you have to buy DDP.

Pat, free dining has never been offered for the campgrounds AFAIK. The cabins, yes, but not the campgrounds.

And, if you book a room/site and pay for it, you can use it for anything you want---including not using it at all. It is yours to use as you wish.

So if you do this do you have to check in? Sounds interesting, would love to know how you plan on doing this.

Yes, you would have to go to the campground and actually check-in. You need to get your KTTK cards to use for EMH.

Pat, free dining has never been offered for the campgrounds AFAIK. The cabins, yes, but not the campgrounds.

And, if you book a room/site and pay for it, you can use it for anything you want---including not using it at all. It is yours to use as you wish.

early disney offered it to anyone on Disney property included the campgrounds - but it was only offered to them for the first year. after that disney changed their policy - because of people doing that.

We have 7 in our party. If you book a value you would have to book 2 rooms. Except for the camp ground and a few of the very expensive villas, no where can you put 7 or more people. You can have up to 10 on a camp ground site.
We will check in at 7 am and get our KTTK cards, either park in the holding lot and take the boat over to MK, or drive to TTC and park. (parking will be free.) I had to list everyone's name. Those are good for EMH until July 5th in our case at Midnight. We will get them on July 4th. When I was talking to the cm, she said that they quit the dinning program for the camp ground, because a few people booked free dinning for a tent site and stayed off site. It was a very good deal when you figure a camp site could hold 10 people. As soon as Disney caught on to that, they ended the free dinning for the campsites. People will say you are taking a site from someone who really wants to use it.. They had the same choice to book the reservation when I did. Summers are very busy at WDW, you have to plan. I do not feel bad at all.

The reason people get upset has nothing to do with free dining. People get upset because these cheap tent sites are few and far between. Especially since Disney has refurbed many of the loops to concrete slabs that you can't stake a tent into. Some people prefer tent camping, others can't afford to go to WDW any other way. It frustrates campers to be shut out of the dates they wanted only to find out that somebody else booked a site and didn't actually use it.

We have 7 in our party. If you book a value you would have to book 2 rooms. Except for the camp ground and a few of the very expensive villas, no where can you put 7 or more people. You can have up to 10 on a camp ground site.
We will check in at 7 am and get our KTTK cards, either park in the holding lot and take the boat over to MK, or drive to TTC and park. (parking will be free.) I had to list everyone's name. Those are good for EMH until July 5th in our case at Midnight. We will get them on July 4th. When I was talking to the cm, she said that they quit the dinning program for the camp ground, because a few people booked free dinning for a tent site and stayed off site. It was a very good deal when you figure a camp site could hold 10 people. As soon as Disney caught on to that, they ended the free dinning for the campsites. People will say you are taking a site from someone who really wants to use it.. They had the same choice to book the reservation when I did. Summers are very busy at WDW, you have to plan. I do not feel bad at all.

Although your sentence about "they had the same chance I did" may be true it still doesn't make it right. If you're going to take a site away at least post that you will have a site available for someone who may want it. 4th of July is a very big time at FW and we see sites empty knowing they're booked solid and now we know why. I call it cheap people taking away fun from someone else.

You can also always get access by booking a throwaway campground reservation.

Throwaway campground reservation....interesting. And yet so irritating to those of us who really camp and need that campsite. I wish disney would put a stop to this.

You can also always get access by booking a throwaway campground reservation. That together with a top-notch offsite resort can sometimes still be less expensive than a comparable unit onsite.

This is why we have to book reservations over a year out to get the holiday weeks for Fort Wilderness.

Maybe the OP can stay at the throwaway Hilton instead. It looks like the same price to me based on holiday rates at FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter