Non Disney Timeshares

We stayed at Vacation Villages over the 4th of July last year. We got the whole week on a last call deal. Here is my review: Vacation Villages Review

There are a few restaurants that you can walk to from the resort. You can also make use of restaurant delivery services and/or Publix delivery service.

View attachment 379036

We had our own car and appreciated being able to drive to and from the parks on our own schedule. But in my review, I did post an example of the shuttle availability from Vacation Villages.

I always wondered how VVP was. After reading your review we probably will go there in the future. Any other advice???

So I was asking about parking fees because I have a friend that will using a timeshare this fall and I was just gathering information for her.

I love staying onsite. I’m planning an onsite trip for end of summer, but was thinking of purchasing and annual pass with my reward points. My timeshare is not DVC but it is part of RCI. So I was just trying to figure out where I might stay in the future if I get an annual pass. I don’t want to drive anywhere. When I go to Disney I like not having to think about anything. I like parking at my airport and then forgetting that I even know how to drive!

Vacation Village is one of the resorts ive considering but without a car I’m not sure where I’d eat if I wasn’t at Disney. I don’t want to cook on vacation either. I’ve seen resorts that look nice, with bars and restaurants but no transportation (Orange Lake etc) or places with shuttles but no bars or restaurants (Vacation Village etc). Are there any that have both?? That are nice???

I have an RCI timeshare and have used it several times to stay at Saratoga Springs. Disney does charge a hefty $190 resort fee for a week, however.

There are many timeshares near Disney, but not wanting to drive means you will have to accept some tradeoffs.

These days you can use Uber and Lyft to get around for a lot less than a taxi, which makes it easier to go car-less. But you have to pay for those services.

The closest RCI timeshare to the parks that is not Disney is Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It has restaurants and bars and limited shuttle service (that you pay for.) I would recommend using uber and lyft and the Minnie Van service from there.

I always wondered how VVP was. After reading your review we probably will go there in the future. Any other advice???

When we got there we requested a nature or pool view room. Of course, it may not be granted but we were happy that our request was followed. We loved our view/location.

We stayed in sherton vistana there are two properties. I think it was 199 for 4 days we really liked it. I would still go with uber or Lyft most hotels use the same shuttle service. There can be a lot of stopping

We've done Silver Lake-super close to Animal Kingdom but was only mildly happy with the resort itself.
Summer Bay-nice resort, but a pretty good drive to Disney.
The Fountains-great resort, a bit of a drive. They have shuttles, but you are on their schedule, not yours.
Sunshine Resort-would not consider with a Disney trip, too long of a drive.

With Disney parking prices and the need to a rental car, we're finding it not too much more expensive to just stay onsite and forgo the rental. None of the 4 resorts we have stayed at had shuttles at frequent enough intervals to keep us comfortable, but it has been so long Uber/Lyft didn't exist yet.
Hi, we are staying at Silver Lake next month. Was there something specific you didn’t like about it? Any recommendations for which building to request, or maybe avoid?
Thanks!

Hi, we are staying at Silver Lake next month. Was there something specific you didn’t like about it? Any recommendations for which building to request, or maybe avoid?
Thanks!

It's been awhile. The 2 issues I remember is our room wasn't ready at check in-it was more than 2 hours late being ready. The pool hours were short during the visit also-never got to swim as we were at the parks.

It's been awhile. The 2 issues I remember is our room wasn't ready at check in-it was more than 2 hours late being ready. The pool hours were short during the visit also-never got to swim as we were at the parks.
Thanks for the update, We are checking in a little later so hopefully that won’t be an issue. I was a little worried about cleanliness from some other reviews, glad to see that didn’t seem to be an issue for you. I see you’re from KY, me too! Thanks again

We stayed at Silver Lake last year. We loved it. We were in room 701 which was right across the street from the pool. There in May, had no problems with pool hours. Had a rental car so not sure if there are shuttles. Very convenient location. Turn left and go about a mile and you are on Disney property by Animal Kingdom. Turn right go about 1/2 mile and you are on the main drag of non Disney restaurants, grocery stores, etc. Have a great trip.

We stayed at Silver Lake last year. We loved it. We were in room 701 which was right across the street from the pool. There in May, had no problems with pool hours. Had a rental car so not sure if there are shuttles. Very convenient location. Turn left and go about a mile and you are on Disney property by Animal Kingdom. Turn right go about 1/2 mile and you are on the main drag of non Disney restaurants, grocery stores, etc. Have a great trip.
Thank you! And thanks for the driving tips

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts