Non Disney Laundry Service

grapefruitjellybean

Mouseketeer
Hi friends! I’m going for 3 weeks and we are 3 adults and 2 kids. Naturally I’m not going to pack enough clothes for the whole trip. I’m also not the type of gal who wants to spend a resort day doing laundry and I don’t want to spend a million $$$ on laundry valet through Disney.
So here’s my question: can I outsource laundry to a laundry service? Will I be able to drop off a bag in the lobby and have a service pick it up and drop it off? Will the front desk help me with that? Can anyone recommend a laundry service?
Thanks!

I'm sure you can get this done, but I doubt the front desk will want to babysit a bag of dirty laundry. You'll probably need to meet whatever service to hand it over.

We did laundry earlier this month while we were at there and it really didn't take much time. The machines were right by the pool and there's a website that lets you know when the machine finish. We found it super easy and didn't take long. The machines were much faster than the ones at home.

We did laundry earlier this month while we were at there and it really didn't take much time. The machines were right by the pool and there's a website that lets you know when the machine finish. We found it super easy and didn't take long. The machines were much faster than the ones at home.
I also do laundry while I am hanging out at the pool. The machines are usually not busy mid day and so it is easy to use a couple machines and get it all done at one time. 45 minutes for the wash and the dryers are super hot so it doesn't take much longer then 20-30 minutes to dry. It really does not take that much time to get the laundry done, IMO.

I barely do laundry at home so why would I start on vacation? I also don’t put my clothes in the dryer so finding a service with air dry is essential.

There is a facebook group of former (and probably current now that parks have opened since covid) castmembers who do everything from designer cakes and cookies, to princess makeovers, to matching shirts and I bet someone has something like this set up (or would start something like this given the idea). I don't believe I can share the facebook group link but search for Ear for Each Other in facebook search.

There is a facebook group of former (and probably current now that parks have opened since covid) castmembers who do everything from designer cakes and cookies, to princess makeovers, to matching shirts and I bet someone has something like this set up (or would start something like this given the idea). I don't believe I can share the facebook group link but search for Ear for Each Other in facebook search.
Cool thanks.

I hope you found a good laundry service. I have never tried one; home or on vacation, but it sounds like a good thing!
I have never had good luck washing clothes at WDW. I have tried mornings, middays and evenings and always find the laundry rooms packed with people waiting for their turns. And the app was never correct letting me know how many/which machines are available.
Good luck! Clean laundry is important!

I hope you found a good laundry service. I have never tried one; home or on vacation, but it sounds like a good thing!
I have never had good luck washing clothes at WDW. I have tried mornings, middays and evenings and always find the laundry rooms packed with people waiting for their turns. And the app was never correct letting me know how many/which machines are available.
Good luck! Clean laundry is important!
Thank you for validating my decision :)

I barely do laundry at home so why would I start on vacation? I also don’t put my clothes in the dryer so finding a service with air dry is essential.
Laundry services is one thing but can you find one that will air dry? That you would trust to actually do that?

I've never heard of a laundry service that air drys! Most don't have the space. Please update if you find one.

Laundry services is one thing but can you find one that will air dry? That you would trust to actually do that?

I've never heard of a laundry service that air drys! Most don't have the space. Please update if you find
The Laundry Room in Orlando! They have hang dry option on their website. Reviews are pretty good too. They will come to a Disney hotel for pickup and drop off.

The Laundry Room in Orlando! They have hang dry option on their website. Reviews are pretty good too. They will come to a Disney hotel for pickup and drop off.
Everything? That’s got to be a big space to hang everything at once.

I’m also not so trusting of folks actually doing that.

Few items yes. All of them? I have very little faith in most services people these days. Sad but fact

I do hope it works out for you

I’ll with you, I don’t do laundry at home much less on vacation. DH does laundry at our house. He does a couple loads at Disney most trips. At night when we are resting at the resort, getting ready for the next day. Doesn’t interfere with anything, parks are closed, it’s after dinner, before bed. It’s small enough at a time he can even hang my skirts and his shirts that we don’t dry right in the closet

Everything? That’s got to be a big space to hang everything at once.

I’m also not so trusting of folks actually doing that.

Few items yes. All of them? I have very little faith in most services people these days. Sad but fact

I do hope it works out for you

I’ll with you, I don’t do laundry at home much less on vacation. DH does laundry at our house. He does a couple loads at Disney most trips. At night when we are resting at the resort, getting ready for the next day. Doesn’t interfere with anything, parks are closed, it’s after dinner, before bed. It’s small enough at a time he can even hang my skirts and his shirts that we don’t dry right in the closet
The kids clothes get her thrown in the dryer. My clothes and my partners’s clothes get air dried. I’m not going to send off anything that will devastate me if it got ruined, definitely not wearing anything designer to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter