Non-Aulani celiac-friendly (or generally food allergy-friendly) recs?

Yep just figured I would check to see if any of the people who had allergies who were commenting may hopefully had teens based on the conversation of restaurants. Since we saw some restaurant places and took notes on that figured same subset of people doesn't hurt to ask -- food issue families tend to be aware of these things in a different way then general population.
FYI - there was NO yogurt bar last week at all! It seems it closed, so maybe that's why you had only vague help? Because they knew they were closing it? I asked someone at Laniwai if non-teens could go just to purchase yogurt and leave, and she said they had closed it and moved all soft service to I guess Ulu. Looks like it's been removed from the Painted Sky section of the web-site too.

We usually get a 1 bedroom DVC with a kitchen, but DD15 has tree nut, peanut, egg, and dairy allergies. We have had good luck at Monkey Pod and have had some really good dinners at Sushi Yuzu, which has a number of good Japanese dishes apart from its sushi. We have also had good luck at what used to be the Marriott next door. Perhaps the Four Seasons will have some options. I believe there is a Mexican and Pizza restaurant in the same shopping area, but am not familiar with there handling of allergies/celiac.

FYI - there was NO yogurt bar last week at all! It seems it closed, so maybe that's why you had only vague help? Because they knew they were closing it? I asked someone at Laniwai if non-teens could go just to purchase yogurt and leave, and she said they had closed it and moved all soft service to I guess Ulu. Looks like it's been removed from the Painted Sky section of the web-site too.

Okay THIS totally just made my day. One less thing to worry about with my teen with food allergies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter