NOBODY IS MORE SURPRISED THAN US! GKTW alumni return! 10/21 MOVING DAY!!

I'm here! I'm so excited for you. You guys are going to have so much fun! I love researching to find things to do on vacation. Can't wait to live vicariously as this adventure takes shape!!
Thanks for being here Dawn! We feel so blessed to get to do it again! The unexpectedness of it all is what shocked us too! I would have been crushed if the coworkers had grabbed it up before us! I agree, the planning is all part of the fun. :thumbsup2
Isn't it just great how the Lord sends us things just at the right time? I'm praying for good health for everyone for the next 86 days and a wonderful trip.
Debbie, it was really just the PERFECT timing! Had we been at the show, we might have missed out on the chance to book the resort before someone else did! 86 days of health would be a HUGE blessing!
Thank you so much for the PM to let me know about this thread. I have been worried. I was without power for 22 hours from Monday morning until Tuesday morning due to a sudden storm with 70 mph winds. When I logged on I couldn't find your TR.
I am so happy that you get to go to Florida again.:cool1: My soon to be (step)nieces were just talking about GKTW yesterday. They went about 8 years ago with their half-brother on his MAW trip. They are 18 & 20 now and just loved it there. We were planning my soon to sister-in-law's bridal shower and naturally the talk soon turned to Disney!
I am so happy you are here and I am sorry you were without power! It must have been miserably hot. :hug: I hope you haven't had too much damage. The storm that blew out our electrical "stuff" had gusty winds and damaged the children's playhouse...only the girls play in it now, but they have been sad about it. Pete and David are going to try and repair it. SEVENTY mile winds, I am thankful you are okay! These storms have been so frequent this year! GKTW is such a magical place and it changes your life, so gad the new step nieces enjoyed it...they wouldn't recognize it now so much has changed...how exciting a wedding to plan/be a part of. :yay:

I will be back for more responses, I need to try and get some sleep. So thankful you are all finding us again! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Well, I have this great article that the local paper did about Loren.

Here is the latest picture of the house. At least now there are no more looters or squatters. To me this is the picture of progress. They are starting part pf the rebuild. They are going to remove the upper floor still because there was a building flaw and frankly it was a bit burned too. They are waiting on the trusses to do that part. Now I have the arduous task of picking out all of the things I want.

That was a great story about Loren, Michele, Thank you for sharing it with us! :goodvibes

As you know,we had so much destroyed in our house fire, there was nothing left to loot, but we did deal with the voyeurs who wanted to "see" our misery. I am truly sorry you are dealing with this but excited about the new changes that will occur to your house as you alluded to in your email! :yay: Yes, the rebuild has you picking SO many things, glad to know they are on schedule...ours were the stereotypical contractors, always behind!

Hope today will be a happy day for you!

Judy, I am so excited for your family! I have been at our lake cabin a lot, where we have no internet (and I like it that way). I keep trip reports in my favorites and your report was gone when I finally decided to check on them. So glad to see you have started a new one and you get to go back! I love keeping up on your family and all the stuff that's not about trips too. Sorry Lisa hasn't been feeling well, but God works in mysterious ways. How sad it would have been to miss out, and tell Pete's brother to ask you first next time.

What a nice article about Loren! I am glad to see some progress is being made on your house. I hope things stay on schedule so you can be back home very soon.

The wedding was very unique. The redwoods were beautiful, and the kids had a great time hunting for banana slugs, which seemed to be everywhere (yuck!). My niece got married in a park and then we all walked up to the picnic tables where they had grilled chicken and beef. The family had made several types of salad to round it out, and everyone's favor was a little bag with s'mores makings to use over the fire pit. The kids had a blast doing that, as well as climbing on the fallen trees and using them as nature's playground. It had rained all morning but cleared up right before the wedding so we didn't get poured on, thankfully. It was very chilly, but the fire pit helped warm things up. I must say that having the new van versus our old Camry made a huge difference in how comfortable we were for the trip. It turned out to be about 56 hours of driving because of construction delays and it was so nice not to be on top of each other. I am amazed at how huge our wonderful country is, and thought a lot about the early settlers making that trip with their wagons instead of an air-conditioned vehicle!

Hope Lisa is much better today. Elisabeth is mailing her a letter, so maybe that will help cheer her up a bit.

It turned out to be about 56 hours of driving because of construction delays and it was so nice not to be on top of each other. I am amazed at how huge our wonderful country is, and thought a lot about the early settlers making that trip with their wagons instead of an air-conditioned vehicle!

I just drove from Denver to KC and back last weekend and remembered thinking the same thing across Kansas...Can't imagine that ride on a wagon and a team of oxen.

Jill in CO

Hi! Thank you for inviting me! I will try to do a better job of following along and posting! CONGRATULATIONS on your new trip...Could not have come at a better time for you all! Can't wait to see all the fun!!!
Glad you are here...EVERYBODY is always welcome, there truly is room for everyone! :goodvibes The timing truly was perfect. It is fully how the devil tries to tear you down and the Lord picks you back up. Sign in anytime you are able! :lovestruc
WOW!! Judy how exciting!!! What a awesome blessing! :banana: That's great that the kids can be involved in some of the planning and help mold and shape the trip.

Sorry you dad can't join, I wish things were different.... but it is good to know that you have an amazing hope! :)

Thank you for being here and for being happy for us! It is a HUGE blessing and we are so thankful!! :cloud9: The children are so happy, it was just so out of the blue and totally unexpected. My Dad is very content to be at home, so at least he doesn't feel as if he is missing out on anything. So much to think about and plan! :yay:

I'm here!! (Haven't read yet, but I'm here!!!) :banana:
YEA! :yay:
I'm am beyond excited for you!!! You guys so deserve this trip!! I'm glad that it's helped perk Lisa up for having to miss out on her performance. You guys are going to have a great time! Good luck getting some time to volunteer at GKTW!!

Good luck with the potty training!! I've been through it twice in the last couple years and am getting ready to start #3 on his training (he's starting to ask to use the potty). (Just waiting until we get back from my parent's house on July 7.) The first one was a little harder than the 2nd but I'm sure Annabelle will get it because it was my girl who was easier than my boy!! Good luck!!
Thank you for being happy for us Sandra, I love how so many are excited and not jealous of our trip. I was surprised at how many GKTW shifts were already taken! We will get there one way or another.

Potty training :eek:... again, I don't miss those days. I hope it all goes smoothly for you as well and that you are able to report back it went quickly! :thumbsup2
What a great article Michele! It brought tears to my eyes! I'm so glad your son was awake and had the sense to wake you all up and help get you all out safely!!
SUCH a blessing!

I tried to PM OR email everybody that I thought would be interested in our PTR. I did NOT exclude anyone, if your email or PM didn't go through I am so sorry, but my emails, computers and phones have all been giving me misery the past month. It ISN'T intentional!!! I have had three different folks JUST THIS WEEK say they have either NOT received my messages or I didn't receive theirs. PLEASE understand and sign on anyway. As I said, everybody is welcome and you don't have to wait on an "invite" I just know most of us don't have time to spend hours on the computer and reports do get missed. That was the only reason I sent out the link. Thanks for understanding! :flower3:

Judy, I am so excited for your family! I have been at our lake cabin a lot, where we have no internet (and I like it that way). I keep trip reports in my favorites and your report was gone when I finally decided to check on them. So glad to see you have started a new one and you get to go back! I love keeping up on your family and all the stuff that's not about trips too. Sorry Lisa hasn't been feeling well, but God works in mysterious ways. How sad it would have been to miss out, and tell Pete's brother to ask you first next time.
Thank you so much for being here. I would NOT be on the Internet if I was at a lake cabin either, too much fun to live behind a computer! Thanks for understanding about the missing TR, it just had to be done. It was funny, we have told BIL multiple times if he didn't want to use it to tell us, we would ALWAYS use it! :thumbsup2 Not sure if he was at work when he realized the dates were near and just told everybody or what, I am simply thankful my email let me see it at the right time! God truly IS good, I wish more folks would rely on Him for their strength.

What a nice article about Loren! I am glad to see some progress is being made on your house. I hope things stay on schedule so you can be back home very soon.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

The wedding was very unique. The redwoods were beautiful, and the kids had a great time hunting for banana slugs, which seemed to be everywhere (yuck!). My niece got married in a park and then we all walked up to the picnic tables where they had grilled chicken and beef. The family had made several types of salad to round it out, and everyone's favor was a little bag with s'mores makings to use over the fire pit. The kids had a blast doing that, as well as climbing on the fallen trees and using them as nature's playground. It had rained all morning but cleared up right before the wedding so we didn't get poured on, thankfully. It was very chilly, but the fire pit helped warm things up. I must say that having the new van versus our old Camry made a huge difference in how comfortable we were for the trip. It turned out to be about 56 hours of driving because of construction delays and it was so nice not to be on top of each other. I am amazed at how huge our wonderful country is, and thought a lot about the early settlers making that trip with their wagons instead of an air-conditioned vehicle!

Hope Lisa is much better today. Elisabeth is mailing her a letter, so maybe that will help cheer her up a bit.
Sounds like a wonderful time and different than a cookie cutter wedding!! FIFTY SIX HOURS!!! Wow! PTL for your Van and the room to spread out that must have made things a lot more bearable! Lisa was coughing a lot this AM, but is better right now thanks for asking. She will be happy for the letter! :goodvibes

I just drove from Denver to KC and back last weekend and remembered thinking the same thing across Kansas...Can't imagine that ride on a wagon and a team of oxen.

Jill in CO
That sounds miserable doesn't it??? :faint: I am sore just thinking about it!

These are pictures of the villa we stayed in last September, it was GORGEOUS and we really enjoyed it. There were two master suites, two mini washer and dryers, 2 kitchens...it was fabulous!

file_zpsb2204f60.jpg

file_zps712636c7.jpg

file_zps98c10506.jpg

file_zps8dceeade.jpg

file_zps20f46baa.jpg

file_zpsdf7a6b23.jpg

file_zps7c511b37.jpg

file_zps7d1b72d5.jpg

file_zps98d30bd0.jpg

file_zps4f64fd86.jpg

file_zps312c7b99.jpg

file_zps0131552e.jpg

file_zpsfdc264da.jpg

file_zps11c477e7.jpg

file_zps58a17386.jpg

file_zps559ab4a5.jpg

file_zps6439d698.jpg

file_zps79a19579.jpg

file_zps7d153e93.jpg

file_zpse28ecae5.jpg

file_zpsdf77d227.jpg

file_zpsd539803a.jpg

file_zpse44a284d.jpg

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47185920&postcount=119

We have requested the same accommodations, it was perfect; however, we will simply be happy to be there, no matter what!

file_zps3910b733.jpg

file_zps2bd1f3e2.jpg

file_zpsbfb54e8d.jpg

file_zps9c5c7860.jpg

file_zps35b15d35.jpg

file_zps48fd6d9f.jpg

file_zps6969b1dc.jpg

file_zps5a3be37b.jpg

file_zpsf9305c64.jpg

file_zps85e34291.jpg

file_zps9f3a5b35.jpg

file_zpse13ccaca.jpg

file_zps1699e236.jpg

file_zps002d8102.jpg

file_zpse7ca6251.jpg

Beautiful resort. Last year you felt you got a bonus with both rooms. Will you get that same set up? That was so nice and spacious for you all.

What a great article Michele! It brought tears to my eyes! I'm so glad your son was awake and had the sense to wake you all up and help get you all out safely!!

He isn't sure he likes all the attention.

That was a great story about Loren, Michele, Thank you for sharing it with us! :goodvibes

As you know,we had so much destroyed in our house fire, there was nothing left to loot, but we did deal with the voyeurs who wanted to "see" our misery. I am truly sorry you are dealing with this but excited about the new changes that will occur to your house as you alluded to in your email! :yay: Yes, the rebuild has you picking SO many things, glad to know they are on schedule...ours were the stereotypical contractors, always behind!

Hope today will be a happy day for you!

We are really lucky with our contractors. The owner of the company is a really nice guy. He is a family man and a Disneyland fan to boot! He is one of the contractors that the insurance company brought in. Thank you. Most days are happy days. We were blessed with the fact that the most important things were saved were the family two and four legged.

The projected date for completion is October 21st. If they stick to schedule we will be home for the fall holidays. That makes me happy.

Sounds like it was kind of a fun wedding. Thankfully the rain stopped. I cannot even imagine riding cross country in a wagon. That had to have been miserable.

We are really lucky with our contractors. The owner of the company is a really nice guy. He is a family man and a Disneyland fan to boot! He is one of the contractors that the insurance company brought in. Thank you. Most days are happy days. We were blessed with the fact that the most important things were saved were the family two and four legged.

The projected date for completion is October 21st. If they stick to schedule we will be home for the fall holidays. That makes me happy.

Sounds like it was kind of a fun wedding. Thankfully the rain stopped. I cannot even imagine riding cross country in a wagon. That had to have been miserable.

Wouldn't that be awesome to be HOME for the holidays!

I clicked on the link this morning for Loren's article. It gave me today's headlines. It's probably right in front of my face and I'm missing it?

Love all the pictures of last year's villa! I bet you all can't wait to get back there! Have you started a countdown calendar yet?

I clicked on the link this morning for Loren's article. It gave me today's headlines. It's probably right in front of my face and I'm missing it?

Michelle that is so odd. It works just fine for me. I tried sending you the link that works for me on Facebook today.

The same thing happened to me.

Praying your house gets done on schedule--or even ahead of schedule!!!

Bill and I are on the road to a marriage retreat in Gulf Shores so I will be having to catch up later! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!

The same thing happened to me.

Praying your house gets done on schedule--or even ahead of schedule!!!

Bill and I are on the road to a marriage retreat in Gulf Shores so I will be having to catch up later! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!

Have fun!!

Beautiful resort. Last year you felt you got a bonus with both rooms. Will you get that same set up? That was so nice and spacious for you all.

Actually you get side A and Side B....It will be the A side that has a master suite, jacuzzi, full bath, W&D, Full kitchen and Dining/Living area ad balcony. We will have the entry hall, which is perfect to store Lisa's W/C. Side B will be essentially the same but with a Kitchen stove top, no oven, Might have a Queen or King Bed and might have
another W&D. Definitely has the same living space. Both sofas make into Queen sleepers. It is quite plush and the resort has lots of pools, playgrounds, activities and more. We are feeling so blessed!

Loren (and all of you) have been through a lot. He must think what would have happened had he not gotten to you all in time, scary stuff. I truly hope they get you in by the projected date, what a wonderful gift that would be to be able to celebrate the holidays in your own home!! But you truly DO know what is important, so thankful your lives were spared, including your fur-babies. So happy your contractor is good!

I hope you got to read the article Michelle, it took me a bit to get it large enough, but I clicked on the link then clicked on the title and finally had it large enough to read. It was a nice tribute to Loren. :goodvibes

Oh.....I am so thrilled for your family!!! And so glad you are staying the same place. It's fabulous. You will be there when we usually are (for our anniversary) but we will miss it this year.

Tink...when are you coming through NC? I'm 4 hours from Judy. Would be great if we could all gather for a dis meet if noting but for lunch or dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter