nobody answers...

Correct however since DVC still takes monthly dues payments and member services is run with our dues
they should not have furloughed anyone?

DVC CMs are employees of Disney and we contract them to provide the services. DVCM has no authority to furlough or not furlough anyone,

Any savings from furloughed CMs will be reflected in a potential credit towards next years MFs,

Okay I think I get it. Member services is still up and running. I guess Disney has deemed them essential workers and were not furloughed. I know a lot of cast members working at or for the resorts like buses,front desk,housekeeping, recreation,boats,stores and restaurants are furloughed but I thought member services was not part of that. I thought they were part of Disney Vacation Development not Walt Disney World.

Okay I think I get it. Member services is still up and running. I guess Disney has deemed them essential workers and were not furloughed. I know a lot of cast members working at or for the resorts like buses,front desk,housekeeping, recreation,boats,stores and restaurants are furloughed but I thought member services was not part of that. I thought they were part of Disney Vacation Development not Walt Disney World.

MS is up and running, but the number of CMs were reduced and some were furloughed. Many, if not all, are working from home so that is part of why, I think, we see some issues with dropped calls, etc.

I think though, we are getting to a point where WDW is starting to bring back CMs. Many park workers are being recalled starting soon with the goal of end of June for all F/T in that union to be back.

I stopped calling and did on line chat. Not a bad wait and got done what needed to be done on 4 different reservations. One rented 3 family

I stopped calling and did on line chat. Not a bad wait and got done what needed to be done on 4 different reservations. One rented 3 family

I tried that as well. The DVC website now says online chat is unavailable. It did pop up once, only to take me to another page and throw me out.

Back to hitting redial ..........

Edited: I finally got through! I'm on hold - and hopeful :rolleyes: I don't get hung up on (already happened once).

Patience is good, patience is good !

Last edited:
DVC CMs are employees of Disney and we contract them to provide the services. DVCM has no authority to furlough or not furlough anyone,

Any savings from furloughed CMs will be reflected in a potential credit towards next years MFs,

MS CM's are Disney employees? For certain? I would not expect that.

I expect it for housekeeping, lifeguards, security etc but not something that is specific only to DVC like the MS CM's.

MS CM's are Disney employees? For certain? I would not expect that.

I expect it for housekeeping, lifeguards, security etc but not something that is specific only to DVC like the MS CM's.

The is what I was told...they are employees of TWDC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter