No standard view rooms at WL 1/1-1/7

Mouse-n-Mini

DIS Veteran
I called earlier and a CM told me there are no standard view rooms at WL for 1/1-1/7. What would you do? It's a whole $65 extra a night for woods view...yeah right! That's crazy talk. I'm not going to wdw to look out the window at some trees, I just want a room an affordable room at my fav. resort. What would you guys do? Give up on WL and consider AKL or a mod, or will a standard view open up do you think? Let me have your input.

I am going through the same problem, except for trying beginning of December. I was told to keep trying to call every day! Cancellations open up all the time.

Pixie dust coming your way for good luck!! :wizard:

I would seriously keep calling. You know how people make ressies all the time and then cancel because they decided on a different resort. I did this myself 3 times before I decided on the WL. So keep calling!!!!

I ran into this problem last year and was able to book on-line at 5:30 am EST.
I was told that canceled reservations from the day before were processed nightly and made available early in the morning. On-line reservations is open at least an hour prior to CRO.

I'd book whatever I can afford and keep trying for my first choice. Heck, by the time the trip rolls around, you may have decided you want another resort anyway. It's possible something could open up, but I'd have a back up plan. I call at least once a day.

I always check to see if some of the nights are available, and consider booking some of those ..... and deciding how comfortable I'd be switching rooms or switching resorts during my trip and gambling that I could get exactly what I want. Sometimes there's just one or two nights not available.

That said, WL standard view rooms are grabbed up quickly because it's the most reasonable way to spend time in a deluxe resort. You're going to be there during a quieter time, however. It's possible some of the travel agencies have rooms allotted to them that will be turned back in to Disney when it gets closer to January. Good luck! We love WL.

No advice for you really, but I can sympathize. We're planning a trip for January and need 3 rooms. We wanted WL Standard (not willing to pay for courtyard or woods) for Jan 23-28....NO LUCK!! Fortunately, our dates were flexible so we went with Jan 30-Feb 4 and could get the rooms.

I agree with everyone else....keep trying, chances are something will open. I just decided to grab the rooms since I need 3. I figured I had less of a shot at getting lucky with cancellations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter