No pen or paper in Villa any more?

Bobbi, time to start using the Notes feature on your phone. That's what I had to do at OKW last month.

I love those little pads of paper and also the paper coasters. When we were at VGF earlier this year I called and asked for them. They brought me a set of both. I bring them home with me and use them to take messages on at home. I smile when I use them!

Bidets for everyone.

I don't understand those things. We recently spent time in Europe...never used them. The little "tea towels" that were hung next to them were very perplexing. What was I supposed to do with them after use? Eew.

Bobbi....I was very upset about the pads/pens. I always leave notes for the housekeepers....a nice note with a tip. I'm kind of bitter....my dues went up because they are paying the housekeepers more...don't want to leave a tip any more....and now, I don't need to leave a note either. I wonder when they will take out the room phones.

I've also noticed that there are no more trash/recycle rooms at some resorts. We cook a lot in our villa and don't like to leave stinky garbage overnight. I was told by a CM from the service dept when I was searching for a trash room one night to just stick it in one of the cans by the elevator.

I used to tell my husband I needed to go to DIsney to restock my pen/Paper supply at home. What excuse can I use now for my Disney vacations? Miss the pens!

I used to tell my husband I needed to go to DIsney to restock my pen/Paper supply at home. What excuse can I use now for my Disney vacations? Miss the pens!
Lol. When they can't even supply pen and paper is toilet paper next. Only one roll per week and a charge for the second roll

We noticed the same thing at AKL and BWV last month. I needed to write a note to mousekeeping with their tip. I ended up writing on some of the promotional stuff left in the room. I still miss the good old days when there was stationary in the rooms.

Do they still supply coasters? I sure hope so or the furniture will get ruined from all the glass rings. This seems to be the ultimate in penny pinching. Did anyone ask for pen and paper? Maybe they are available on request.

There were paper drink coasters at BWV back in February 2019. I remember because I used one to write notes on since the paper tablet was MIA. Still had them in our king room at the Dolphin though.

Do they still supply coasters? I sure hope so or the furniture will get ruined from all the glass rings. This seems to be the ultimate in penny pinching. Did anyone ask for pen and paper? Maybe they are available on request.
o_O
We just left BWV Tuesday - no coasters, no pads, no pens. We tend to jot down grocery items when we think of them, and having to take out one of our phones each time is just annoying. We'll keep a notepad in our Owner's Locker from now on. Side note, when we asked the FD for directions to Orlando Premium Outlet (near Universal), we were told they don't have the directions because everyone uses Google Maps. Sorry, but those who have used pen & paper know that those are so much more convenient & easier to use than "notepad", and decent printed directions are often better than Google Maps or Waze (e.g., Google maps said to go straight at a fork in the road o_O). Pens & paper don't affect your phone battery either.

Last edited:
We just left BWV Tuesday - no coasters, no pads, no pens. We tend to jot down grocery items when we think of them, and having to take out one of our phones each time is just annoying. We'll keep a notepad in our Owner's Locker from now on. Side note, when we asked the FD for directions to Orlando Premium Outlet (near Universal), we were told they don't have the directions because everyone uses Google Maps. Sorry, but those who have used pen & paper know that those are so much more convenient & easier to use than "notepad", and decent printed directions are often better than Google Maps or Waze (e.g., Google maps said to go straight at a fork in the road o_O). Pens & paper don't affect your phone battery either.

Question, did you ask for pen, pad of paper and coasters? Just curious if they are available on request. I read on another thread that someone had written a phone number in an end table. I would hate to see that happen.

Yes I agree with your, we have GPS in our car and we set it when we are going somewhere new but I still like to have my handy trusty map so I know where I am and how much further I have to go. I guess it the visual/bigger picture for me.

No pens and paper, no alarm clocks, no individual soap & shampoo bottles, no bed sheets, no towels, etc.

Ok...I sent an email regarding no paper or pen. My response today

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your interest in your missing items and will be happy to assist you.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If your room is missing any items, please contact Housekeeping and they will bring this item to you.

Disney Vacation Club values our Members' feedback and would appreciate you taking a moment to fill out a survey on the service I provided you today.
Please click on the following link to complete our survey. https://www.disneysurveys.com/wix/p22093388.aspx?AGT=Larry

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Thank you and have a magical day,
Larry
Member Services | Online Communications
Disney Vacation Club

Visit www.MyDisneyExperience.com before your next visit to the Walt Disney World® Resort to start exploring new MyMagic+ options such as MagicBands, Disney’s FastPass+ service, and Memory Maker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!