No Orcas, No Bears, No Fly! But Why?? Disney Wonder Alaska VIDEO/PICS/NAVS/MENUS/MORE

Have been enjoying your report, Ashley, but I want to hear about the CRUISE!!!

We leave tomorrow and will be on the ship next week!! :banana:

I love your location....I am from Missouri and everyone thought MO was Michigan or Mississippi. :)

Jill in CO

Great report! I'm enjoying your time in Seattle so much...can't wait for the cruise! I actually just booked one of those tours because yours looked like so much fun!

Great report! I'm enjoying your time in Seattle so much...can't wait for the cruise! I actually just booked one of those tours because yours looked like so much fun!

That's great! I know you will have a great time! I should have the first night...and maybe some more of the cruise posted by tonight! I am getting ready to write the last part of the 10th!

I am also scanning Navigators and everything so if anyone is interested in those I will have those up, I am not going to put them in the TR, but I will have links so those that want to see them can!

As we were making our way through the market on our way to Safeco, I looked up and there is another pig!

Day3_74.jpg

I sure do feel like a pig after everything that we have eaten! I bet you guys think I eat like this all the time! Only on vacation...I promise! So onward to meet Pixie08 who is also going to the at the game with her DH. We are supposed to meet them at "The Pen" which is like this really cool area at Safeco right behind the bullpens (where the pitchers warm up before and during games). They have food there, no...we aren't eating anymore food right now! We had arranged to meet up at the fire pit at 12:45 because the game started at 1:10.

Day3_80.jpg

We are trying to get there rather quickly, our tour didn't end until 12:00, and as I am walking through, I hear someone calling my name! She saw me and got my attention and we chatted and watched the pitchers for a bit before the game started! It is so much fun getting to meet people through the Disboards, especially people that love Disney at much as we do!!

We said goodbye to them and headed to our seats for the last game of the 3 game series and had to take the obligatory photo of ourselves in our seats! We have a photo like this from all 15 of the ball parks that we have been to!

Day3_77.jpg

I know you guys are dying to find out about the cruise so I am trying to make this short and sweet! So, long story short, Dodgers WIN again!! We said goodbye to Safeco Field and headed for the LINK back toward the Hotel!

Day3_75.jpg

By the time the game was over it was about 4:15 and we knew it would take us a bit to get back, so we decided to head on down to the place we had picked out for dinner. I know, I know..more food. So we took the LINK as far as it would go which is Westlake and had to change over to the Streetcar which goes from Westlake to South Lake Union. They come pretty often but I still had time to take a photo while we waited!

Day3_81.jpg

Jeremy also had time to be silly! He always has time for that!

Day3_82.jpg

We had chosen to go to...you guessed it...another Tom Douglas place. The Brave Horse Tavern. They supposedly had these amazing Sunday Fried Chicken Dinners, which was like a 3-piece pickle-brined fried chicken, twice baked potato, broccoli bacon & cheddar ice-box salad, and bourbon-laced cornbread for $14! That sounded like something we didn't want to miss! So we hopped on the Streetcar and rode it down there, got out walked up to the door....and...they were closed for a private event! We were so sad :sad1: Now what were we going to do?? We sat on a bench outside for a little while trying to figure something out. Then we just got back on the streetcar and headed back toward the hotel. I was looking up places on my iPhone, menus and such and so we called Etta's to see if they had any reservations...they didn't have one until 8:00, it was 5:00 now and that was a while away and believe it or not we were actually hungry already. So then Jeremy called Seatown to see if we needed reservations and if there was a dress code or anything, to which the hostess replied, "Just wear clothes". I'm pretty sure we can do that, so off we went!

I wanted to order Steamed Clams, but sadly they were out. This is where you may start to pick up on the fact that everything I planned on this trip...was not going to work out the way we thought. So for dinner I ended up ordering Tri-Tip and Jeremy ordered the ribs and as a starter we just got some Dahlia Bakery Bread which came with lardo to spread on it...I think this town wants me to have a heart attack! The tri-tip was so delicious, this is all that was left...Absolutely Nothing!

Day3_84.jpg

We then ordered dessert...of course right! I got the Peanut Butter Pie and Jeremy the Coconut Creme Pie!

Day3_87.jpg

Day3_88.jpg

Before our desserts made it to our table we noticed some guys sitting outside on their patio and they had gotten the Chicken Pot Pie...Apparently we ordered the wrong thing because these guys were literally licking their chicken pot pie pans clean...Now those must have been good! I then heard Jeremy say, "That's one big walrus!" I was like what?? I then turned around to see this above my head!

Day3_85.jpg

Geez the funny things in life that amuse us! Back at home Jeremy and I have a contest every time we eat out and basically, it is to see who is the better orderer of food! Today, I won hands down! The tri-tip was fantastic, along with the smoke potato salad and asparagus that it was served with, I'm sure you could tell by my plate! The chocolate PB pie was another clear winner. Jeremy's coconut creme pie was still really good at about an 8 out of 10! He was sad about losing. It usually happens that way though...

Day3_89.jpg

I was so happy that some of Jeremy's silly rubbed off on me!

Day3_86.jpg

Now thoroughly stuffed, we slowly walked our way back to the hotel to relax a little. On our way out, Jeremy said, "psst...isn't that Tom Douglas at the bar?" And it totally WAS! I would have taken a photo of him but by the time he said it to me, I think it would have been a little tacky to turn around, whip out my camera and take a photo of him while we was having a beer at the bar of his restaurant. It was so crazy that with the Brave Horse Tavern being closed and us having to choose a different restaurant, (out of the 12 he has), that we happened to choose the one he was at! What a great way to end our day! Tomorrow we embark on our WONDERful Disney Cruise to Alaska!

I love the food reviews almost as well as the cruise...don't hurry on my account. :)

Jill in CO

I love your location....I am from Missouri and everyone thought MO was Michigan or Mississippi. :)

Jill in CO

LOL!
We are going to Missouri tomorrow, catching a SW flight out of Lambert Airport in St. Louis!

Cheaper and direct flight - better than anything I could find closer to us!

LOL!
We are going to Missouri tomorrow, catching a SW flight out of Lambert Airport in St. Louis!

Cheaper and direct flight - better than anything I could find closer to us!

Nice...I used to fly out of STL all the time when I/my folks lived outside Columbia.

Jill in CO

Navigators are being Loaded if anyone wants to see them, the links are on the very first post. I also put up some of the other sheets for any interested parties! There are Spa Brochure, Liquor Prices, Shopping Promotions, Voyage Navigator, Theatre Schedule, and Stateroom TV Listing, Etc!

We made it! Today is the day we embark on our Disney Wonder Cruise! We have been looking forward to this trip for a while now! Our very first Disney Cruise and we are over the moon excited about it! I woke up early yet again, seems like it may be a theme on this vacation, which is totally fine with me! So at 6:45am we are now re-packing to make sure everything is in its spot to get put on the ship! I am making sure I keep my FE in the carry-on so I can hang it as soon as we get to our room! We also still needed to put our luggage tags on our 2 bags.

The high today in Seattle is 72 degrees and sunny! That means we should have great weather for the Sail Away Party! We have a DIS Cruise Meet-Up at 3:15 in the Promenade Lounge before the Muster Drill, so it looks like we are in for a full first day on the ship!

You will never guess where we went for breakfast this morning? Ok...maybe you will. We ended up back at Dahlia Bakery for a third straight day in a row. It IS really that good, if you are looking for a quick breakfast in downtown Seattle. We got our breakfast to go and headed back toward the Hotel to Catch the Monorail to Seattle Center. All I kept hearing in my head was, "Please Stand Clear of The Doors, Por Favor Mantengase Alejado De Las Puertas" even though it didn't really say that. Before we left home I had looked up the opening times for the Space Needle, and I recalled it saying at 9:00am but when we got to the Monorail, they had the hours posted and it said that it opens at 10:00am on Mondays! We decided to just go ahead and ride the Monorail to Seattle Center anyway and just walk around for a bit and take some photos and video! We got off the Monorail and walked down the ramp, I turned backward to take a quick shot of the station

Day4_2.jpg

As we walked down a little bit farther we noticed that it let you off right in front of the Space Needle! There was already a line queueing up so we just decided to skip it for the moment and just look around a bit more, but not before I took a picture of course!

Day4_1.jpg

We saw the outside of the Chihuly Garden & Glass which had just opened up, we purchased tickets online as a combo pack for that and the Space Needle, we are going there the day we get back from the cruise since we have another entire day in Seattle! So we kept walking and headed in the direction of the Pacific Science Center. Leave it to Jeremy to find a funny photo op!

Day4_4.jpg

There were a lot of cool animal sculptures outside of the PSC and He just couldn't resist the urge to hug that whale tail! Hopefully we will being seeing more of those in the near future! The real kind though...not the fake ones!

Day4_6.jpg

At about 9:20 we thought about it and realized that we didn't need to stand in line for Space Needle tickets! We already bought them online, all we had to do was go on in. We noticed people already going up at 9:30, so we headed back that way, not before I took some video and a photo of the Needle with the Sun!

Day4_3.jpg

Pre-purchased tickets are the way to go! We really didn't have to wait at all in the HUGE Space Needle line, we walked right up the ramp, had our photo taken, got in the elevator and really quickly were looking out over the city! The first thing I wanted to see when we got up to the top was the Wonder! It was such a pretty day out we had a clear view of it!!

Day4_12.jpg

It was even clear enough to see Mt. Rainier!! I didn't realize how big it was. Our trip wasn't really long enough to be able to go and see it. But like I said, we have been loving Seattle so much, we are definitely going to plan a return trip!

Day4_13.jpg

It is really a great view up there! Before we came some people said, nah don't go, it is a touristy thing, and others said we should go. My decision to go was based on something we didn't do once. In 2010 we went to Paris and did not go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I have regretted that decision ever since, so I wanted to make sure I didn't have any regrets about this trip! Which is why we decided to go up. I am very happy with that choice and I don't think it could have been a better day to do it either! We could also see Lake Union which we were planning to kayak on Monday when we returned!

Day4_15.jpg

There were kiosks at the top where you could email yourself the photo that they took before you went up so we went over to check it out! We liked it so much we decided to go ahead and buy one! It worked out pretty well because we got one free also, so I can give it to my grandmother. She loves vacation photos of us! We even got to choose a different background!

SpaceNeedlePhoto.jpg

We were the first and only ones in line to go back down...after all we had a cruise to catch! We hopped right back on the monorail. Got back to the hotel, went upstairs to get our luggage, came down and caught a cab to the pier. Our check-in time was 11:00-11:30. We were only a few minutes away from our very first up close look at the Disney Wonder!

You and your cliff hangers!!!! :rotfl:

So, DS and I went twice to see the wonder that day, once after his dr appointment, so we were there from about 10:45-11:45am, then we came back for sail away about 4:30...so we were watching while you were checking in I guess! (said in the least creepy way possible.....)

You and your cliff hangers!!!! :rotfl:

So, DS and I went twice to see the wonder that day, once after his dr appointment, so we were there from about 10:45-11:45am, then we came back for sail away about 4:30...so we were watching while you were checking in I guess! (said in the least creepy way possible.....)

I have to keep you wanting more..or at least that what I am trying to do...:rotfl: Yep we got to the terminal at about 11:15 so you were definitely watching..mwahahah! Could you hear the sail-away party from where you were?? It was pretty loud from where we were!

After a short cab ride we finally made it to Smith Cove at Pier 91! The home of the Disney Wonder while she is in Seattle! We jumped out of the cab and I couldn't wait to get my very first up and close shot of our home for the next week!!

Day4_16.jpg

Jeremy wanted in on the action too! Can he ever take a picture where he just smiles...NO, what is the fun in that! Everybody has smiling photos, we want to actually look like we are having fun...because we ARE!

Day4_17.jpg

We were ushered through the doorway, waving Mickey hands all around guiding us through this terminal! We have never been to the Disney Terminal at Port Canaveral and so I heard that one was really cool! This one was decorated with lots of Disney stuff all over, so I got in the mood really quickly!! We handed our bags over, and before we went up the escalator, we got our very first Navigator! Inching ever closer to check-in, next they checked our passports, and we had to fill out the sickness form! Hopefully no one tells a lie on theirs..:lmao: We are perfectly healthy so we checked our boxes and made our way around some more. We were given our boarding number next

Day4_29.jpg

We were to be in group number 6! There really weren't that many people there so I kept wondering how many numbers they actually go up to...I mean it still looked pretty empty to me! Finally we made it to check-in, there was no line so we went right up to the desk! Everything was in order because I had done online check-in, we got our photo taken and then got our KTTW cards!! Yay! We are officially ready now!

Day4_28.jpg

We got out of check-in and turned the corner and Minnie was over there posing for photos with everyone! Before we could get over there I looked up and guess who it was! It was the Schindel Family, who we had met yesterday on the Pike Place Market Tour! We chatted with them a bit, they had gotten there a little before us and were waiting in the Terminal! It was so cool to see them again so soon! I wonder if that would be happening a lot on this voyage? They went to sit back down and we walked over to have our picture taken with Minnie!

TerminalMinnie.jpg

We found ourselves a seat right in front of where everyone would board from and got started waiting for the boarding process to start! Someone sure is excited today!!

Day4_24.jpg

We pulled out the Navigator and started trying to figure out what we wanted to do when we got on the ship! We wanted to try and make a High Tea Reservation for Palo since they are no longer going to be doing High Tea. So this would be our absolute first and last chance to do it! So 12:30 in Wavebands..we told ourselves to remember that and kept on looking through at all of the stuff happening on board today!

Day4_30.jpg

Before you know it, they announced the Family of the Day and everyone started boarding! It was a very quick and smooth process! You pretty much, got in line when your group number was called they took a photo of you, swiped your KTTW cards and you made your way outside to go up the ramps and onto the Disney Wonder! Hey look, no silly faces...this picture seems kind of boring after you guys have seen all the rest right?

AllAboard.jpg

We got outside and a couple was trying to take a photo of themselves in front of the ship! I stopped and offered to take a photo for them, they were very thankful and then offered to take one of us, so we said sure! I don't think I ever saw them again on the entire cruise, which is really odd because we seemed to run into the same people over and over again! But thanks anyway couple if you happen to read this TR!

Day4_32.jpg

We were so close now, only ramps were in our way from reaching the Wonder...ok ramps and hand sanitizer maybe! That is one thing I really like, I am all about keeping my hands sanitized in a place like this! One more outside shot of the Wonder before we head up those ramps!

Day4_34.jpg

Up and Up we go, where we stop..ok everyone knows!! We walk inside the door and hear the words we have been waiting for! *Drum Roll*

"Disney Wonder, Please Welcome Aboard the Chronister Family"

I have to keep you wanting more..or at least that what I am trying to do...:rotfl: Yep we got to the terminal at about 11:15 so you were definitely watching..mwahahah! Could you hear the sail-away party from where you were?? It was pretty loud from where we were!

Yeah! We were in the shore at Smith Cove Park and we could hear the music, Mickey and Goofy talking (but we couldn't understand them) and people cheering! Then as it was pulling away from view we could still hear "Party Rock Anthem" ;) sounded fun!

Yeah your at the ship! ;)

Oh my gosh I can't believe what happened at Brave Horse, I am happy they could get you in at Seatown. We had lunch there on our first day and enjoyed it.

Yeah! We were in the shore at Smith Cove Park and we could hear the music, Mickey and Goofy talking (but we couldn't understand them) and people cheering! Then as it was pulling away from view we could still hear "Party Rock Anthem" ;) sounded fun!

That song is still stuck in my head, I am beginning to think it will be forever!

Yeah your at the ship! ;)

Oh my gosh I can't believe what happened at Brave Horse, I am happy they could get you in at Seatown. We had lunch there on our first day and enjoyed it.

Yes...we finally made it to the ship! I was glad we got in there too, I should have had a backup plan, oh well.

Ok everybody...is my TR too long...I feel like I am annoying everyone...LOL I am just trying to make it as complete as possible...:lmao: I want to remember all these details of my trip so hang in there with me if you can :rolleyes1

That song is still stuck in my head, I am beginning to think it will be forever!

Yes...we finally made it to the ship! I was glad we got in there too, I should have had a backup plan, oh well.

Ok everybody...is my TR too long...I feel like I am annoying everyone...LOL I am just trying to make it as complete as possible...:lmao: I want to remember all these details of my trip so hang in there with me if you can :rolleyes1

Not too long at all, IMO. I especially appreciate the effort in scanning and posting all the nav's etc. :goodvibes Living vicariously through you right now, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter