No more segmented vacations for ddp

Isn't it still possible to use the dining plan for part of a stay by making completely separate reservations? Yes, that could mean changing rooms, and it won't help people who booked some months back in resorts that no longer have availability (because if you cancel a 7-night reservation, you might not be able to get a 3- and 4-night rebooked). But that's the same issue that non-DVC members have at all times -- if you want dining plan and non-dining plan reservations, you need to make two reservations.

I made 2 reservations, so when I call today, I'll see what they say. I made a 13 day reservation at the 11 month window, then at the 7 month window I added on a day prior. But while they are listed separately on my DVC "upcoming vacations", they NOW have the same number, along with the room we booked my daughter. So on my reservation it shows 1 night and 13 nights. I only wanted to add the delux ddp for the 1 night so that we could enjoy a couple of nice meals before the family arrives. I guess I'll find out how they handle that since I didn't ask them to segment my reservation. It is the way it was booked.

We have a trip coming up in two weeks that shares a reservation number but we are staying at blt for one night and bcv for 10 fays. We currently have the dining plan for only the10 days, they are not going to change people already booked are they?
We don't arrive until 11:30pm and x not need that.first day, that ia why we are staying at a different resort.

Judy

Wow what a disappointment. I now have to make changes to my dining reservations because of this. Another reason to add fuel to the fire with DVC. Starting to make me mad to be honest.

I'm confused am I affected?

I have a segmented trip coming up starting 9/10

9/10 one reservation
9/11-9/18 one reservation
9/19 one reservation.

All are the same reservation number

I haven't added the dining plan to them was going to pay for them TODAY. Am I outta luck now. Or Am I go because I already have it segmented just NOT w/ the dining plans on them yet.

Glad they are doing that, I was tired of hearing about segmented reservations nightmares. I'm sure the DVC reps are also tired of hearing complaints and having to give out refunds.

I don't remember, but I think one poster here said they went through 48 different KTTW cards during their stay.

That was me with the 48 (or more, I lost count) different key cards. It was not segmented every day like some other posters, it was 2 different dining plans over 5 days, for 7 people. It should have been easy, but wasn't. I am not surprised that Disney is discontinuing the segmenting of reservations. Their computer system couldn't handle it at certain resorts, and it ended up causing anger among members, and undue time spent by cast members and managers trying to fix the problems. I spent hours and hours at the front desk trying to fix our dining problems. I generally had a CM and a manager trying to fix my problems - that was alot of time that they didn't get to use for other duties.

Glad they are doing that, I was tired of hearing about segmented reservations nightmares. I'm sure the DVC reps are also tired of hearing complaints and having to give out refunds.

I don't remember, but I think one poster here said they went through 48 different KTTW cards during their stay.

I'm glad too. As much as I would have loved saving money on meals, it really seems to have been more trouble than it's worth on all ends.

I'm confused am I affected?

I have a segmented trip coming up starting 9/10

9/10 one reservation
9/11-9/18 one reservation
9/19 one reservation.

All are the same reservation number

I haven't added the dining plan to them was going to pay for them TODAY. Am I outta luck now. Or Am I go because I already have it segmented just NOT w/ the dining plans on them yet.

Post back if you find out. For me it's only 1 day of credits (my first day), so not a big deal if I can't do it.

I made 2 reservations, so when I call today, I'll see what they say. I made a 13 day reservation at the 11 month window, then at the 7 month window I added on a day prior. But while they are listed separately on my DVC "upcoming vacations", they NOW have the same number, along with the room we booked my daughter. So on my reservation it shows 1 night and 13 nights. I only wanted to add the delux ddp for the 1 night so that we could enjoy a couple of nice meals before the family arrives. I guess I'll find out how they handle that since I didn't ask them to segment my reservation. It is the way it was booked.

So does this mean if I book a studio for 4 days with the DDP, then booked a 3 day 2 BR, would that count as two reservations, and allow segmentation?

We are TIW people too, although it seems like we enjoy finding new offsite places these days...

So does this mean if I book a studio for 4 days with the DDP, then booked a 3 day 2 BR, would that count as two reservations, and allow segmentation?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that is still considered 2 separate reservations (with 2 room sizes) so they should be independent of one another. I don't actually understand why they would link those all under one reservation # to begin with though. But I know they do or have in the recent past.

That's what some of us are wondering.

THis is how mine is set up.

10/15 one night Studio (booked at the 7 mo window with ssr points) us
10/16-29 13 nights Studio (booked at the 11 mo window w/BWV points) us
10/22-29 7 nights 1 bedroom (booked at the 7 mo window w/ssr points) DD

ALL THREE reservations are listed with the EXACT same reservation number. And there are different people in the 1 bedroom vs the Studio.

I spoke to 2 different CMs and a supervisor. They were told it started at 8:45 this morning before reservations opened. It seems the segmented dining was doing a number on the new computer program and hence screwing things up during people's trips OK I can understand that but WHY can't I just book a segmented stay then too?
That way I can still book the dining the way I want too... I was told NOPE unless you jump resorts.
grrrr!
I also complained about the lack of open communication DVC has with it's and was given an address to contact Ms. Claire Bilby in Celebration, FL... not that it'll help my situation.

Curious kind of, we rarely us a DP because 1/2 of us are small eaters.

But for next spring we reserved 2 BCV studios, one under my name-and one under DW, mostly in case we need to cancel one if not all can make the trip (instead of a 2BR), 2 sep ressie numbers.

I wonder if one studio can be on the plan (put the big eaters in that one) and one not on the plan.

That's what some of us are wondering.

THis is how mine is set up.

10/15 one night Studio (booked at the 7 mo window with ssr points) us
10/16-29 13 nights Studio (booked at the 11 mo window w/BWV points) us
10/22-29 7 nights 1 bedroom (booked at the 7 mo window w/ssr points) DD

ALL THREE reservations are listed with the EXACT same reservation number. And there are different people in the 1 bedroom vs the Studio.

I believe as long as it is split between resorts, you can add different DP to each.
but if you are staying at the same resort, it may be your entire stay :(

Stupid question probably, but can DP be used at all for the Wine and Food festival? I know probably not the wine or beer, but for could we use it for snacks?

Ok I just got off the phone. Here is how my reservation looked.....

9/10-9/11 Dlx Studio BWV
9/11-9/18 1 bdrm Lk View BLT
9/18-9/19 1 bdrm lk View BLT

When I was first talking to the CM she said she is under the impression that I would be find doing basic 9/10-9/11 however I would need to have deluxe for the entire stay at BLT. This is because there is no room change/resort change. She put me on hold (FOR FOREVER lol) came back and told me that I was OK w/ doing 9/10-9/11 Dlx Studio BWV BASIC 9/11-9/18 1 bdrm Lk View BLT DELUXE 9/18-9/19 1 bdrm lk View BLT BASIC because I had already divided up my trip previous to today.

So I am thinking if you already have your trip segmented your ok if not you can't do a segmented trip.

I even called back and verified this w/ a different CM plus the original CM had notes in the system

Hope this helps some people.

I was also able to add different dining plans today to my reservation that was previously segmented.

I also complained about the lack of open communication DVC has with it's and was given an address to contact Ms. Claire Bilby in Celebration, FL... not that it'll help my situation.

Do you have that address? Maybe it would help if she heard directly from DVCers?

Also, just for the record, I think Disney would do well making one of their plans 2 sit down meals a day. From reading lots on these boards about the dining plan, it seems many people did the segmenting to do just that - eat 2 sit downs a day, or eat at one signature restaurant a day.

Either that or come up with a DVC perk that you could buy as many days on the deluxe that you wanted, as long as it equaled half your stay, and then you could use the credits all week at your convenience. It would eliminate confusion at the front desk, eliminate multiple mugs and keys per one reservation, and still allow the members to do similar dining. For instance, if you stayed 6 nights, members could add 3 or more nights of deluxe dining plan. If they added 3 nights, they would have 9 sit down meals to use the whole week, listed on one card, with only one check in and one check out.

I like both of these ideas! :thumbsup2

Also, just for the record, I think Disney would do well making one of their plans 2 sit down meals a day. From reading lots on these boards about the dining plan, it seems many people did the segmenting to do just that - eat 2 sit downs a day, or eat at one signature restaurant a day.

Either that or come up with a DVC perk that you could buy as many days on the deluxe that you wanted, as long as it equaled half your stay, and then you could use the credits all week at your convenience. It would eliminate confusion at the front desk, eliminate multiple mugs and keys per one reservation, and still allow the members to do similar dining. For instance, if you stayed 6 nights, members could add 3 or more nights of deluxe dining plan. If they added 3 nights, they would have 9 sit down meals to use the whole week, listed on one card, with only one check in and one check out.

This change was expected, we just had no idea how far down the road it would be made.

I was planning on segmenting for just Christmas Eve so I could take the kids and I to one of the nicer restaurants and have it prepaid. I'd rather not have that bill to worry about on the holiday and the snack credits would be fun to try for a day.

Seems like the TIW card is the way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter