No longer able to make dining reservations over the phone?

You can call if it's over 8, so there you go! :)

I think people calling to make ADRs just because they don't like to do it online is wasting other people's time who need to get through to the phone CMs (obviously the exception are people who are having difficulties).
Heaven forbid Disney should offer options to people about to spend hundreds of dollars (depending on party size) to dine at one of their restaurants.

I think people calling to make ADRs just because they don't like to do it online is wasting other people's time who need to get through to the phone CMs (obviously the exception are people who are having difficulties).
Depends on the restaurant. Some of them you have to call the restaurant directly (and find the number, good luck with that) and then hope someone 1) answers the phone and 2) if they don't, calls you back. I struck out on both 1 and 2.

I hate to point out the obvious, but helping people make ADR's is part of their JOB as a phone CM. :rolleyes: Guests are not wasting a person's time paid by Disney to help guests.

I hate to point out the obvious, but helping people make ADR's is part of their JOB as a phone CM. :rolleyes: Guests are not wasting a person's time paid by Disney to help guests.

Apparently Disney would rather use them as a different resource.

And I'm sure they are still there to help if people are having some difficulty making them online. Did you read somewhere they wouldn't help someone who is having difficulty?

Sorry, but I think a lot of people who would rather call just don't want to bother with making them online, not that they are having some sort of issue.

Online is now the preferred method and people will get used to it.

And I couldn't care less that people called, but I just don't think there is anything wrong with this new policy, that's all.

Just another thought - I hope they change their processes for booking their special dining packages online like for the eat to the beat concerts and the candlelight processional. The way it worked this year is that the reserved times for the bands or the processional were pre-selected for you. You didn't know the time until you reached the payment page. The only way I was able to reserve the time I wanted for the candlelight processional this year was to call in.

Why do you not like making them online? Have you had issues making them before?
I have had better luck with them finding what I want on the day I want, but beyond that it is the same reason I won't use a self check out at the grocery store-- I am paying for that service, I like to talk to people, and I don't want to contribute to unemployment. Customer service is important to me.

I have had better luck with them finding what I want on the day I want, but beyond that it is the same reason I won't use a self check out at the grocery store-- I am paying for that service, I like to talk to people, and I don't want to contribute to unemployment. Customer service is important to me.

Nothing personal, but your answer is probably part of the reason for this new policy. Times and technology (yes, I know mde has issues) have changed and we have to change with it!

And why are we assuming these phone cms are losing their jobs?

I’ve booked plenty of ARDs for 2-14 people on MDE and only once had an issue when booking for 5 and it let me make ARDs for only the first few days not all of them. CM was happy to help :) I can’t imagine calling in unless I had an issue since MDE is so easy!!! (yes it has issues in which case I would call).

I always used MDE BUT... the more options I have the better. I have had to call in due to glitches with the app before, just nothing involving dining reservations.

The simple fact is that having backup ways to change their ADRs helped a lot of people, and people are going to be understandably bothered by this new policy. They keep raising prices and removing options.

OK everyone, let's move on. State your opinion and let's get back to the topic of the thread. Let's not become argumentative which will result in this thread being closed for further discussion.

Thanks!

There are a lot of companies who I would trust to have computer-only access to their support services.

Disney is nowhere near that level, on anything as simple as "I'd like to choose (and pay for, by the way) what plastic RFID tag you people use to track me moving through the parks" or "Please tell me what times are available 6 months from now when I'd like to have a cloth napkin for my dining."

Disney should be empowering their staff to know more and do more, not treating them as their own personal mushroom-growing experiment.

So will all Food and Wine (and other special dining events) be available online from here on out?
Good question, be interesting to see what happens for next year's festival.
For Party for the Senses, general booking has been available online, but if you wanted reserved seating or the wine view lounge, you needed to call in.

Trust me on this: those of us in customer service would rather the customer use online services if they are available.

Agents are now required to ask whether you attempted to book online. For any number of reasons a guest may not be able to do the booking themselves... technology, special event, special member discounts, etc. Simply tell the agent you couldn't do it yourself and they will assist. "When in doubt, help the guest out!" is what agents are being told.

And btw, they have already starting letting people go, so this was an economic decision.

Agents are now required to ask whether you attempted to book online. For any number of reasons a guest may not be able to do the booking themselves... technology, special event, special member discounts, etc. Simply tell the agent you couldn't do it yourself and they will assist. "When in doubt, help the guest out!" is what agents are being told.

And btw, they have already starting letting people go, so this was an economic decision.

Well there you go! You can still call if you don't like booking online.

We will see. Disney needs to still allow phone reservations for so many reasons

• Disney IT goes down
  • Questions on menu accommodations
  • Handicapped guest unable to make online
  • No internet ability (like my mom)
  • Prefers to talk to a person (I do think that is a viable reason, ymmv)

This is one of the least customer centric decision they’ve made

We will see. Disney needs to still allow phone reservations for so many reasons

• Disney IT goes down
  • Questions on menu accommodations
  • Handicapped guest unable to make online
  • No internet ability (like my mom)
  • Prefers to talk to a person (I do think that is a viable reason, ymmv)

This is one of the least customer centric decision they’ve made

I don't think the new policy will stop you from calling if you have any of the problems listed except the last one, although you could just lie and tell them you can't do it online and they will help you I'm assuming.

Nothing personal, but your answer is probably part of the reason for this new policy. Times and technology (yes, I know mde has issues) have changed and we have to change with it!

And why are we assuming these phone cms are losing their jobs?
Why would you assume they wouldn't when their job is being downsized? Also, starting a sentence with "Nothing personal, but..." immediately makes it personal. I'm even more annoyed now since I am being blamed for the removal of customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter