No Hotel Availability Nov-Dec

Jetta8300

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if this is real or not. I've checked for a room in any hotel in disney for multiple date combinations in the "slower" times of november and December with zero availability in any hotel. Even without any discount clicked. Ive been going to disney for years and have never seen this. Especially during the slower times, the first two weeks of November, first two weeks of December. No luck. Is this legit or it is a problem with the website? I just have a hard time believing this is accurate especially since Ive read in multiple places that attendance was declining.

I've seen comments about this for weeks so I don't think it's storm related.

I was just going to say - I don't understand the resort reservation system at all. For weeks/months now people have been posting they can't get any rooms in October, a lot of people. I even looked on the website, nothing really there at all.

Yet there are so many people who were able to reschedule their September trips to October - some to resorts that were completely sold out. Where did all the rooms come from? :confused3

If you can push your December search window a bit later there is plenty of availability beginning mid December leading up to Christmas.

I was just going to say - I don't understand the resort reservation system at all. For weeks/months now people have been posting they can't get any rooms in October, a lot of people. I even looked on the website, nothing really there at all.

Yet there are so many people who were able to reschedule their September trips to October - some to resorts that were completely sold out. Where did all the rooms come from? :confused3
They have done maintenance on the system multiple times this year and it seems to keep giving screwy results. Not nearly as noticeable as it was when they first started but still. It's indeed amazing how they found that much availability! (Maybe they pulled it back from wholesalers or something? Idk as I have NO idea how their system works.)

Thanks everyone for your replies. I did pull up the first week of december and there's a grand floridian villa. that's it. Our dates are very flexible but I don't want to go around Christmas with the crowds and there's also issues with work. I'm wondering if they did put rooms on hold because of the impending hurricane. For all of november and early december I was able to find one standard little mermaid room for the second week in november, but I had to shorten the dates. I will keep checking back as the weeks get closer. But to me it doesnt make sense. I've traveled during busier times and there was still tons of availability. I have a very hard time believing there's not one room at the all star music resort for 8 straight weeks, for 6 nights at rack rate. doesn't make sense.

There are some time periods in November and December that have free dining (right after Thanksgiving for example). That may be contributing to the issue.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I did pull up the first week of december and there's a grand floridian villa. that's it. Our dates are very flexible but I don't want to go around Christmas with the crowds and there's also issues with work. I'm wondering if they did put rooms on hold because of the impending hurricane. For all of november and early december I was able to find one standard little mermaid room for the second week in november, but I had to shorten the dates. I will keep checking back as the weeks get closer. But to me it doesnt make sense. I've traveled during busier times and there was still tons of availability. I have a very hard time believing there's not one room at the all star music resort for 8 straight weeks, for 6 nights at rack rate. doesn't make sense.

After Irma passes and the fall out from that gets settled, try calling. I've had instances where rooms weren't listed online but pop up when talking to reservations. Also, their room blocking gets screwed up sometimes, so if you check individual days, you find something, but not a whole week. They can change that over the phone, although you might have to escalate the call to a manager or guest relations to get it done.

It was like this long before Irma hit the news. If your trip involves staying over two weekends, you will likely need a split stay...maybe even three.

Race, jersey week, thanksgiving, pop warner, etc. it's no longer slow season.

I'm seeing availability on cheaptickets

That's why I'm asking if there's something wrong with Disney's website. I understand there is no slow season, but there are slower seasons than others, and this is not peak season. And i've never seen every single Disney hotel room booked for Jersey Week. We did find at least a room at Art of Animation for Nov 6-11. But they only have availablility for a Little mermaid room, Boardwalk 1 bedroom Villa, or Old Key West stuido. Still doesn't make sense to me! Thanks everyone and I'll check back for sure!

It was like this long before Irma hit the news. If your trip involves staying over two weekends, you will likely need a split stay...maybe even three.

We are looking at a Monday-Saturday, so pretty much just during the week since we are checking out saturday morning. still nothing much available.

I checked day by day, and it appears it's 11/9-11/10 that has really low availability. Every other individual day during that week has pretty good availability.

We are looking at a Monday-Saturday, so pretty much just during the week since we are checking out saturday morning. still nothing much available.
I was just checking for some friends who wanted Mon-Sat, also. Mon-Fri was OK, but the Fri-Sat required a resort change.

And in doing a search on Orbitz, a notice popped up that 80% of Lake Buena Vista lodgings are booked that week.

I checked day by day, and it appears it's 11/9-11/10 that has really low availability. Every other individual day during that week has pretty good availability.
Jersey Week, Veterans Day, and the last weekend of F&W make that a crowded weekend. I went to EP that Saturday night last year when the same trifecta hit...it was shoulder-to-shoulder.

Jersey Week, Veterans Day, and the last weekend of F&W make that a crowded weekend. I went to EP that Saturday night last year when the same trifecta hit...it was shoulder-to-shoulder.

We did it in 2013, with F&W marathon on the weekend too...it was nuts, especially at Epcot. I wouldn't plan a trip that weekend again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter