No guarantee for re-entry back in to the park you have a reservation for?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
I was told today by a DVC CM that since park hopping started back up, and if the park hits capacity, no one will be allowed back in. It doesn't matter if you have a park reservation for that park on that day. Going back to the room for a swim? Dinner at a resort? I was told that you shouldn't plan on being able to get back in to the park later. The CM told me that they had specifically asked this question and was told that re-entry rules had changed when park hopping started back up.

If this is true, that really sucks! Anyone else been told this? Anyway to verify it? If you have any knowledge on this matter, I'm sure we would all be interested to know more. Thanks so much!

That's horrible! That would drastically impact our trip in September. I booked BLT specifically so we could get back to the room easier for my son to take a nap midday.

I can't imagine that they could exclude you from entering or re-entering a park if you have a park pass for that park and day.
I can see where they may not let park hoppers in due to capacity size.

I don't believe that is accurate. We could not get a reservation for HS in March and so we just parkhopped to our reservation to Oga's in the afternoon. We were not turned away.

I think you will be fine returning to your first park.

Once I was told that, I specifically said that we would want to go back to the park that we had the park reservation for. The CM said that was what they had asked about and was told "no, not if the parks are at capacity". This particular CM has been there a long time and quickly knew what they were doing with the issues I called in for. So they seemed very knowledgeable. I was told that the re-entry ruled changed once park hopping came on board.

During Spring Break, did any park reach capacity? I sure hope that this is mis-information.

I don’t see how that’s possible. Your park reservation reserves your spot in the park for the full day. Leaving and returning shouldn’t effect that. Of course Disney’s done strange things before so who knows. Hopefully this is another case of CM misinformation.
That’s untrue. You can leave and renter the park you have a reservation for even if it’s sold out/at capacity for the day.

You don’t tap a magicband while leaving a park- how would they know you had left?

How would denying you entry from coming back to the park be different that denying someone with a reservation who was just getting there for the first time?

There are, literally, zero reports of anyone being turned away when returning to the park they have a reservation for later in the day.
On the same note, I have not seen or heard of any reports of people being turned away that wanted to hop to a park.

I wonder if the information that was being shared had more to do with what would happen once the Disney-imposed attendance limitations (currently 35%) are lifted? For example, on October 1, it is possible that MK will hit its true 100% capacity (if they are letting that many people in by that time). I suppose it is possible in that situation, that someone who enters and leaves a park may be denied reentry if the park is at its true 100% capacity?

I was told today by a DVC CM that since park hopping started back up, and if the park hits capacity, no one will be allowed back in. It doesn't matter if you have a park reservation for that park on that day. Going back to the room for a swim? Dinner at a resort? I was told that you shouldn't plan on being able to get back in to the park later. The CM told me that they had specifically asked this question and was told that re-entry rules had changed when park hopping started back up.

If this is true, that really sucks! Anyone else been told this? Anyway to verify it? If you have any knowledge on this matter, I'm sure we would all be interested to know more. Thanks so much!
The cm is wrong...pretty typical misinformed cm unfortunately.

Once I was told that, I specifically said that we would want to go back to the park that we had the park reservation for. The CM said that was what they had asked about and was told "no, not if the parks are at capacity". This particular CM has been there a long time and quickly knew what they were doing with the issues I called in for. So they seemed very knowledgeable. I was told that the re-entry ruled changed once park hopping came on board.

During Spring Break, did any park reach capacity? I sure hope that this is mis-information.
It did not change...just another misinformed cm.

You don’t tap a magicband while leaving a park- how would they know you had left?

How would denying you entry from coming back to the park be different that denying someone with a reservation who was just getting there for the first time?

That's what I was thinking. They have a count of how many came in, not how many left.

I had three different CMs - via phone, text, and email - tell me that you are guaranteed entry into the park you have a reservation for, even if you leave and return. I've never had three different CMs agree on anything!!!

Technically, that has always been true. If parks were at capacity it didn't matter if you had been there earlier in the day.

However, I have not heard of anyone not being able to get into a park once they left and wanted to return or if they were park hopping since park reservations started in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter